Clear White or Multi-Colored

White Lights or Multicolored Lights on the tree?

• White

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Multicolored

Votes: 62 66.7%

• Total voters
Multicoloured. Although I'd change to white in a heartbeat if I could find a 7 foot prelit tree for a reasonable price!

Multi-colored-for me it gives a better ambience inside my house. My whole tree and all the decorations would take on a different vibe if I had white lights.

White lights are too boring.
Everything must be multicolored.
Tree, fan, spindles, kitchen, the bathroom (yes we put xmas lights in the bathroom lol), outside...

I couldn't vote in the poll because there was no 'both' option.

I put both on my tree. White near the trunk, multicolor on the outside. ABSOLUTELY no blinking or twinkling.

Clear on our main tree and multi coloured on the small more whimsical one in the in the family room.
I think the style of tree matters as well. Before the kids outnumbered me I was very Martha Stewart about my tree. Back then it was old fashioned white lights only, no twinkling, every ornament placed with precision. Now, as you say, it’s much more whimsical and the twinkly colored lights fit in with that.

White and puhleese non blinking....my brain canna take that much jangling for hours on end.
Oh and I grew up with multi-coloured lights which might explain my adult life appreciation of serenity in lighting, LOL.

Multicolored. No flashing, blinking, strobing, pulsing, etc. Just solid multicolored lights.

I voted multi (not flashing) because if I had to stick with one choice, that would be it. That was my childhood tree.

But we actually tend to do different things every year here. We have colored, white, and a red/green/white sets. Sometimes we only put up one tree, sometimes we do a real one in the living room and an artificial one in the "dining room" window, sometimes we do a big one downstairs and a mini one upstairs... It all depends on the amount of time, space, and energy I have to devote to decorating each year.

One thing I love is that I started a small photo album after our first Christmas in our first apartment (it's the kind where you just slip one picture in each page) and put a picture of our main tree in it every year. It's so much fun to watch it evolve over time! That first one (right after we graduated from college) was mostly just popcorn strings and candy canes! There were elegant years, babyproof years, kid-made ornament years, and more and more vacation memory ornaments as the years have gone by. It tells quite a story!

I voted multi (not flashing) because if I had to stick with one choice, that would be it. That was my childhood tree.

But we actually tend to do different things every year here. We have colored, white, and a red/green/white sets. Sometimes we only put up one tree, sometimes we do a real one in the living room and an artificial one in the "dining room" window, sometimes we do a big one downstairs and a mini one upstairs... It all depends on the amount of time, space, and energy I have to devote to decorating each year.

One thing I love is that I started a small photo album after our first Christmas in our first apartment (it's the kind where you just slip one picture in each page) and put a picture of our main tree in it every year. It's so much fun to watch it evolve over time! That first one (right after we graduated from college) was mostly just popcorn strings and candy canes! There were elegant years, babyproof years, kid-made ornament years, and more and more vacation memory ornaments as the years have gone by. It tells quite a story!
I usually change up my tree every couple of years. Even though the kids ornaments have taken over I usually have a base theme. Used to be really inexpensive to do when Christmas stuff was clearanced the day after Christmas. I’d go to the high end department stores and buy hundreds worth of decor for pennies. Now they clearance Christmas right after Thanksgiving it seems. But yeah, I love looking through photos of past trees and seeing how they’ve changed and evolved over the years. Just wish I was a better photographer back in the day. :rotfl:

Our tree has the lights on it and they are clear. I like it....makes all my Disney ornaments show well.

I voted for multi-colored because I think white is boring, but my personal preference would be something more like strings of solid colors and you maybe only use two to three different ones on the tree, instead of just the random placement of various colors. Then again, what do I know, I don't even put up a tree.

One thing I'm glad I bought years ago at Target was a button that the tree lights plugged into for turning the lights on and off. Our 9 ft tree is nestled into the curve of a staircase and turning the lights of and off was difficult without messing with the tree. Now we don't even have to bend over. We just press the button with our feet.

One thing I'm glad I bought years ago at Target was a button that the tree lights plugged into for turning the lights on and off. Our 9 ft tree is nestled into the curve of a staircase and turning the lights of and off was difficult without messing with the tree. Now we don't even have to bend over. We just press the button with our feet.
Up until last year we used the manual timers but I’ve moved up to WiFi Smart plugs. So nice. Set on/off times and/or scenes and forget it.

One thing I did get at an after Christmas sale about fifteen years ago was a tree stand with a lever. You screw the tree into the base, flip up the lever to rotate/straiten it up and then push the lever back down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter