Christmas 2017

Just over 2 weeks to go, how is everyone doing with their shopping?

I just have a couple things to order online, and some stocking stuffers to get.
This morning I was lucky and got my ds the sneakers he wanted. He was sitting by the computer with me but thinks I wasn't able to get them.
He is going to be so excited Christmas morning!
Now I just have to get motivated to wrap everything.

I spent today wrapping all the grandparent and aunt/uncle received gifts and putting them under the tree. Tomorrow, my spouse and I will pull out our Mom & Dad/Santa gifts and make sure we are being roughly equal for everyone...Then, I'll spend next weekend after the Christmas music concert, the Star Wars movie, and our visit to the indoor Xmas lights/Santa exhibit at the mall (and secret Santa sibling shopping) wrapping our gifts and picking up anything needed to even things out...

I want to spend the week before Christmas writing Christmas cards and making Christmas cookies and getting to an outdoor light show...so I want to be ahead to enjoy it:)...

I have some drum equipment I'm ordering today for my oldest son's drum set, and two pairs of shoes I plan to pick up this week, then the kids are done, all seven (I start planning and shopping during summer). Hubby's main gift is done, just have a few movies to grab.

Hoping to get Christmas cards out this week. About half way done with stocking stuffers. Taking 21st and 22nd off work and I'll do the bulk of my baking then. We have a December schedule of Christmas movies we're watching. :)

Did the sort and realized my DDs were a little under, so grabbed a Strathmore colored pencil drawing pad, a DC graphic novel, and I'll be grabbing 2 Nintendo e-cards (probably $5-$10 b/c these are "Mom gifts" and mom gifts are cheap, useful, or both:)), and now I'm done...the kids just need to buy for each other next weekend (Mom sets a $10 limit and they each get 1 kid to shop for - older ones use their money and younger ones use mine:))...the only thing I might have to adjust for is what to do if either the Switch from Mileage Plus doesn't arrive (b/c the 3 included games were intended for my DDs, and then they will also be short "Santa" gifts) or my Mother-in-Law sends a check last minute (this year, the item I would have saved for her - the tv - was given by my mom's friend, so I don't have anything right now). I mean, she sent a nice cookie box this week, so that might be it...but it might not be...I just never know.

DD17 and I did a test run this morning of a couple of spiced pecan recipes for her to give as gifts to extended family. We picked the winner, and decided how to package them. She will make a couple of big batches closer to the time we travel, maybe next Sunday or one evening during the week after that. They should travel well.
Santa Mom has started to put gifts under the tree - one or two a day appear. :santa: It extends the excitement since there are no believers in the house. DD will actually get to open those gifts next Sunday morning because of the travelling (she gets her stocking on Christmas morning though).

It's been a pretty chill weekend since the big tasks are all done. We are curled up on the sofa watching Miracle on 34th Street right now (the original) - I love that movie :goodvibes

Done for DH and DS10! Everything is wrapped and under the tree! And I put up the few presents that will make the trek to Punta Cana with us for the holiday. Need to get gift cards for his teachers and I’ll treat them to lunch before the holiday break. Just waiting for Sat for our surprise trip to Universal! DS is going to be so excited!!!

Dh and I will begin the wrapping tomorrow night while we watch something on Netflix. It’s just more fun when we sit down and tackle it together. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are too busy in the evening, but we can probably get some more done on Friday night. Saturday we are doing the last of the shopping. Sunday we are assembling, cooking and freezing the 5 lasagnas for our Christmas Eve potluck. Sunday night I am helping my sister serve dinner for 110 at a church retirement for the pastor.

I am thouroughly enjoying family and friends and volunteer obligations this holiday season on top of our regular work and stuff... but boy am I looking forward to just settling in and relaxing soon. I plan to spend at least one day on the holidays doing nothing but reading, eating, and playing with the kids.

Last edited:
I literally only have 1 gift left to purchase- male neighbor. No idea what to buy. I keep telling DH that he needs to buy this one gift or at least select it. *sigh* hasn't happened yet.

All the gift are wrapped with the exception of 3 that need larger gift bags than I have on hand.

I think i'm pretty much done with Christmas shopping except for some gift cards for my in-laws. Haven't bought anything for the hubby, but don't think I will. (That could change.) But seeing as we're looking at another possible $300 vet bill...he might just get nothing.

I have some little gift for dd. I need to focus on main gifts now.

She is asking for a camera but still hasn't sent me the info on which one. She just said its expensive $400-$500. I told her to send me info so I can look for sales. I'm still waiting. My DD loves music and sometimes has friends over for food and music hangouts. She's known for playing good music so they always have her in charge of playing music at get togethers-lol! I was thinking of a good portable Bluetooth speaker with light show. You tube had some ion brand speakers but if anyone can recommend a good inexpensive one please. Another thing she really wants is a hot wax beads for hair removal for armpits. Does anyone use the hot wax beads? Whats a good brand and hot wax machine for the beads. I'm new to this. She's away at college with out a car so she misses going to the nail salon to get her under arms waxed. I'll probabaly get her 2 gift cert for under arm waxing . One for before Xmas and a 2nd one for before she goes back to college. Plus a few other gift cards for food and Macy's and some cash

Wendys has the little plastic tag for $2 that gets you a free mini frosty with any purchase for a year. Stocking stuffer.

Thanks for the idea! That would be perfect for my DD, a freshman in college. I was going to get her a Wendy's gift card anyways.

I should be done but apparently I have a shopping problem :) My kid is a tomboy and her clothes are always so ratty. Between me and my mom, we’ve bought her 18 pieces of clothes from LLR ladies going out of business. She now has dresses (oooh the horror), and randy tops.

I should be done but apparently I have a shopping problem :) My kid is a tomboy and her clothes are always so ratty. Between me and my mom, we’ve bought her 18 pieces of clothes from LLR ladies going out of business. She now has dresses (oooh the horror), and randy tops.

LOL Sounds like the challenge may be to get her to wear them!

DD17 and I have a deal - I get to dress her one day a year, on Christmas. The rest of the year, as long as "the bits and pieces" are properly covered, I don't dictate what she wears. I give her a budget to spend for back to school each year, and then she buys some things with her own money as she gets it. I'm not a fan of much of what she buys, but I've learned if I buy what I like for her, she just won't wear it so it's a waste of money, no matter what sort of "deal" I get.

She also tends to wear the same few pieces over and over, no matter how many other nice things she has and likes - I don't get that at all.

At least lately she's taken to thrifting with her friends, so the stuff I don't like (or that she rarely ends up wearing) is cheap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!