Cinderella's Royal Table - Use 2 Credits or Pay Cash?

Jruffus1

Earning My Ears
I am bringing my 2 kids (2 and 5) to Disney for the first time during Presidents week. We are staying for 6 nights at Port Orleans and will have the better Dining Plan. At this point, I basically reserved a character dinner for each day. I was finally able to also get a lunch reservation for CRT, but am unsure if it makes sense for me to actually use 2 credits for it. I feel like using those credits for two other character dinners or popular sit down staples would make more sense value wise. Although.... I would still be forking over close to $300 cash at the end of the day for CRT. I also believe that tax is included in the dining plan and that I would also have an alcoholic beverage option (which I would have to pay more for when paying cash).

Would you use 2 of 6 overall credits for CRT or pay cash for it? I would also have 6 Quick Service meals and 6 snacks for the week.

I'd pay cash and use the credits elsewhere, if you can figure which restaurants you want to replace CRT. You could schedule 2 extra character meals or even schedule the same meal on different days or on the same day for different meals.

One credit for dinner is worth about $60 for an adult meal. So using 2 credits for CRT is basically spending $120 for an $84 meal. I agree with the above post. Pay cash and find a better value for your credits.

In my situation I would, if I paid for the DDP but that's because on a 4 day trip, buts because we don't plan on having a TS on every day, so booking a 2 credit meal or two would be a good way to make sure I'm not leaving credits behind. However, I don't like being tied to it, not all options are available on it, and I plan on going to tambu lounge etc and sharing noodles/dumplings/bread with my husband and the DDP just seems very rigid to me.

I did the math and considering tips and tax are included, if you include an alcoholic beverage, I think it's worth it.
I calculated 84$ + a 16$ cocktail = 100$, +tx+20% tips = 126$ = 63$ per credit
And for kids, it's a no brainer considering it's a 49$ + tx/tips = 62$ = 31$ per credit which is more than the cost for a day!
Could you maximize it somewhere else like chef Mickey's? of course
But will it cost you more to pay the dining plan vs using your credits? no :)
Just my 2 cents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter