Closing Time!!

Argh-called today and they haven’t processed my contract yet. Deed recorded on 10/31, but she said they got the info on 11/3. Promised to put me on the top of the list when they get to that day. This is VGC-I’m getting very anxious to book at if I kiss the 7 month window, I’m screwed.

As an aside, accepted offer on this one was 7/5. It’s been a bit of a nightmare...

Home: AKV
Offer made and accepted: 9/21
Sent to ROFR: 9/22
Passed ROFR: 10/4
Closing docs received: 10/20
Closing docs sent back: 10/20
Closing: 11/1
Deed recorded: 11/3
Points in my account: 11/8

All and all a smooth process, was also able to immediately add 25 points when I called to get my member ID, etc.

Home: BLT
Sent to ROFR: 9/28
Passes ROFR: 10/11
Closing docs received: 10/30
Closing docs returned and $wired: 10/31
Closed: 11/9

Getting closer! I’ve tried to just completely forget about it between steps. Obviously THAT hasn’t worked. I’ve already had several family members suggest ways that they could spend my points...

Deed Recorded: 11/9

AAHH! Somehow I missed that they posted the deed their site late yesterday afternoon! Now I have to figure out the next step. Call I guess?

I called today and was able to set up our account and can see our contract. Our points aren’t loaded yet. How long does it typically take for points to be loaded?

I called today and was able to set up our account and can see our contract. Our points aren’t loaded yet. How long does it typically take for points to be loaded?
When I first logged on our points were not there. I literally logged off and log back in 5 minutes later and our points were loaded and I booked. It was 7 days after closing

When I first logged on our points were not there. I literally logged off and log back in 5 minutes later and our points were loaded and I booked. It was 7 days after closing

Ya mine showed up within a few hours after getting logged into the website. Sadly I have to wait for Jan 4th to book my first DVC trip.

This is mostly for you that have more than one contract that has recently added another one, once the deed shows up on line, what is the time frame until points shows up in your account?

Home: BWV
Offer made and accepted: 9/14
Sent to ROFR: 9/15
Passed ROFR: 9/22
Closing docs received: 10/18
Closing docs sent back: 10/19
Closing: 11/1
Deed recorded:11/1
Points in my account: 11/14

Took longer than I thought to get our points loaded but at least we had a WDW trip in between so that was a huge distraction. I also deleted all my resale apps and notifications so I can not get tempted by buying more points.

Just searched the deed site hoping that I would be lucky. Instead of a dvc deed I found a very recent marriage license for a guy with my same name. My wife is not going to be happy lol:love1:
When I check the deed site there is someone with my name that had 2 collection companies file against her. I hate seeing my name even associated with that kind of thing lol! Almost a month and still waiting for the seller to sign the contract......

For anyone that purchased a resale contract of a DVC Resort in Orlando then later purchased HHI, which one took longer to close? It seems it is taking the SC attorney longer than the local ones associated with the Orlando properties.

Home: SSR
Offer made and accepted: 9/28
Sent to ROFR: 10/3
Passed ROFR: 10/13
Closing docs received: 11/1
Closing docs sent back: 11/2
Closing: 11/9
Deed recorded: 11/9
Points in my account: 11/17

Offer made and accepted: 9/26
Points in my account:11/20

We should all contribute to authoring a book entitled "How To Make A Few Months Feel Like An Eternity"

Offer made and accepted: 9/26
Points in my account:11/20

We should all contribute to authoring a book entitled "How To Make A Few Months Feel Like An Eternity"

Tell me about it!

Home: Saratoga Springs
Offer made and accepted: 9/18
Sent to ROFR: 9/20
Passes ROFR: 10/6
Closing docs returned and $wired: 10/22
11/28 SELLER STILL HAS NOT SIGNED AND RETURNED DOCUMENTS. ON DEC. 19th HE WILL BE IN BREACH OF CONTRACT AND I WILL GET A FULL REFUND. BUT I WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW CONTRACT AND COMPLETELY START OVER!!!!!!
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:

Tell me about it!

11/28 SELLER STILL HAS NOT SIGNED AND RETURNED DOCUMENTS. ON DEC. 19th HE WILL BE IN BREACH OF CONTRACT AND I WILL GET A FULL REFUND. BUT I WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW CONTRACT AND COMPLETELY START OVER!!!!!!
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:
That is so stressful and frustrating!!! Sorry! These are situations that make me nervous!

At least for each step we get to graduate to a new waiting thread!

Home: AK
Offer made: 10/25
Offer countered & accepted: 10/25
Sent to ROFR: 10/27
Passed ROFR: 11/7
Closing docs received: 11/20
Closing docs sent back: 11/20
11/27 - First American Title confirmed receipt of all closing documents and we should close in "2-4 business days"
Stupid Thanksgiving delayed what has been a rather speedy process so far.
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Tell me about it!

Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:
We're having a similar issue!! our seller took over 3 weeks to sign the initial contracts before ROFR and now its almost been 3 weeks since closing docs were received we sent ours in immediately and we're waiting for our sellers soooo frustrating. We started the entire process on 9/6!

Tell me about it!

Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:
Ugggh I just threw up in my mouth a little... Here’s hoping he just is having trouble finding a notary around the holidays. You know most notaries take 2 month vacations starting around Halloween ...?

I know how stressful it was for me and mine seemed to be an average experience, I can only imagine how you must feel. Just keep thinking happy thoughts and when it all works out that Beast will turn right back into a Prince and you can put this whole messy business behind you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!