Cindy's Castle Rehab

WDWHound

DIS Veteran
I see from Scoop's page that Cindy's castle is undergoing a rehab. Anybody know how long this is supposed to last?

I hear they are installing a giant Fairy Godmother statue waving a wand over the castle where they will mount a giant "Magic Kingdom" sign on top of. Should be quite beautiful;-) I also understand that the ride up inside the statue will be very magical.

JeffH, I must correct your rumor. Yes, the large statue will appear, but it will house the new magic kingdom PIN TRADING STATION and INTERACTIVE KIOSKS that will allow guests to learn the stories behind the magic.:rolleyes:

I think you're information about the Fairy Godmother is inaccurate. It's supposed to be Sorceror Mickey's Robe. They're going to sell replicas of these robes so people have more room to display their pins.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but, yes, Mickey's Sorcerer's Robe is involved, but the FG statue will be wearing it (being a magic fairy and all). And the ride (above the kiosks), will focus in on the 'magic' of pin trading, their history and how wearing them can get you laid. In an unusual twist, you have the option of exiting the ride vehicles half way up, exiting at the armpit of the FG. The extended wand arm will have windows to look out over the Magic Kingdom and a pin cart is located at the FG armpit.
A pin trade is required to get onto the ride (a second pin trade is required to get out at the armpit.
----
With the addition of this magnificent new attraction, the Haunted Mansion will close, opening only on busy days (unannounced) and only for a short period of time.
---

Ok, assuming everyone saw the Travel Channel's show on Imagineers & saw that lit model of the castle over Eric Haseltine's left shoulder...
Do you think changing the castle to that would be a good or a bad thing?

My first reaction was to assume this is a joke, but then I'm reminded of when they transformed the castle into a huge birthday cake.

Gotta keep those imagineers off the LSD...

Like the castle, if you watch closely, the face of the FG will magically transform between the FG, ME and PP

Sadly, unlike Figment, PP and ME are not part of our imagination. Besides, if they were going to be included in an attraction. I think they would be more appropriately placed in the long rumored Villian Mountain.

Not to break up what has become a very fun thread, but I really would like to know how long this rehab is going to last. We will be in Disney World 3 weeks from tomorrow, and I would like to know if I need to prepare myself to see the castle surrounded by cranes and fences. Has anybody heard anything about this rehab? Aside from Scoop's site, I haven't seen anything about this on the web.

WDWHound,

I thought I read somewhere that it was scheduled to be completed by mid October.

I'll check the sites I frequent and see if I can confirm this "Rumor!"

Found it!

At: realdisney.com

"From August 18 through September 14, Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom will undergo rehab, including a fresh paint job. In order to accomplish this, a very large crane will be positioned next to the castle for the duration. While this is unfortunate for first-time travellers, it is a necessity to keeping the castle looking as amazing as it always does.

The crane is there, it was last week anyway. Right now it is behind the castle, so it does not show from the front. It looked like the rehab was to shops right next to the castle? From the rear (Fantasyland) the crane was on the left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter