"children" on resis?

lajspeech

Mouseketeer
So do infants (under 1 year...) count as "children" on a room resi? Like if my husband and i are taking our 6mo old to Disney is it 2 adults 1 child or just 2 adults? What about a 1yo? a 2yo? WHats the cutoff? They dont count for park admission so just wondering...

So do infants (under 1 year...) count as "children" on a room resi? Like if my husband and i are taking our 6mo old to Disney is it 2 adults 1 child or just 2 adults? What about a 1yo? a 2yo? WHats the cutoff? They dont count for park admission so just wondering...

You list them (2 and under) as an infant on your ressie. They do not count towards capacity of the room tho.

Online reservations allows you to put 1 year old as an age for children. You don't pay for the child. You do put the child down so they can be counted for occupancy regardless of age plus I'm assuming you'll be requesting a pack & play. There's no cost to include the child so there's no reason to leave him off. This is especially important for ADRs because you really want a table big enough to accomodate the high chair.

It's a bit more complicated then the PPs explained it... then again, I could just be answering beyond the scope of your question!

Disney has occupancy levels of the rooms. These levels are different depending on the resort that you are wanting to stay out and the type of room. Be sure to check the website to verify the occupancy limits for the resort you are wanting to stay at!

Everyone who will be in the room must be listed on the reservation, no matter the ages.

Disney charges for more then 2 adults (age 18+) in the room. The amount changes based on the level of the resort.

Disney occupancy levels are usually listed as X numbers plus 1 child under the age of 3. If you have more then 1 child under the age of 3, the other children WILL count towards occupancy. An example of this is POFQ. Their occupancy for a regular room is 4 plus 1 under the age of 3.

Specifically - even though it doesn't apply to the OP, others will read this thread as well :): one child under age three 'counts' as an infant and is not considered when calculating room occupancy. Additional children under age three DO count toward room occupancy levels.

Two adults, one six month old = two adults, one infant
Two adults, one two year old, one six month old = two adults, one child, one infant
Two adults, two year old triplets = two adults, two children, one infant

The kids don't count as anything until their 3rd birthday...longstory short. the only costs associated with them would be food until that point.

you don't technically have to pay room costs for them until they are 18...provided they are in the same room and you don't have family/ friends/ etc traveling with you and wanting to squeeze in.

The kids don't count as anything until their 3rd birthday...longstory short. the only costs associated with them would be food until that point.

you don't technically have to pay room costs for them until they are 18...provided they are in the same room and you don't have family/ friends/ etc traveling with you and wanting to squeeze in.

It's not just about the cost. If the room occupancy is 4 + 1 infant and you have 2 adults, 1 6yo, 1 4yo, 1 2yo and 1 6mos then you've exceeded occupancy even though both the 2yo and 6mos are free. Occupancy limits do matter beyond just cost. Disney like any other resort or hotel has to meet the occupancy limits set by outside agencies.

Disney occupancy levels are usually listed as X numbers plus 1 child under the age of 2. If you have more then 1 child under the age of 2, the other children WILL count towards occupancy. An example of this is POFQ. Their occupancy for a regular room is 4 plus 1 under the age of 2.

It is under age 3...just to correct you.

Also, we are a family of 5...2 "infants" in disney speak...and we are able to (although we have no desire to) book a studio...which is supposed to only house 3 and a child in a crib. Therefore, the computer does NOT "count" ANY children under age 3...even if there are more than one.

You do, however, still have to list them.

Hope that clarifies things for the OP.:goodvibes

It's not just about the cost. If the room occupancy is 4 + 1 infant and you have 2 adults, 1 6yo, 1 4yo, 1 2yo and 1 6mos then you've exceeded occupancy even though both the 2yo and 6mos are free. Occupancy limits do matter beyond just cost. Disney like any other resort or hotel has to meet the occupancy limits set by outside agencies.

that's why i put the disclaimer about friends/ families/ etc.

generally speaking...a family of 5 or less is fine in any room. Most families are 5 or less...

the net doesn't cover everybody...but it covers the vast majority.

if you have 6 or more in a single family group....one room isn't going to be realistic and may very well be against firecode

Also, we are a family of 5...2 "infants" in disney speak...and we are able to (although we have no desire to) book a studio...which is supposed to only house 3 and a child in a crib. Therefore, the computer does NOT "count" ANY children under age 3...even if there are more than one.

Yea, I knew that. For some dang reason I typed under the age of 2. I think I mixed up "under the age of 3" and "2 year olds and younger".

Can I blame old age when I am only 28?

Yes, in fact when I made reservation the CM asked if I wanted a crib or a pack or play...if I need microwave in the room or anything else I would need for our stay to make it comfortable for our son for his first trip to Disney. And when we checked in our room, he got a Mickey stuff animal and a button first visit and a card.

Nope. The studios hold four. That's why you can book your specific family (two adults, one junior, two "infants" by WDW room occupancy definition :teeth: ) in a studio.

Nope. The studios hold four. That's why you can book your specific family (two adults, one junior, two "infants" by WDW room occupancy definition :teeth: ) in a studio.

oh, i see.
for some reason i thought that i had read there is a king and a daybed...sleeping 3 and an infant. i stand corrected.

generally speaking...a family of 5 or less is fine in any room. Most families are 5 or less...
Wouldn't it be a party (not necessarily family) of four (not five) or fewer? The typical hotel room has a maximum occupancy of four persons. Many allow but don't count one infant under a certain age toward that occupancy limit.

oh, i see.
for some reason i thought that i had read there is a king and a daybed...sleeping 3 and an infant. i stand corrected.
:confused3 In a DVC studio? I haven't heard of that set-up, but I haven't met my quota of "wrong" for this year yet, either :rotfl2: As far as I know, DVC studios have one queen or king bed and one sofa that folds out to a double bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter