Christmas or Spring Break/Easter?

magicmountainmama

Mouseketeer
Is either one better than the other? Or are both times absolutely packed, WDW style, and should probably be avoided? We would be there 4 days, off site. We would probably buy express passes for at least 1 day of the trip.

I am hoping someone chimes in on this. Spring break is somewhat spread out over several weeks since not everyone gets it at the same time. However, over at the "other world with the mouse" [where I have more experience] I know that the week before Easter and the week after Easter are really super crowded. There are some good crowd calendars online for universal and if you do a Google search in case no one chimes in with info :) We usually go in the off season and this year we are planning 2 days at Universal and several at Disney from Dec 28-Jan 5 and I am worried about crowds.

No matter when you go, my best tips for dealing with Universal crowds are:
1. get inline about 20-30 minutes before the park opens.
2. buy your tickets online in advance so you can go right into the parks.
3. dont waste time on sit down breakfast meals since crowds are usually lighter before 11 am .... take full advantage of that
4. download the wait times app for Universal in advance so you know which rides have short / long wait times
5. look over some park maps in advance of arriving just to give yourself a general feel of where things are located
6. If the park closes at 9 pm, as long as you are in line by 8:59 pm, you can ride....so this is often how we do Forbidden Journey since it usually has a really long wait.

The time period of December 23 thru January 3 is a packed park at the darkside

That holiday time is the same for everyone
Not all celebrate Christmas but most celebrate New Year’s Eve

Hotels fill up and prices are higher for them

Spring break has crowds but in different time periods

You can have more manageable crowds for March and April
Easter dates vary and that can help lessen crowds during school break times

Op, of it were me, I’d plan spring break time on weekdays for your 4 day trip

I don’t know when Easter falls next year but if it is April and a week after the end of spring break, that time period might be lighter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!