Offer accepted: 7/27
Sent to ROFR: 7/28
Passed ROFR: 8/14
Closing docs received: 9/15
Closing docs sent back: 9/16
Closing: 9/21
Deed recorded: ...
Points in my account: ...

Just received word that closing was finalized today! WAHOO!

Can anyone help me understand where I am? We made an offer 8/22, passed ROFR on 9/5, and just Monday I got more paperwork that stated it was closing documents but all seemed related to title work. I returned that with my check... Are we in closing? In Estoppel? Ha ha I am clueless!

Can anyone help me understand where I am? We made an offer 8/22, passed ROFR on 9/5, and just Monday I got more paperwork that stated it was closing documents but all seemed related to title work. I returned that with my check... Are we in closing? In Estoppel? Ha ha I am clueless!
You are in closing time. Estoppel is the time from ROFR until you receive your closing docs.

Home: VGF
Offer made: 7/27
Offer accepted: 7/28
Sent to ROFR: 7/31
Passed ROFR: 8/17
Closing docs received: 9/29
Closing docs sent back: 9/29
Closing: 9/15
Deed recorded: 9/15
Points in my account: 9/21

Not bad under 60 days!!!!

How do I check to see when my points are in my account. Granted I just received word closing was finalized today but would like to know where to go to see.

Thanks!

How do I check to see when my points are in my account. Granted I just received word closing was finalized today but would like to know where to go to see.

Thanks!

We are already DVC owners so we already have an Feb UY VGF account, so the points were just added to our existing contract.

If this is your first contract you will have to wait for the letter from DVC giving you the activation code and then call in.

Oh the joys of buying resale. My contract closed on 8/31. Up until this point everything was running fast and smooth. On Friday 9/15 the contract still hadn't shown up in my DVC account. Called Disney and was then told that I needed to call Fidelity/First American due to missing paperwork. So, guess what? After they had to investigate this, cone to find out, the day our contract closed ( 8:00 am on 8/31) the sellers then made a 7 night cruise reservation with points that were not included in our contract. That means Disney can not do the change of ownership until this cruise is completed! The cruise is for Oct 28- Nov 3. Pretty frustrating that the sellers did this after we closed to and now I have to wait longer! Fidelity or First American had no idea about this because it happened after we closed. Just a reminder that with buying resale, it's not over until after the very last step and those sellers still control that contract until the change of ownership happens.

I think you should put this situation out on a new thread. I saw a few other members here say they were lawyers. I wonder if there is any advice they can give. They may not check the Closing Time thread, but may see a new one.

Good luck! This is a horrible situation. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

Sooo sorry to hear about this horrible experience! I agree with 1momof3boys3 and maybe someone can give you advice on how to legally handle this (hopefully there is something you can do legally as this situation was so underhanded and sneaky!)

Home: VGF
Offer accepted: 7/28
Sent to ROFR: 7/31
Passed ROFR: 8/17
Closing docs received: 9/29
Closing docs sent back: 9/29
Closing: 9/15
Deed recorded: 9/15
Points in my account: 9/21

Not bad under 60 days!!!!
Did you mean closing documents received/sent back 8/29 as 9/29 hasn't happened yet? Very fast & only 6 days for DVC to load your points!

Thanks!
You can go to the Orange County Comptroller's site and search for your deed to confirm it has been recorded and that the contract is now legally yours now if you like.
If you are a new owner you will need to set up a new account with DVC. Mine is the same username as my MDE and WDW accounts & I used the same password. To set up the DVC account first you will need your member number, which will be mailed to you, or you can try calling after about 10 days and speaking to member administration. Next you need your activation code, if you got your member number via a phone call they'll usually transfer you so that you can get the activation code. If you waited for the letter to get your member number you will still need to call to get your activation code. Once you have the member number and activation code you set up the account, log in and you'll see your contract and the points for each use year in it. You'll also have the ability to use the RAT (resort availability tool) and of course you can make reservations on line too.

You can go to the Orange County Comptroller's site and search for your deed to confirm it has been recorded and that the contract is now legally yours now if you like.
If you are a new owner you will need to set up a new account with DVC. Mine is the same username as my MDE and WDW accounts & I used the same password. To set up the DVC account first you will need your member number, which will be mailed to you, or you can try calling after about 10 days and speaking to member administration. Next you need your activation code, if you got your member number via a phone call they'll usually transfer you so that you can get the activation code. If you waited for the letter to get your member number you will still need to call to get your activation code. Once you have the member number and activation code you set up the account, log in and you'll see your contract and the points for each use year in it. You'll also have the ability to use the RAT (resort availability tool) and of course you can make reservations on line too.

Great information! Thanks!

Home: AKV
Offer accepted: 7/27
Sent to ROFR: 7/28
Passed ROFR: 8/14
Closing docs received: 9/15
Closing docs sent back: 9/16
Closing: 9/21
Deed recorded: 9/21
Points in my account: ...

Looking at the OC site, there is now a deed with myself listed as the grantee and the previous owner listed as the grantee. I thought the grantor would be shown as Disney Vacation Development or is this right?

Hello there. So I've been monitoring the boards for a while but typically don't feel like I have any great advice or ideas. In turn, I just sort of never post. However, I've run into a weird situation and need some advice! We're attempting to close on a Vero resale and have encountered.. issues.

Things went really well until getting the closing documents from the sellers. Currently, the timeline looks like this:

7/5 Confirmed points on contract and made offer.
7/6 Offer accepted
7/10 Sent to ROFR
7/30 Passed ROFR
8/10 Closing documents received + first notification that sellers are from the UK
8/11 Asked Title Company for clarification since sellers are from the UK
8/14 Closing documents and payments sent
8/21 Checked on account; informed sellers would go to lawyer and not embassy to sign their documents
9/2 Emailed for update
9/5 Informed closing documents should be arriving that week
9/13 Emailed for update as aware that Irma may cause delay and our original estimated closing date was 9/10; no response
9/20 Emailed to ask if closing documents from seller had actually been sent; informed by title company that the seller had become non-responsive and deed may not have been sign or sent yet.

I've asked both my broker and the title company for updates/advice and have heard crickets. I understand that buying a contact from an international seller can take more time. However, I just can't seem to get an update from anyone about what is being done or can be done or should be done. I feel relatively in the dark and am wondering how I need to approach this situation. Any advice at all would be great. From offer date to today, I'm sitting at 79 days on the process. I'm fortunate that I'm patient and that I would just need to points in my account though by January 2018 to bank them.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

We are/were supposed to close by today. Have not heard anything or seen anything on the orange county site.

Hello there. So I've been monitoring the boards for a while but typically don't feel like I have any great advice or ideas. In turn, I just sort of never post. However, I've run into a weird situation and need some advice! We're attempting to close on a Vero resale and have encountered.. issues.

Things went really well until getting the closing documents from the sellers. Currently, the timeline looks like this:

7/5 Confirmed points on contract and made offer.
7/6 Offer accepted
7/10 Sent to ROFR
7/30 Passed ROFR
8/10 Closing documents received + first notification that sellers are from the UK
8/11 Asked Title Company for clarification since sellers are from the UK
8/14 Closing documents and payments sent
8/21 Checked on account; informed sellers would go to lawyer and not embassy to sign their documents
9/2 Emailed for update
9/5 Informed closing documents should be arriving that week
9/13 Emailed for update as aware that Irma may cause delay and our original estimated closing date was 9/10; no response
9/20 Emailed to ask if closing documents from seller had actually been sent; informed by title company that the seller had become non-responsive and deed may not have been sign or sent yet.

I've asked both my broker and the title company for updates/advice and have heard crickets. I understand that buying a contact from an international seller can take more time. However, I just can't seem to get an update from anyone about what is being done or can be done or should be done. I feel relatively in the dark and am wondering how I need to approach this situation. Any advice at all would be great. From offer date to today, I'm sitting at 79 days on the process. I'm fortunate that I'm patient and that I would just need to points in my account though by January 2018 to bank them.

How frustrating! Who are you working with? My broker was only responsive via phone calls, so I'd try that if you haven't yet!

We are/were supposed to close by today. Have not heard anything or seen anything on the orange county site.

I know how that goes! I closed 2 weeks AFTER my closing date. Have you received an update on the delay? Do you know if the seller's closing docs have been received yet?

Since you were supposed to close by the 10th, only advice I can offer is if its taking too long and you think youre not getting a response notify the broker and the title company that if it doesn't close by X date you are exercising your option to cancel the contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter