Closing Time!!

Give it a couple of hours, they will probably show up today or Monday. Congratulations fellow VGF owner!!!!!

Thanks! now my memberships are showing up in the booking tool and my dashboard, but still showing zero points. It is so much easier the second time around!

Home: SSR
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 12/11
Offer accepted: 12/12
Sent to ROFR: 12/13
Passed ROFR: 12/27
Closing docs received: 1/12
Closing docs returned: 1/15 (dropped in FedEx on 1/14 for pick up on Monday)
Seller's docs returned: 1/31
Closing: 2/1
Deed Recorded: 2/2
Points in my account:

Just waiting on an appropriate time to call and get my membership number now. DYING to book a much needed vacation!!!
How do you know when to call and get your number?

Getting closer! I called this morning to get an update and by looking up the number of the contract I just purchased Member Administration was able to tell me that they had received the recorded deed but that the contract hadn't been transferred into our name yet. The representative I spoke with said it could take up to 2 weeks to transfer the contract as it is a manual process. She said I could call back at any time and they could check the status as long as I gave them the contract number.

I checked later this afternoon and I now see the new contract (it is the same resort and use year as my existing contract) listed under my account. Now I just need my point balance to be updated!!

Home: BLT
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 12/4/17
Offer accepted: 12/4/17
Sent to ROFR: 12/6/17
Passed ROFR: 12/24/17
Closing docs received: 1/16/18
Closing docs returned: 1/17/18
Closing: 1/25/18
Deed recorded: 1/25/18
Disney notified of transfer: 1/26/18
Contract transferred to my account: 2/2/18
Points in my account:

Home: VGF
Offer made: 12/19
Offer accepted: 12/19
Sent to ROFR: 12/22
Passed ROFR: 1/5
Closing docs received: 1/29
Closing docs returned: 1/30
Closing: 2/2
Deed recorded: 2/2
Points in my account:

We closed today!!!

Offer made: 12/7
Offer accepted: 12/7
Sent to ROFR: 12/11
Passed ROFR: 12/24 (!Sunday!)
Closing docs received:1/19
Closing docs returned:1/22
Seller returned closing docs: 1/23 (?)
Closing:1/23 (?)
Deed recorded: 1/25
New Membership on dashboard: 2/2 (but still showing 0 points)
Points in my account: 2/2 (hopeful)

FWIW, this is a different UY and home resort from my previous one, and it all started showing up in my DVC booking tool and dashboard this afternoon. I didn't call or anything.

Closing:1/23 (?)
New Membership on dashboard: 2/2 (but still showing 0 points)
Points in my account: 2/2 (hopeful)

FWIW, this is a different UY and home resort from my previous one, and it all started showing up in my DVC booking tool and dashboard this afternoon. I didn't call or anything.

Mine are different too. Is it just listed on your dashboard under your other one?

Mine are different too. Is it just listed on your dashboard under your other one?
yep - I thought there would have to be a whole different log in process based on how complicated everyone was making it sound, but it's all there on the dashboard pretty clearly!

ETA: I could see it getting complicated once you have 3 or more resorts/UY combinations. For example, if I had 2 different UY at one resort, or more than 3 home resorts, it might get hard to manage. by 2UY, 2 resorts, that are intended to be used separately, does not seem hard at all.

(Wait a few months for me to start posting here about losing points because I didn't plan correctly, LOL)

yep - I thought there would have to be a whole different log in process based on how complicated everyone was making it sound, but it's all there on the dashboard pretty clearly!

ETA: I could see it getting complicated once you have 3 or more resorts/UY combinations. For example, if I had 2 different UY at one resort, or more than 3 home resorts, it might get hard to manage. by 2UY, 2 resorts, that are intended to be used separately, does not seem hard at all.

(Wait a few months for me to start posting here about losing points because I didn't plan correctly, LOL)

It’s not to complicated, you just have to do a little more planning with which contract your points are coming from for a reservation.

Final update... (until we buy an Epcot resort or AKV or Poly or CCV, lol)

Closing:1/23 (deed dated 1/22; Title co received our check 1/23)
Membership showing in my dashboard: 2/2 (but 0 points)
Points in my account:2/5

So, the title company received our signed paperwork and check Friday. We may see something today or tomorrow?

Getting closer! I called this morning to get an update and by looking up the number of the contract I just purchased Member Administration was able to tell me that they had received the recorded deed but that the contract hadn't been transferred into our name yet. The representative I spoke with said it could take up to 2 weeks to transfer the contract as it is a manual process. She said I could call back at any time and they could check the status as long as I gave them the contract number.

I checked later this afternoon and I now see the new contract (it is the same resort and use year as my existing contract) listed under my account. Now I just need my point balance to be updated!!

Points in my account:

Finally all done!!!!!

Points in my account: 2/5/18

Final update... (until we buy an Epcot resort or AKV or Poly or CCV, lol)

Closing:1/23 (deed dated 1/22; Title co received our check 1/23)
Membership showing in my dashboard: 2/2 (but 0 points)
Points in my account:2/5

Congrats!!!!!!

How soon after closing did you all get your membership number from Disney via mail? We are 1 week post recording so I was going to give them until Friday and then call Member Services on Monday. Does that seem like enough time?

How soon after closing did you all get your membership number from Disney via mail? We are 1 week post recording so I was going to give them until Friday and then call Member Services on Monday. Does that seem like enough time?

It has been a week for me also. Nothing yet.

Home: BRV
Offer made: 12/20
Offer countered & accepted: 12/20
Sent to ROFR: 12/21
Closing docs received: 1/23
Closing docs returned: 1/24
Seller returned closing docs: 1/29
Closing: 2/8
Deed recorded: 2/9
Points in my account:

Final step, come on Disney!

The resale process requires a lot of patience, but Scot Decker at the Timeshare Store was a pleasure to deal with.
His courteous, prompt, and professional assistance along the way was appreciated.

This has been a long process especially because my first purchase was direct..

Home: AKV
Title Company: First American Title
Offer Made: 11/25
Counter Offer Accepted: 12/3
Sent to ROFR: 12/6
Passed ROFR: 12/22
Closing Docs received: 1/25
Closing Docs returned: 1/29
Seller returned closing docs: 1/31
Closing: 2/1 (according to broker)
Deed Recording:
Point in my account:

This is becoming stressful as I have points that I will lose in June. At this point, I think they are lost :(

I neeeeedd to vent. First American hasn't actually closed yet! She just meant seller sent docs 1/31. Called First American and they stated they are working on it and with Monera. ugh

so new Timeline

Home: AKV
Title Company: First American Title
Offer Made: 11/25
Counter Offer Accepted: 12/3
Sent to ROFR: 12/6
Passed ROFR: 12/22
Closing Docs received: 1/25
Closing Docs returned: 1/29
Seller returned closing docs: 1/31
Closing: ?????????????
Deed Recording:
Point in my account:

Grrrr!!! Hate that this is going so slow!

Home: BRV
Offer made: 12/20
Offer countered & accepted: 12/20
Sent to ROFR: 12/21
Closing docs received: 1/23
Closing docs returned: 1/24
Seller returned closing docs: 1/29
Closing: 2/8
Deed recorded: 2/9
Points in my account:

Final step, come on Disney!

The resale process requires a lot of patience, but Scot Decker at the Timeshare Store was a pleasure to deal with.
His courteous, prompt, and professional assistance along the way was appreciated.
I am using the Timeshare store too, but with another agent. They are professional, I just wish there was more communication. I feel like I am bothering every time I call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter