Christmas

davidmolliesmum

i must resist chocolate... i must resist chocolate
We are travelling to Florida on December 19th and will be there over Christmas and new year...
Our children will be 14 & 12... don’t want to be taking loads of presents for Christmas, still want to have Christmas on Christmas day and celebrate there... without only giving them money.
What did / would you do for Christmas (with regards to gifts)

Perhaps clothes they've been wanting, do they use iTunes? Or still like 'real' books - or a lovely stocking each with favourite bits like smellies & gift card, or membership of something or adoption of something? My DGS favourite thing last Christmas was adoption of the Giant Anteater at Chester Zoo - gives you tickets to visit etc - though obviously much younger than your teens!

I know with my two when they were that age would have enjoyed a trip to the outlets funded by mum and dad. Maybe you could make a "shopping voucher" to the value of $$ that they could open on Xmas day.

BTW we're also going to be in WDW this Xmas and new year (Dec 10th to Jan 1st :cool1::cool1:)
As there is going to be a group of 18 of us and like you I don't want to take loads of gifts I've bought everyone the Jingle Jam, Jingle Bam dessert party for Dec 24th. I'm hoping this will get the Xmas party started in style party:

Last edited:
When we celebrated Christmas at DW, I packed a suitcase with physically small gifts. In our case, DD was 8, and it was mostly Barbie-sized dolls (Monster High, if you remember those). At those ages, I would be thinking jewelry, makeup, headphones, etc. For the record, a suitcase is the best hiding place in the world for presents, because it isn't the least bit interesting. You can throw some PJs and underwear on top of the gifts in case it gets opened.

When we go at Christmas I always but presents over there. Over the years the presents have changed, last time it was clothes, make up, perfume and a few Disney gifts and bath products that we picked up whilst out and about. One year we had bought concert tickets so took them with us. Last year I got a horse and carriage ride from my DH, that was lovely.

What plans do you have for Christmas and NewYear?

When we go at Christmas I always but presents over there. Over the years the presents have changed, last time it was clothes, make up, perfume and a few Disney gifts and bath products that we picked up whilst out and about. One year we had bought concert tickets so took them with us. Last year I got a horse and carriage ride from my DH, that was lovely.

What plans do you have for Christmas and NewYear?
Where did you have your carriage ride? That sounds lovely.

Great suggestions!
Thank you!!
Unsure what our Christmas Day and new year plans are... clueless!

I do have Discovery Cove booked for Boxing Day, that will be a present I can make a mock voucher for,even hubby in unaware of that one

Where did you have your carriage ride? That sounds lovely.
We had HDDR booked for Boxing Day and the carriage ride was at FW straight afterwards. It was something different and a really lovely present for me.

We ate at WL for our Christmas meal, it was served family style in the WCC. I really enjoyed it. It was a special 'Holiday meal' serving do you did get turkey. We have also eaten at CG, Citricos and a couple of park restaurants in the past.

We went to one of the Malls then spent a budget of $50 on small silly stuff to wrap then gave $$ so they could buy whatever they wanted.

We've done a few Xmas trips to Disney - it's fabulous! We're going again this year! Our daughters are 15 & 11 so similar ages to yours. I must say it's easier now we don't have to do the whole Santa thing! This year the trip is their main present so just going to get a few things to open on Christmas Day. We've scheduled a shopping trip in the first few days of our holiday and we'll get some things there. We tend to split up for a while during present buying! Buying in Disney is great if you're staying on site as you can have things shipped back to the hotel so it makes it a bit easier to hide things! You don't mention whether you have girls or boys but if girls - both mine love Bath & Body works so I'll be getting some bits from there. I've never been able to find wrapping paper in Disney so always take my own (I always try and find old fashioned packs of paper rather than rolls!)

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any other questions - I think this will be our 4th Christmas in Disney!

Take a couple of small things with you and factor treats in for later in the trip and make little gift certificates and wrap them up xx

We did Christmas there. I brought with me the stocking stuffers, because I did not want to have to mess with getting a bunch of little stuff there. I brought a few small things from home as gifts and picked up some things there, subtly. I also packed wrapping paper and tape. I brought a fold up paper Christmas tree to put it all under.

We're also there this xmas, it's our first time being there at Xmas,
My boys are 12,12,15 I already find xmas really tough due to the ages.
We will get a few computwr games that they want, and the rest I'm hoping will be easily done with bits they will have seen before hand!
My twins love starwars and Harrypotter so I'll find plenty of bits at Universal and HS for those, it's the oldest that will be more difficult.. They already have money to take, so ideally I don't want to give them more.

Hopefully clothes will be a good gift too, one of mine loves pins so they make very easy stocking fillers.

I'm getting pretty excited now.

So jealous, I'm thinking maybe Disney next year at Christmas, for my daughters 18th which is in October xx

Great Post. We are heading there as well this year. I was wondering the same thing. I figured just pack a bag with some smaller things.

This will be our 8th Christmas in WDW, we don't take anything and buy all the presents there, and pay for an extra suitcase on Virgin Atlantic on our journey home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!