Choose my itinerary!

lauraleh

Mouseketeer
We are flying into LAX in early June and I have two options for an itinerary. Just a bit about us. There are 5 of us (husband, me, 6 year old girl, 3 year old boy, 1 year old girl). We live in DFW and are used to some traffic so we aren't afraid to drive in LA.

Option 1: Fly into LAX. Arrive at 7:00 AM
Arrival day: Drive to SD. Beach day at La Jolla.
Day 2: Coronado, Balboa Park. Drive to Anaheim at some point.
Day 3: DL
Day 4: DCA
Day 5:Griffith Observatory, Santa Monica Pier, Depart LAX at 6:00 PM

Option 2: Fly into LAX. Arrive at 7:00 AM
Arrival day: Laguna Beach
Day 2: Extra DL day or extra LA day?
Day 3: DL
Day 4: DCA
Day 5:Griffith Observatory, Santa Monica Pier, Depart LAX at 6:00 PM

What would you do? It is worth the drive to go to San Diego? Should we do another DL day? Thank you for your help!

I'd go with option #2. Go with a 3rd Disneyland day. Doing so will allow you to get a Magic Morning entry if you get your tickets ahead of time (i.e., not at the ticket booth), so you can enter Disneyland 1 hour early on Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday. That's really helpful for children your kids' ages.

Option 2 doesn't appear to require changing hotels, which is a major bonus traveling with children. But I certainly wouldn't go back up into LA the day after coming down from LAX.

PHXscuba

I'd do the second option. Since you are packing so much in only 5 days, it will be easier with the young children. I'd do the extra DL day.

Definitely option 2. If you're arriving at LAX on a weekday at 7 you will have traffic all the way to San Diego, and back. Not a good way to start a vacation!

Thank you for all your responses! We did decide on 3 DL days after we briefly thought about a Universal Day but decided against it because of height requirements. 20 days until the trip! Can't wait!

Little update though, we decided to do Santa Monica and Griffith Park on day 1, then DL days 2-4 , then Laguna Beach on day 5. Hopefully that minimizes our driving a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!