Closing Time!!

Somehow it held up and we got it. It isn't our home resort which my wife is a LITTLE bummed out about, since it is our first trip in but the Saratoga Springs looks nice, so she will get over it.

Yay! Sounds like you should waitlist your home resort too!

Ugggh, using First American Title which really seems to be on snails pace right now. I was sent to ROFR 6/12 and passed 6/23. Emailed for closing docs at three weeks as I was told they would be in, was told to email last week.

Emailed Tuesday, docs were approved by broker on Monday, should have by today (7/26), still none. While Bonnie has been good emailing back, I will not use First American Title again. I'm probably still 6 weeks from points at the pace they work, which sucks. I have a January trip, I have a backup cash trip booked, but man would like to save the $3000+ on lodging.

My seller has been great, he sent all his stuff in before I did on the initial contract. I know he will send closing quick too, so they can't use that excuse.

Me too, we passed ROFR on 7/15 still waiting on Estopple and Closing documents from First American, but Bonnie has answered every question quickly.

Me too, we passed ROFR on 7/15 still waiting on Estopple and Closing documents from First American, but Bonnie has answered every question quickly.

I also passed on 7/15 and have been afraid to check with Bonnie.

Did she give you any information?

Almost done- got my membership # and activation and club codes. Points aren't loaded yet.

Sorry that so many of you are having trouble with First American- we used them too and didn't have any issues. (Of course at the time I thought I was having issues with them but it was all bc the seller took so longer to return docs than I was expecting).

Explain further please. I am not too up to date on wait list. Can we switch the reservation easily?

It's easy to add a waitlist request online. The super short summary: You just search for the rooms you want in the reservation tool, and it'll offer you to waitlist if they're not all available. As part of the waitlist request, there will be a section where it asks you if you have an existing reservation. This is where you'll put in the info about your SSR reservation so that it'll cancel that automatically if it comes through. You may want to call Member Services for your first waitlist just to be walked through the nuances. Good luck!!

She said that it could take 3 weeks for Estoppel and closing documents to be sent.

My three weeks ago the was 14th, I still don't have docs from them yet. My seller is trying to sell his three contracts and returns his documents right away, saw another one of his on the comptroller website sign and notarized within a day of receiving docs. I've emailed with no response other than should have had yesterday.

Got my cashiers check ready to go too.

Updated...

Boardwalk 200 points

Offer made and accepted 6/3
Sent in to ROFR 6/5
Passed ROFR 6/16
Closing docs received by me 7/5 sent out 7/7
Sellers docs received 7/7
Processed by Title company 7/13
Deed filed 7/18
Member Number 7/27
Points transferred????

I am already a member and yesterday afternoon, my new membership showed up! I didn't have to call or anything! I am hoping that they points are loaded today but if not I will call MA to see what the timeline on that will be. I am at the end of the tunnel here! Woohoo!!!

I don't know how much longer I can wait! We have been waiting now 4 weeks and 1 day for the sellers to submit their closing documents!!! Up until this point, it has been smooth sailing.

5/17 - Offer Made and Accepted
5/30 - Passed ROFR
6/16 - Closing Docs Received
6/17 - Closing Docs Signed and Sent Back with $$$$
6/19 - Docs Received by Title Company
.....waiting, waiting, waiting, getting impatient!!!!!!!!!

Just for fun, yesterday I checked the comptroller site...and it says that the deed was recorded on 7/18!! Does that just mean that the title company forgot to notify me that we closed? Am I really THIS.CLOSE now?!?!

Just for fun, yesterday I checked the comptroller site...and it says that the deed was recorded on 7/18!! Does that just mean that the title company forgot to notify me that we closed? Am I really THIS.CLOSE now?!?!
Oh wow! I do think you weren't notified!!

Updated...

Boardwalk 200 points

Offer made and accepted 6/3
Sent in to ROFR 6/5
Passed ROFR 6/16
Closing docs received by me 7/5 sent out 7/7
Sellers docs received 7/7
Processed by Title company 7/13
Deed filed 7/18
Member Number 7/27
Points transferred????

I am already a member and yesterday afternoon, my new membership showed up! I didn't have to call or anything! I am hoping that they points are loaded today but if not I will call MA to see what the timeline on that will be. I am at the end of the tunnel here! Woohoo!!!
Got my number yesterday too! Waiting for points to load too- update if you call MA today!

Finally

Offer made and accepted: 5/19
Documents rec'd and returned: 5/20
Sent to ROFR: 5/24
Passed ROFR: 6/2
Closing docs rec'd: 6/20
Both docs confirmed arrived by FA: 7/6
Closed: 7/14
Deed Recorded: 7/14
New membership # appears in my existing profile: 7/24
Points loaded: 7/27

This makes me hopeful I'll get my points loaded soon, I saw my new membership number pop up in my account on 7/22, and still no points are loaded as of this morning. I just called and was told I need to give it at least 7 business days for them to load points.

Updated - points loaded on 7/28 about 2 hours after I called.

Last edited:
Okay, I broke down and called. I spoke with a very nice women who spent some time looking around my account. She said that once the numbers are showing up on the accounts that it seems to be taking 4-5 business days for the points to be loaded. She said that they were a little swamped. She confirmed my account, pulled the original contract to see how many would be on but that was really all that she could do. So, I guess it is back to waiting to plan my vacation....hopefully, this helps.

Here is mine...will keep this updated as I go...
Aulani 200 points
The Timeshare Store
First American Title

Offer made and accepted: 7/27
Documents rec'd and returned: 7/28
Sent to ROFR: 7/28
Passed ROFR:
Estoppel rec'd:
Closing docs rec'd:
Both docs confirmed arrived by FA:
Closed:
Deed Recorded:
Documents rec'd by Disney:
New membership # appears in my profile:
Points loaded:

Explain further please. I am not too up to date on wait list. Can we switch the reservation easily?
The wait list actually does that for you if it comes through. You can also take up the 'stalking the RAT' hobby :) by checking the resort availability tool on the member website and if your dates pop open (sometimes the waitlist doesn't grab what people want) and call or whatever to change your reservation. I find the folks in the member services forum https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-member-services.89/ to be super helpful & experts in all things DVC membership related like how to cancel/rebook, reallocate points, etc.
Why yes, yes it does mean someone forgot to send you an email :) And you are now the legal owner of those points and if you recorded 7/18 then you could see those points loaded and be able to use them perhaps as early as 7/28 but most likely a few days thereafter. If you are a new member and need access to the points to meet a 7 or 11 month deadline it might be worth it to call DVC in the next couple of days to get your member number and activation code to set up your DVC online account access.

My three weeks ago the was 14th, I still don't have docs from them yet. My seller is trying to sell his three contracts and returns his documents right away, saw another one of his on the comptroller website sign and notarized within a day of receiving docs. I've emailed with no response other than should have had yesterday.

Got my cashiers check ready to go too.

Finally got closing docs today, 5 weeks after ROFR, emailing broker daily for a few days, and calling title company yesterday. Title company told me they emailed they emailed them Tuesday, broker said they were CC'd Wednesday. Today got emails from four different people with closing docs, they really wanted to make sure I got them.

Good news is my seller sent them back already and will be there before mine.

She said that it could take 3 weeks for Estoppel and closing documents to be sent.

So I sent First American Title an email yesterday to check on the paperwork and today I received the closing docs and instructions around 3:30. Hope you here something too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter