Closing Time!!

Did you specify the Title company or did Fidelity suggest/choose?

I used the title company Fidelity suggested, although I have no idea why they suggested Timeshare Title for me, as it sounds like most other Fidelity customers seem to have used First American Title.

After only 24 hours, though, I have been really happy with Timeshare Title. They have a web based tool that's updated to reflect your current status, and emails have been responded to within minutes.

Just noticed I can sign in with my existing Disney (MDE) credentials and then get to the "are you a member?" Page. Cool. So will my wife and I each be able to sign on with our own credentials and use the same member number and activation code?
Answering my own question for information purposes. I called today and was given my member number and Club number. I was then transferred to get my activation code. The second operator noticed my Wife's name on the membership and asked if I wanted her number/code as well. BTW our club numbers are xxx.1 and xxx.2. Anyway, both of us were able to sign on to the DVC site with our existing MDE credentials and then use our club numbers and activation codes to activate access to our membership and contract. Our MDE apps, under memberships and passes show our DVC affiliation and our respective club numbers.

Answering my own question for information purposes. I called today and was given my member number and Club number. I was then transferred to get my activation code. The second operator noticed my Wife's name on the membership and asked if I wanted her number/code as well. BTW our club numbers are xxx.1 and xxx.2. Anyway, both of us were able to sign on to the DVC site with our existing MDE credentials and then use our club numbers and activation codes to activate access to our membership and contract. Our MDE apps, under memberships and passes show our DVC affiliation and our respective club numbers.
Thank you for sharing this! I am hoping that mine with show up but feel prepared now if it doesn't. Glad you are closed and onto planning vacations.

Ugggh, using First American Title which really seems to be on snails pace right now. I was sent to ROFR 6/12 and passed 6/23. Emailed for closing docs at three weeks as I was told they would be in, was told to email last week.

Emailed Tuesday, docs were approved by broker on Monday, should have by today (7/26), still none. While Bonnie has been good emailing back, I will not use First American Title again. I'm probably still 6 weeks from points at the pace they work, which sucks. I have a January trip, I have a backup cash trip booked, but man would like to save the $3000+ on lodging.

My seller has been great, he sent all his stuff in before I did on the initial contract. I know he will send closing quick too, so they can't use that excuse.

Awesome! Congrats! We used the same companies and we were 29 days from offer to close. The deed was on the comptroller website the day after close. We are just waiting for our member number. I am so impatient now though. ;-)
Same here! Magic vacation title has been awesome and quick. Deed recorded one day after closing. Closing was day after I FedExd my check. There is no way it could go any faster. Now just waiting for member number :)

I used the title company Fidelity suggested, although I have no idea why they suggested Timeshare Title for me, as it sounds like most other Fidelity customers seem to have used First American Title.

After only 24 hours, though, I have been really happy with Timeshare Title. They have a web based tool that's updated to reflect your current status, and emails have been responded to within minutes.
I complained to Bonnie about how slow First American was and that a lot of people are complaining about them on Disboards. She said they are trying not to use them now. Of course this was after we had to use them. Our contract passed estoppel on July 1, we didn't get the contracts to sign until July 14th. The seller and we returned the documents in a couple of days. The contract closed and posted on July 24.

There were banked 2015 points that could have been used by the end of July 2017 and we were willing to use them (rooms are available) but the title company was so slow we can't now. Now I'm hoping to book on Aug 3 for our 7 month window for March 3. Fortunately ROFR only took two weeks and the seller has been as fast as us to get it done, so there has been no extra waiting for the seller. Almost there! Saved $18,000 over direct purchase on a fully loaded contract. The savings was worth the wait.

I complained to Bonnie about how slow First American was and that a lot of people are complaining about them on Disboards. She said they are trying not to use them now. Of course this was after we had to use them. Our contract passed estoppel on July 1, we didn't get the contracts to sign until July 14th. The seller and we returned the documents in a couple of days. The contract closed and posted on July 24.

There were banked 2015 points that could have been used by the end of July 2017 and we were willing to use them (rooms are available) but the title company was so slow we can't now. Now I'm hoping to book on Aug 3 for our 7 month window for March 3. Fortunately ROFR only took two weeks and the seller has been as fast as us to get it done, so there has been no extra waiting for the seller. Almost there! Saved $18,000 over direct purchase on a fully loaded contract. The savings was worth the wait.

When did you pass ROFR? We passed on July 15th and were told First American was the title company. Not sure how much they are not using them lol

It took 34 days from passing ROFR before we received the closing documents from First American. I had to get our broker to e-mail them and ask about the delay.

Ugh I am dying now and it has only been 12 days. We used First American in the past for a transfer, Disney recommended them. It took a while too but we didn't think much about it at the time. I thought about emailing the person at First American who did the transfer to get more information...

I'm glad you told Bonnie! We are working with her too, but also already submitted with First American. (Still waiting on ROFR here.)

Ugh I am dying now and it has only been 12 days. We used First American in the past for a transfer, Disney recommended them. It took a while too but we didn't think much about it at the time. I thought about emailing the person at First American who did the transfer to get more information...
I had Cammy's (First American) contact information from a previous contract from a different broker company that didn't pass ROFR. I didn't get it from Fidelity. I couldn't get any information from Bonnie on how it was going so I emailed Cammy directly. Guess what? That day Cammy emailed me the contracts to sign and apologized for the delay. If I didn't do that, I'm sure I would have waited several more days.

I started communicating directly with Cammy and skipping Fidelity and got better responses. Fidelity sent an email that we had closed two days after the title company told me. Ridiculous! I just don't think Fidelity cares after they have made the sale. They spend their time selling and making deals not pushing the title company on deals already done. Of course we still paid the extra $195 admin fee to use Fidelity, but Fidelity has the best prices so what are you going to do?

I had Cammy's (First American) contact information from a previous contract from a different broker company that didn't pass ROFR. I didn't get it from Fidelity. I couldn't get any information from Bonnie on how it was going so I emailed Cammy directly. Guess what? That day Cammy emailed me the contracts to sign and apologized for the delay. If I didn't do that, I'm sure I would have waited several more days.

I started communicating directly with Cammy and skipping Fidelity and got better responses. Fidelity sent an email that we had closed two days after the title company told me. Ridiculous! I just don't think Fidelity cares after they have made the sale. They spend their time selling and making deals not pushing the title company on deals already done. Of course we still paid the extra $195 admin fee to use Fidelity, but Fidelity has the best prices so what are you going to do?

I just emailed the person who did our transfer, just hope she is still there.

Thanks so much for the info:earsboy:

Anyone else waiting on points to be entered into your account, expect it to be a while. Been waiting since Monday AM and nothing. Spoke to Admin and they said that there are people out sick, so the logs are all backed up and no approximate date can be given for the deposit. All this while there is a 3 day res available for next month when we are trying to go but we can't book b/c they can't get their stuff together.

And we're done!

Offer made and accepted: 5/16
Documents rec'd and returned: 5/17
Sent to ROFR: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 5/26
Estoppel rec'd: 6/7
Closing docs rec'd: 6/28
Both docs confirmed arrived by FA: 7/6
Closed: 7/12
Deed Recorded: 7/13
Documents rec'd by Disney: 7/14
New membership # appears in my existing profile: 7/21
Points loaded: 7/26

71 days total

Finally

Offer made and accepted: 5/19
Documents rec'd and returned: 5/20
Sent to ROFR: 5/24
Passed ROFR: 6/2
Closing docs rec'd: 6/20
Both docs confirmed arrived by FA: 7/6
Closed: 7/14
Deed Recorded: 7/14
New membership # appears in my existing profile: 7/24
Points loaded: 7/27

Congrats! Was the 3 day res still available?? Hope you were able to book!

Somehow it held up and we got it. It isn't our home resort which my wife is a LITTLE bummed out about, since it is our first trip in but the Saratoga Springs looks nice, so she will get over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter