Offer accepted: 7/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/27
Passed ROFR: 8/17
Closing docs received: 9/7
Closing docs sent back: 9/14
Closing: ...
Deed recorded: ...
Points in my account: ...

Does your agent usually tell you when the seller has returned their docs or do they just tell you when you have closed?

Have to admit that I am not a patient person and that buying resale is driving me crazy!

Home: Animal Kingdom
Offer made: 8/02
Offer accepted: 8/07
Sent to ROFR: 8/08
Passed ROFR: 8/20
Closing docs received: still waiting!!!
Closing docs sent back: ...

Keep emailing *** Title for an update but get no response. Contract purchased had 160 points listed in holding account and want verification that they still exist.

Closing date listed on Offer is October 18th but will nullify contract if those holding points are gone.

Offer made: 7/20
Offer accepted: 7/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/27
Passed ROFR: 8/17
Closing docs received: 9/7
Closing docs sent back: 9/14

Does your agent usually tell you when the seller has returned their docs or do they just tell you when you have closed?

I think it depends on your closing company and representative. I had to email mine to ask if the closing docs were received.

Have to admit that I am not a patient person and that buying resale is driving me crazy!

Closing docs received: still waiting!!!
Closing docs sent back: ...

Keep emailing *** Title for an update but get no response. Contract purchased had 160 points listed in holding account and want verification that they still exist.

Closing date listed on Offer is October 18th but will nullify contract if those holding points are gone.

Well of course the day I post this previous message, we receive the closing documents from *** Title :)

Closing docs received: 9/18
Closing docs sent back: 9/19

Oh the joys of buying resale. My contract closed on 8/31. Up until this point everything was running fast and smooth. On Friday 9/15 the contract still hadn't shown up in my DVC account. Called Disney and was then told that I needed to call Fidelity/First American due to missing paperwork. So, guess what? After they had to investigate this, cone to find out, the day our contract closed ( 8:00 am on 8/31) the sellers then made a 7 night cruise reservation with points that were not included in our contract. That means Disney can not do the change of ownership until this cruise is completed! The cruise is for Oct 28- Nov 3. Pretty frustrating that the sellers did this after we closed to and now I have to wait longer! Fidelity or First American had no idea about this because it happened after we closed. Just a reminder that with buying resale, it's not over until after the very last step and those sellers still control that contract until the change of ownership happens.

Grand Floridian
Broker: Buy and Sell DVC
Closing: Duncan

Offer made & accepted 8/3
Sent to ROFR: 8/4
Amended: 8/9
Resent back with signed amendments: 8/10
Passed ROFR:8/18
Received closing docs: 9/18
Sent closing docs back: 9/20
Buyer Documents received: ???
Seller Documents received: ???
Closed: ???
Deed Recorded: ???

Waiting to for funds to transfer and then will send back. SOOOOO happy that the documents came. That wait seemed very long!

Oh the joys of buying resale. My contract closed on 8/31. Up until this point everything was running fast and smooth. On Friday 9/15 the contract still hadn't shown up in my DVC account. Called Disney and was then told that I needed to call Fidelity/First American due to missing paperwork. So, guess what? After they had to investigate this, cone to find out, the day our contract closed ( 8:00 am on 8/31) the sellers then made a 7 night cruise reservation with points that were not included in our contract. That means Disney can not do the change of ownership until this cruise is completed! The cruise is for Oct 28- Nov 3. Pretty frustrating that the sellers did this after we closed to and now I have to wait longer! Fidelity or First American had no idea about this because it happened after we closed. Just a reminder that with buying resale, it's not over until after the very last step and those sellers still control that contract until the change of ownership happens.

Oh no! How do you know when the change of ownership happens? I am not currently a DVC member, so how would I know if it all processed correctly/completely?

If the points were part of the contract with Disney but not part of your sales contract, shouldn't that have come up during Estoppel? I am so sorry this is happening!!!

Oh no! How do you know when the change of ownership happens? I am not currently a DVC member, so how would I know if it all processed correctly/completely?

In about 10 days (or so?) you'll call to see if you can get your member number. You could wait for it to come in the mail, but at this point I'm going to peg you as a caller. Fair?

UPDATE!

Animal Kingdom: 100 points
Broker: Fidelity
Closing: First American

Offer made & accepted 6/30
Sent to ROFR: 7/11
Passed ROFR: 7/30
Received closing docs: 8/11
FA received buyer docs: 8/14
FA received seller docs: 9/18
Closed: 9/19
Deed Recorded: 9/19
Points in my account: .....

Whoo-hooo! :yay::dogdance:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter