Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

I'm back from my trip now as well - and again, it was SO great to see you and Steve not once, but twice! It was a perfect start to my trip. :goodvibes

Your plans for your upcoming trips look amazing and I'd forgotten that you'll be doing the race again. Yikes, that wake up time sounds atrocious but at least you can go back and get some rest afterwards. Yay for being able to celebrate your anniversary at Disney! :goodvibes I did eat at Satuli for breakfast and I was really happy with it, so hopefully you'll get a chance to try it, too! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to check out your latest TR. Heading over there now.

So jealous you have not 1, but 2 trips coming up!!!! But at least i'll be there for one of them :-) We've made zip, zero, zilch plans so far but at least we finally got our tickets this week so progress, right? :confused3 With FP day around the corner I better get on the ball. Will be sure to let you know what our plans are so we can figure out the best time to meet.

Yay progress! And no ADRs yet? Oh right you don't make no stinkin' ADRs!
Can't wait to meet up!

Our dinner at Ohana is @9:20. I just grabbed it a couple of days ago. We wil most likely be at MK until 8:30 or so I'd assume.

Ah ok. I ended up cancelling our dinner at Citricos. I just didn't want to take up so much of the day at Table Service since we're already doing the wine tasting. So we'll head over to MK around 4:30 and we will see you guys there!!!

I think the 3rd is going to be kinda busy, we are doing EMH at HS then going to Epcot for the early afternoon, maybe back to POR for an afternoon swim and perhaps trying to squeeze in AK before it closes.

ooh ok! sounds good! Pandora is pretty cool at night, especially the ground!

We actually arrive on the 5th (late morning), and no plans for EPCOT...:sad:
Perhaps a meet up sometime in the morning???? We will be at MK on the 6th (all day)...8-)

Sure we can see what works! Where are you guys staying again?

I really would like to do a 10K or half there...just have to figure out how to make it happen..I wish they didn't sell out so early..

The 10k is the most popular race I think. Seems to sell out the quickest!

I'm back from my trip now as well - and again, it was SO great to see you and Steve not once, but twice! It was a perfect start to my trip. :goodvibes

Yay! IT was the perfect end to our trip :)

Your plans for your upcoming trips look amazing and I'd forgotten that you'll be doing the race again. Yikes, that wake up time sounds atrocious but at least you can go back and get some rest afterwards. Yay for being able to celebrate your anniversary at Disney! :goodvibes I did eat at Satuli for breakfast and I was really happy with it, so hopefully you'll get a chance to try it, too! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to check out your latest TR. Heading over there now.

I know, I don't know what possessed me to do the race again. Yawn. I have a lot of training to catch up to.
Good to know about Satuli! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Our dinner at Ohana is @9:20. I just grabbed it a couple of days ago. We wil most likely be at MK until 8:30 or so I'd assume.

I know, damn express bus! I'm still super bummed it went away.

I think the 3rd is going to be kinda busy, we are doing EMH at HS then going to Epcot for the early afternoon, maybe back to POR for an afternoon swim and perhaps trying to squeeze in AK before it closes.

Ok I think our best plan to meet up would be Sept 4 at MK. We will leave Epcot at 4:15pm or so after our wine tasting seminar and then take the monorail to Magic Kingdom (damn you express buss! Now I'm spoiled). I hope it gets us there by 5! We will have no FPs there I don't think. We also don't have a dinner but I was thinking of Tony's Town Square or just quick service at my favorite, columbia harbour house. But let's see if we can coordinate something!

PTR Update August 31: The tweaking continues...

Made some changes, obviously, because I can't just let anything be. Plus it was FP+ day for our Oct/Nov trip today!! I am much happier with those plans though and feel like they are finally coming together.

LABOR DAY WEEKEND at Universal Royal Pacific and Disney's Yacht Club - We leave tomorrow night!

Sept 1-3rd we will be at Universal Royal Pacific resort. We have 2 day park hoppers and we're going to the Orlando Informer event on Sept 2nd at night. I did almost zero preparation for this trip. So I'll let you know how my winging it goes, lol. We'll arrive at around 9pm tomorrow night and Uber it to the Royal Pacific. We'll probably have some time to grab a late night supper somewhere on Citywalk. Some options now are Cowfish and Toothsome, but looking at Toothsome's menu it looks really heavy and just like the Sweet Factory which we went to the other day in NYC. Some items do intrigue me though.

Evening of Sept 3rd: After our second day at Universal we will Uber it over to the Yacht Club and maybe get to spend some time at Epcot, although if we don't it is not a big deal as we've barely experienced Universal and we may want to spend more time there. I have the following FP for Epcot at night: LWTL, SE, and Soarin'. Not sure if we will get to do them all but we may be able to get Soarin' in as it's from 8:20-9pm.

Sept 4th - We have morning FP+ at DHS. Star Tours, Toy Story, and the Indiana Jones show. Hope to meet up with @dolewhipdreams and her DH while there! Then we'll hop over to Epcot to grab a bite at some of the kiosks before going for our 3:30pm wine tasting at Festival center. We will head over to MK after our wine tasting. I hope to meet up with @cinderkelly who is there for labor day as well. I cancelled our Citrico's dinner as I just wasn't in the mood to have a long sit down meal during our short time at MK. So we will eat at one of my favorites, Columbia Harbor House, and watch HEA! Although I 'm really hoping to get a walk up at Plaza Inn. I wonder how crowded it will be. So sad we'll have to park hop the regular way (it would have been the perfect day for express bus) but hey, we did it before, and we're gonna just have to live with it now! Also my friend @tankgirl427 will be there too and it's her last day so we're gonna find some time to meet up. She has no real plans either so hopefully she'll agree to tag along with us!

Sept 5th - We have morning FP+ at Epcot and will spend the rest of the day there until our flight leaves at around 9pm. We'll have all day to munch around the world! I assume ME will pick us up super early at like 5pm. And that's the end of our quickie Sept trip!

Hopefully sometime this weekend we'll also get to meet up with @dizneeat and maybe with @Dentam if she will be around too

Oct 21-28th MARVEL DAY AT SEA CRUISE of the Canada Coast on the DISNEY MAGIC

I haven't mentioned much about the cruise but that's because there was very little to do until recently. Our window opened up for Silver CC members about a month and a half ago and I was able to book some activities for our cruise. We have a generous onboard credit for both rooms due to booking onboard during our last cruise, so I'm going to use it mostly for spa treatments! I have a couples massage and a facial for me as well as something called exotic rasul for the both or us. Let's see what that's all about, LOL. I've also booked Palo brunches for our party and Palo dinner for me and Steve although I really enjoy being in the main dining rooms at dinner too.

I'm also figuring out Halloween and Marvel Day at Sea costumes. I have some ideas for Halloween, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be different than what I will wear for MNSSHP. I'm still up in arms though, LOL. For my Marvel costume, I have a cute little Loki inspired dress and Steve wants to be Spiderman. We'll see how that works out, haha.

I also am excited because I switched our rooms to our old room on the Magic, 6118, which is still aft portside. I loved that location and how convenient it was to the elevators and stairs. I'm going to decorate our stateroom door too! I have bought a laminating machine and I will work on the decor after we get back from our Labor Day trip. This also means we're not right next to Steve's parents and aunt who remain far back on the aft side, but I think that is probably a good thing :) I had to pay a small fee to upgrade from our solid white wall veranda to a clear verandah, but what else is new, LOL. I kept upgrading our room over the last year anyways.

In terms of Port Adventures. I booked everyone on a third party tour that takes us around Prince Edward Island with a stop at Green Gables Heritage place, my dream come true! I booked a private tour because for the same price as the tour offered by Disney, we'd be in a private vehicle instead of a bus which sounds more fun.

In Halifax, I've booked a Disney Port Adventure called "Lobster and Maple" - and essentially it is...doing a lobster bake and going to a maple syrup farm! This was probably the most interesting port adventure out of everything for us and of course if it involves food I am down. These were expensive though so I think this will be our only port adventure we go through DCL. For Sydney, Nova Scotia I do not have anything booked. I am not sure what to do here and none of the tours really caught my eye. I think we'll just walk around on our own, grab a bit to eat, and perhaps it'll be a good time to hang out on the ship a bit more. I really do love it when the ship is empty!

Oct 30-Nov 6th food and Wine/Anniversary Trip - Grand Floridian and WDW Swan - FP+ made!

Oct 30th - Our flight arrives early, around 9:20am and we will take ME to GF. Will probably head to Epcot first, hoping for a DISmeet with @franandaj and we will probably just eat at the F&W booths, but not too much as I managed to secure ourselves a 5:20pm ADR at...'Ohana! I realized how much I miss this place when we were there 2 weeks ago since we hadn't dined there since February. We’ll head back to the GF after dinner and hopefully we will get all our stuff in our room by then, rest up a bit and head out to MK to watch HEA and stay until EMH ends at 11pm. Why is the first day of every trip so packed?! Oh yeah, it's because I'm soooo excited to be back at Disney I want to do EVERYTHING!

Oct 31st – We have a PPO breakfast at 8:15am at BoG. I just realized they have Early Morning Magic on this day so it won't be as empty as I would like it to be. :( We’ll have the morning doing rides on standby at MK, then head over to Epcot in time for our 1:30pm Wine Tasting seminar. We will head to DHS after because I secured ourselves a 6:20pm dinner at Hollywood and Vine! It's Minnie's Seasonal Dine and I wanted some pictures with their fall/Halloween wear so this seemed a good day to do it! We'll stay and watch the SW fireworks probably and then head back to the GF after. FPs today at DHS for Indiana Jones, Toy Story and Star Tours, all before dinner.

Nov 1st – Today is our 9th anniversary! We will head to breakfast at the GF Cafe, and spend some time at the pool and I will book us some massages at Senses Spa at the GF. Tonight is MNSSHP! We'll head to MK a little early. I guess we will just wear our costumes. Due to the early closure I could only get FPs up until 7pm so here's what I got: Meet Ariel, Haunted Mansion, and 7DMT. Not sure we'll keep everything or just head to the party later. DISmeets tonight with @soniam and hopefully @Nhebron. Anyone else going to be there?

Nov 2nd – Today is our AK day. I have 10:10am FP+ for Flight of Passage! Then we have the Safari and Adventures Outpost. We'll then have to head over to ESPN Wide World of Sports to pick up our 5k Race Bibs and then back to the GF in time for our 5:45pm dinner at Citrico's. Thought it would be a nice relaxing pre-race meal. :)

Nov 3rd – Today is the FALL FEAST 5k! We'll be up at 4am get ready and head to the corrals. I’m not even sure where the corrals are this year but I think the race goes through AK which will be really cool. I have race outfits in mind...but it's a secret for now. :) After the race, I don’t have anything planned so we'll just sleep until about noon and then will head to MK and have some quick service. FPs today for BTMRR, 7DMT, and PP. Then we'll head back to the GF to get ready for dinner. That evening is our Food and Wine Festival dinner at Victoria and Alberts (with @soniam!) which I'm sooooo looking forward to!

Nov 4th – We have 9:30am breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, then we’ll have to check out of the GF and move over to the Swan. I think we’ll try and take a Minnie Van if it’s offered or else we’ll have Disney move our luggage and we will head over to AK. I got the following FP+: Safari, FoP, and Adventurers Outpost. I always seem to get the same FP+! I just feel like these are the ones worth the FPs. I have made an early dinner ADR at Tiffins. I love love Tiffin's as you all know but I think I may just want more time at Epcot F&W booths, so I may just cancel dinner. Hoping to meet up with @kastoney and @ariane37 at some point this weekend too!

Nov 5th – I have morning FP+ at DHS - TSM and Star Tours. I don't know if I have time for a 3rd FP+ as we have to hop to Epcot in time for our 12pm French Family Lunch at Monsieur Paul. Then it's back to the Swan for pool/rest before dinner at Yacht Club with Betsy (@tankgirl427) and friends at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Our dinner is a little early though and our lunch ends late, so we may not be hungry I realized, but I wanted to say hi to our favorite server, David, and to meet up with friends in any case. We'll probably just have an appetizer each plus some of their yummy rolls. Yum yum. Our evening ends with the Food and Wine Post-Race Party at Epcot until 1am! @ariane37 @kastoney - any thoughts on attending this? It's open to the public you just have to get tickets. Not sure if you're up for this or not. Here's the link: https://www.mydisneygroup.com/17dwdhmprp#Home

Nov 6th - Our last day and it will be spent at Epcot. Our FP for today: Mission Space, Character Spot, and FEA. We'll eat around the world before ubering it to MCO in time for our flight at 4:30pm.

and that's it for now!
Think we are fully packed for this weekend...let's hope for no rain!!

I can't believe you are GOING BACK ALREADY!!!! How perfect! I am still in Post-Disney Depression mode and here you are about to head back again lol!! I have still barely unpacked lol

I did almost zero preparation for this trip. So I'll let you know how my winging it goes, lol.

Good luck with that lol. It will be strange for you I'm sure :)) Where's my spreadsheet??? Oh wait lol don't have one!

After our second day at Universal we will Uber it over to the Yacht Club and maybe get to spend some time at Epcot,

I can't remember if you said already, but if you are going to Universal first, how are you getting there from MCO?? I was wondering about that if we ever get to do a trip to the dark side with Disney on the same trip...

So we will eat at one of my favorites, Columbia Harbor House,

My fave QS...so yummy.

Although I 'm really hoping to get a walk up at Plaza Inn

That would be nice...but...good luck :))) You never know though :))

I booked everyone on a third party tour that takes us around Prince Edward Island with a stop at Green Gables Heritage place, my dream come true!

That sounds perfect!! So glad you got everyone to do it. Hey I don't know if you'll have time, but if you do - Cows Creamery on PEI - there are a few locations...best ice cream.

We have a PPO breakfast at 8:15am at BoG. I just realized they have Early Morning Magic on this day so it won't be as empty as I would like it to be. :(

Oh that's too bad...but still good to have an early start :))

Your trips and cruise sound so fantastic...dreaming about it all...you must have accumulated a lot of vacation time!!

Wow!!! What an update! I'm so excited for all the fun things you have planned in the coming weeks/months!!!

Have a wonderful time this weekend!!!:goodvibes

Safe travels tomorrow!!!! Ill send you a text sometime on Monday to see what you're up to! :goodvibes

Have a great time at Universal. Everything I've been reading lately says it's hot, hot, hot down there right now, I wonder if it's much worse than when we were there in July. :confused: I'm gonna melt!!!

Looking forward to our first MNSSHP and V&A with you guys! I just bought some stuff for our possible costumes for the party. I just can't decide though:scratchin

I can't believe you are GOING BACK ALREADY!!!! How perfect! I am still in Post-Disney Depression mode and here you are about to head back again lol!! I have still barely unpacked lol

Aww PDD is the worst...you'll just have to plan another trip. That's going to be me next year without the APs and I'll be miserable so I'm just getting it out of my system now. LOL. Then when SW land comes, I'm gonna go crazy again. Haha. Just have next year to save for it all.

Good luck with that lol. It will be strange for you I'm sure :)) Where's my spreadsheet??? Oh wait lol don't have one!

I know...weird, right? I don't even know what rides they have in each park, I'm soooo behind on Universal!

I can't remember if you said already, but if you are going to Universal first, how are you getting there from MCO?? I was wondering about that if we ever get to do a trip to the dark side with Disney on the same trip...

We are Ubering it everywhere!
I used uber for the first time in Disney and it was really convenient, and cheaper than a cab. So we're going to go from MCO to Universal and Universal to Disney via Uber.

My fave QS...so yummy.

so so good!

That would be nice...but...good luck :))) You never know though :))

I hope so! Fingers crossed but it's ok because I have CHH as a backup, LOL.

That sounds perfect!! So glad you got everyone to do it. Hey I don't know if you'll have time, but if you do - Cows Creamery on PEI - there are a few locations...best ice cream.

OOOh thank you for the rec! I will be sure to ask about it. Since we have a private tour they can make a few itinerary changes for us. The only this is that the season for everything is kinda over when we're there. It stops like end of Sept to mid October. So we're missing out on all the lobster suppers and oyster farms which would have been perfect for us seafood lovers.

Oh that's too bad...but still good to have an early start :))

Yeah, but really I am looking forward to breakfast, LOL.

Your trips and cruise sound so fantastic...dreaming about it all...you must have accumulated a lot of vacation time!!

Thanks! It's a dream Disney year really...and I do have a lot of vacation. I get 5 weeks a year, and I had a few days left from last year which I used in Feb. So it worked out well!

Wow!!! What an update! I'm so excited for all the fun things you have planned in the coming weeks/months!!!

Have a wonderful time this weekend!!!:goodvibes

Thanks Tracy! Will be thinking of you as we ride the peoplemover Monday night!! Maybe I can convince @cinderkelly to ride with us too!

Safe travels tomorrow!!!! Ill send you a text sometime on Monday to see what you're up to! :goodvibes

Thanks and you too! I will text when we get to MK and hopefully you guys will be around. Or you can probably find me on the Peoplemover, LOL.

Have a great time at Universal. Everything I've been reading lately says it's hot, hot, hot down there right now, I wonder if it's much worse than when we were there in July. :confused: I'm gonna melt!!!

Oh yeah, if it's anything like our trip 2 weeks ago, it was brutal. I just hope it doesn't rain THAT much as we have such a short time there. It would suck if it did!

Looking forward to our first MNSSHP and V&A with you guys! I just bought some stuff for our possible costumes for the party. I just can't decide though:scratchin

Soooooo looking forward to that! It's our first one too! We can be clueless together. I'm not even sure what to do, Do we line up for characters? Do we do rides? During MVMCP we met the 7 dwarfs which was cool but we waited an hour for them. Sigh. I think I'll wait for one specific rare character and then the rest of the time its rides and more rides!

Soooooo looking forward to that! It's our first one too! We can be clueless together. I'm not even sure what to do, Do we line up for characters? Do we do rides? During MVMCP we met the 7 dwarfs which was cool but we waited an hour for them. Sigh. I think I'll wait for one specific rare character and then the rest of the time its rides and more rides!

This will actually be our first party. I know we want to do rides, the parade, shows, fireworks, and special desserts. Gotta get those pumpkin Mickey waffles and at least one of the Haunted Mansion desserts, and probably that orange dome thing, and maybe some pumpkin ice cream too:o We will do some trick or treating too, but I know we will have loads of candy at home from Halloween. I don't know if we are going to do any of the characters; the waits just sound so scary. I am thinking we will be soaking up atmosphere a lot and hopefully having a relaxing time, since that's our arrival day.

This will actually be our first party. I know we want to do rides, the parade, shows, fireworks, and special desserts. Gotta get those pumpkin Mickey waffles and at least one of the Haunted Mansion desserts, and probably that orange dome thing, and maybe some pumpkin ice cream too:o We will do some trick or treating too, but I know we will have loads of candy at home from Halloween. I don't know if we are going to do any of the characters; the waits just sound so scary. I am thinking we will be soaking up atmosphere a lot and hopefully having a relaxing time, since that's our arrival day.

I think we will focus on a lot of the treats too, at least make it to every treat location as we did during MVMCP. We may wait for one rare character and that's it. Are all those desserts you speak of, are they included or are those stuff you have to pay extra for?

Oct 30th - Our flight arrives early, around 9:20am and we will take ME to GF. I don’t have plans for today yet. Will probably head to Epcot first, hoping for a DISmeet with @franandaj and we will probably just eat at the F&W booths. We’ll head back to the GF in the afternoon/early evening

I had quoted this earlier in the day before I came back to comment and then I found this...

Oct 30th - Our flight arrives early, around 9:20am and we will take ME to GF. Will probably head to Epcot first, hoping for a DISmeet with @franandaj and we will probably just eat at the F&W booths, but not too much as I managed to secure ourselves a 5:20pm ADR at...'Ohana!

We have Mediterranean Lunch from 1-3PM. I did make some FP+ for AK, but without the Express Bus I don't see this happening. We'll have to play this by ear.

The rest of your plans sound pretty solid. How nice to have a spa day together!

Your cruise sounds great! I'd love to do a Canadian Cruise someday.

Have a good trip today!

LABOR DAY WEEKEND at Universal Royal Pacific and Disney's Yacht Club - We leave tomorrow night!

Yay! And I'm excited to hear how you like both hotels since we're staying at the same ones next week!

but looking at Toothsome's menu it looks really heavy and just like the Sweet Factory which we went to the other day in NYC. Some items do intrigue me though.

I definitely think Toothsome has better food than the Sugar Factory. It's a really cool restaurant!

I think we will focus on a lot of the treats too, at least make it to every treat location as we did during MVMCP. We may wait for one rare character and that's it. Are all those desserts you speak of, are they included or are those stuff you have to pay extra for?

They are pay unfortunately:( But they look amazing.

Your cruise sounds amazing! I grew up there so I am always excited when people go to visit. I hope the fall colours are beautiful for you!

PEI is lovely - I was obsessed with Anne when I was younger so it will always have a place in my heart. When you are in Halifax if you have time you should try a Donair - it is a bit like a shawarma, but with a sweet sauce and spicy beef. Halifax is famous for them! https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/li...e4257639/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Was Louisbourg an option for Sydney? If you are at all interested in historical sites it is worth a visit.

I'm caught back up here now, too! I had kind of forgotten about your October plans—how exciting!!

In Halifax, I've booked a Disney Port Adventure called "Lobster and Maple" - and essentially it is...doing a lobster bake and going to a maple syrup farm! This was probably the most interesting port adventure out of everything for us and of course if it involves food I am down. These were expensive though so I think this will be our only port adventure we go through DCL. For Sydney, Nova Scotia I do not have anything booked. I am not sure what to do here and none of the tours really caught my eye. I think we'll just walk around on our own, grab a bit to eat, and perhaps it'll be a good time to hang out on the ship a bit more. I really do love it when the ship is empty!

Yay Halifax! My home turf! There are also some great restaurants along the waterfront/boardwalk area or nearby in walking distance. We like Salty's (you can eat more casually downstairs, or eat upstairs in a bit more formal environment, and they take reservations for upstairs,) The Bicycle Thief (sometimes crowded and noisy depending on the day of the week,) Five Fishermen, The Keg, etc. The Seaport Market is also great on Saturdays, but if you're there any other day of the week I highly recommend skipping it since over half the vendors don't come. For Sydney, I don't have so many recommendations. Nathan's been many times for work, but I keep missing out on going. It's a really beautiful part of the province though—Cape Breton is beautiful. It's kind of a nice rustic/tourist/fishing area. The Alexander Graham Bell musuem is in nearby Baddeck, but it's about an hour away from Sydney, so probably not worth the detour on a one-day visit. The fall leaves should still be quite lovely when you're here—I suspect that's part of why they schedule it this time of year—that's one of the things we pride ourselves on is our fall foliage. LOL

We have Mediterranean Lunch from 1-3PM. I did make some FP+ for AK, but without the Express Bus I don't see this happening. We'll have to play this by ear.

The rest of your plans sound pretty solid. How nice to have a spa day together!

Your cruise sounds great! I'd love to do a Canadian Cruise someday.

Have a good trip today!

Ok! Hopefully, if all things go well with our arriving flight we can meet before your lunch, or else we'll meet you right after before we have to leave for the Poly. When is the last day of your trip?

Thanks! It was a great trip! :)

Yay! And I'm excited to hear how you like both hotels since we're staying at the same ones next week!

Sorry you had to cancel but now you get to go during the holidays!
I did really enjoy staying at the Yacht Club. I loved how everything in the room is new. But I'm sure you will get to stay there in the future!
I did like the Royal Pacific as well. The room seemed a little small, but was very comfortable. We weren't in the room that much though!

I definitely think Toothsome has better food than the Sugar Factory. It's a really cool restaurant!

Sadly we did not get to try it. We didn't get to do a lot of things we wanted to do, but I'll just save it for a longer trip!

They are pay unfortunately:( But they look amazing.

They do!

Your cruise sounds amazing! I grew up there so I am always excited when people go to visit. I hope the fall colours are beautiful for you!

PEI is lovely - I was obsessed with Anne when I was younger so it will always have a place in my heart. When you are in Halifax if you have time you should try a Donair - it is a bit like a shawarma, but with a sweet sauce and spicy beef. Halifax is famous for them! https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/li...e4257639/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Was Louisbourg an option for Sydney? If you are at all interested in historical sites it is worth a visit.

Thank you!! Wow that Donair sounds totally up my alley. I really really want to try one now! I have this 7 hour tour booked for us though which doesn't leave us much time to explore on our own. Do you know if there's a place near the port where I can get one to go, because I'd totally make a beeline for it as soon as the tour drops us off.

Yes Louisbourg was an option! I was looking at that one too. Do you know if they have Donair in Sydney? Because maybe I can get one there if I can't get one in Halifax although I'm assuming the best ones would be in Halifax.

Thanks for the great info!

Yay Halifax! My home turf! There are also some great restaurants along the waterfront/boardwalk area or nearby in walking distance. We like Salty's (you can eat more casually downstairs, or eat upstairs in a bit more formal environment, and they take reservations for upstairs,) The Bicycle Thief (sometimes crowded and noisy depending on the day of the week,) Five Fishermen, The Keg, etc. The Seaport Market is also great on Saturdays, but if you're there any other day of the week I highly recommend skipping it since over half the vendors don't come. For Sydney, I don't have so many recommendations. Nathan's been many times for work, but I keep missing out on going. It's a really beautiful part of the province though—Cape Breton is beautiful. It's kind of a nice rustic/tourist/fishing area. The Alexander Graham Bell musuem is in nearby Baddeck, but it's about an hour away from Sydney, so probably not worth the detour on a one-day visit. The fall leaves should still be quite lovely when you're here—I suspect that's part of why they schedule it this time of year—that's one of the things we pride ourselves on is our fall foliage. LOL

Hi Meghan!! Hope all is well! Thanks for all this great information! If we don't decide to do the tour then I'm definitely going to walk around the waterfront and eat at one of the pretty restaurants as everyone I know on the trips enjoys seafood! do you know where the best poutine is? :) from Humble Pie's rec, I also want to try a Donair. now I'm thinking we should not do the tour and then just do Halifax on our own but find a tour to do on Sydney. Our day in Halifax is Oct 26 - believe that is a Thursday. The tour sounds pretty cool though, it includes a ride to Peggy's Cove Lighthouse, a lobster lunch, and a trip to a Maple syrup factory. Have you been to Peggy's Cove? Nothing like that is really offered for the other ports that's why I was intrigued in that one. It takes up all our port time though, pretty much from 9am to 4pm and we are supposedly docked from 8:30am to 4:45 that day.

Hi Meghan!! Hope all is well! Thanks for all this great information! If we don't decide to do the tour then I'm definitely going to walk around the waterfront and eat at one of the pretty restaurants as everyone I know on the trips enjoys seafood! do you know where the best poutine is? :) from Humble Pie's rec, I also want to try a Donair. now I'm thinking we should not do the tour and then just do Halifax on our own but find a tour to do on Sydney. Our day in Halifax is Oct 26 - believe that is a Thursday. The tour sounds pretty cool though, it includes a ride to Peggy's Cove Lighthouse, a lobster lunch, and a trip to a Maple syrup factory. Have you been to Peggy's Cove? Nothing like that is really offered for the other ports that's why I was intrigued in that one. It takes up all our port time though, pretty much from 9am to 4pm and we are supposedly docked from 8:30am to 4:45 that day.

Hi! :wave2:

Poutine: Smoke's Poutinnerie (spelling?? haha) is a common favourite. They have a pop-up down on the waterfront in the summer, but it'll possibly be gone by October. But I believe they also have another location downtown all year long. I hear great things about Willy's Fresh Cut Fries and Burgers, but I've never been there. It's won awards for its poutine though. And there's also a restaurant on Spring Garden road (where there's some shopping and restaurants) called Your Father's Moustache that has good poutine the last I was there.

Peggy's Cove is definitely a nice reason to do the tour! I've been, I think, three times? At least two. It's almost an hour out of the city, so if you don't do a tour you're not likely to see it. It's a lovely little tourist area with the lighthouse and the rocks above the crashing waves. Very scenic. Very pretty. We go out there to take photos once in a while. And there's a restaurant and some little artist gallery/shops, a tourism info place, etc. Once you've been there once it's not the kind of place you go back again and again because there's not a lot there, but it's definitely beautiful to see once. If you go, make sure you take a sweater or light jacket because it can get a little windy and chilly sometimes in the Fall.

I would be torn about the tour, too. The maple syrup part may also be neat. Nathan's parents used to own and operate a sugarbush (where they make maple syrup) in neighboring New Brunswick until his dad retired a couple years ago. We love maple in our household!

Whether you do a tour or not, Halifax is pretty great, and there's lots to do. But the city probably has the most to offer in the summer...so you might find the tour worthwhile to make sure you get the most activity during your time here. On the other hand...you'll probably find lots and lots to do for a day just exploring on your own. Tough call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!