Closing Document Question

Lindsay's4littles

DVC Mom to 5 Mouseketeers
We are six days past passing ROFR and awaiting our closing documents. To those who have completed a resale purchase what are the closing documents like? Is there a lot of papers to sign and return? Also is the check with the total payment due back with the signed closing documents?

Our contract stated we should be closed on or before October 30 and I'm wondering how likely that will happen?

We passed ROFR August 21st. Got closing Doc Sept 7th and I sent them back the 8th. We are supposed to close the Sept 22nd. Not sure how likely that is with the hurricane the title company is closed for a few days and our papers and check are currently sitting at a fedex depot in FL.

As far as the paperwork there are like 20ish pages I think we had to sign like 4 of them and yes the check needs to go back with the papers at least in our case it had too.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like things are moving quickly for you! Too bad the hurricane had to slow that down! I saw on FB that some title offices are closed. We are using magic vacation title. Not sure if they are closed but I'm sure they are being in the Orlando area! I just want my points by November!!

We are six days past passing ROFR and awaiting our closing documents. To those who have completed a resale purchase what are the closing documents like? Is there a lot of papers to sign and return? Also is the check with the total payment due back with the signed closing documents?

Our contract stated we should be closed on or before October 30 and I'm wondering how likely that will happen?

October 30 still gives you a lot of time. For us the biggest factor for closing was getting the seller to return the documents. We were scheduled to close on 8/29 but didn't close until 8/31 (after much pestering the week before.) I'm a current member, so just waiting for the points to be added to my account now.

Received my closing documents today, Friday evening, LOL. There are about 30 pages. Do I need to return all the pages, even the ones without signatures? I saw that a few pages have to be notarised, so it does not look like I will be able to mail the papers until Monday.

We passed ROFR August 21st. Got closing Doc Sept 7th and I sent them back the 8th. We are supposed to close the Sept 22nd. Not sure how likely that is with the hurricane the title company is closed for a few days and our papers and check are currently sitting at a fedex depot in FL.

As far as the paperwork there are like 20ish pages I think we had to sign like 4 of them and yes the check needs to go back with the papers at least in our case it had too.
My company said check or wire transfer. Do you think one would be better over the other? I have never wire transferred before, but sounds more secure than sending a check.

As a buyer, I had to sign 3 pages and provide the funds. The rest were papers for me to keep. Don't forget to make copies of all documents being sent off for your records!!!

My company said check or wire transfer. Do you think one would be better over the other? I have never wire transferred before, but sounds more secure than sending a check.

Banks usually charge for a wire transfer and most charge for a cashiers check. In my case the bank didn’t charge me for the check. Seeing as ours was being sent fedex next day I wasnt too worried about it. If something happened the bank can cancel the check and issue a new one.

Wire transfer certainly gets it there faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter