Childfree (by choice) Disney Lovers!

Completely understand, it is a different environment down here, to be sure. Hope everything works out for them though - best thoughts coming your way :)

Interesting - we went through a similar period of "should we / shouldn't we?". Thankfully, we landed on the same side you did. There are times we find it would be fun to have a little one, but those rare times are far outweighed by all the other times of "isn't it great not to be tied down?". I suppose one could see it as being selfish, but we enjoy our relative freedom.

Sorry to hear about your illness, and hope you're okay. That makes perfect sense, and unless someone goes through what you go through, i don't think they can fully understand. I know what you mean though, and fully agree.

Thanks! I have good days and bad days. The bad ones really make me appreciate the good ones haha. But it isn't going to stop me from living. I feel that is important to maintain a positive attitude no matter what bad things are going on in your life or the world.

Yeah I don't view it as selfish. I know a lot of people do but I think we all have different paths to take. I think the selfish ones are the ones that have a kid just so they aren't lonely, or someone to take care of them when they get old, or just to see what the kid would look like cause both parents are attractive lol. You know what I mean. I think people should just respect others decisions and butt out haaha

Thanks! I have good days and bad days. The bad ones really make me appreciate the good ones haha. But it isn't going to stop me from living. I feel that is important to maintain a positive attitude no matter what bad things are going on in your life or the world.

Yeah I don't view it as selfish. I know a lot of people do but I think we all have different paths to take. I think the selfish ones are the ones that have a kid just so they aren't lonely, or someone to take care of them when they get old, or just to see what the kid would look like cause both parents are attractive lol. You know what I mean. I think people should just respect others decisions and butt out haaha

Sounds like you have a great attitude toward it. I hope your good days greatly outweigh the bad.

I agree completely. I don't judge anyone, and the first thing that pushes me away is being judged. What we're truly talking about here is personal choice, and anyone who condemns me for a personal choice that has not hurt anyone else; well, I just don't have any time for. People need to smile more and frown less. lol. Hope your day's going well :)

Sounds like you have a great attitude toward it. I hope your good days greatly outweigh the bad.

I agree completely. I don't judge anyone, and the first thing that pushes me away is being judged. What we're truly talking about here is personal choice, and anyone who condemns me for a personal choice that has not hurt anyone else; well, I just don't have any time for. People need to smile more and frown less. lol. Hope your day's going well :)

Thanks! I try to have positive attitude about everything. Life is just too short to not. Doesn't mean I am pollyanna haha just choose to be happy.

I so agree. Less frowns more smiles. And less complaining too! People aren't happy with what they have and want more.

Day is going well so far. Got up early to clean and still haven't cleaned haha. But heading that way now to clean and finish up laundry. Hope your day is going good too!

Thanks! I try to have positive attitude about everything. Life is just too short to not. Doesn't mean I am pollyanna haha just choose to be happy.

I so agree. Less frowns more smiles. And less complaining too! People aren't happy with what they have and want more.

Day is going well so far. Got up early to clean and still haven't cleaned haha. But heading that way now to clean and finish up laundry. Hope your day is going good too!

Truer words have never been spoken. Glad the day went well for you. Mine was busy, but it's FRIDAY NOW! WooHoo!

Taking DW to Boma for her bday tomorrow :)

Truer words have never been spoken. Glad the day went well for you. Mine was busy, but it's FRIDAY NOW! WooHoo!

Taking DW to Boma for her bday tomorrow :)

Yay!! Happy Birthday to Mrs. Bushmills. That will be awesome Birthday.

Yay!! Happy Birthday to Mrs. Bushmills. That will be awesome Birthday.

Thank you! We had a great time, and I think she was happy ;).

Boma was excellent, as always; with the exception of small sticky fingers in the buffet, and one obnoxious gentleman, who insisted on touching all the fresh plates before choosing one (is it me, or is that really disgusting?). Ah well, food was great though, and she had fun.

How was your weekend? Did you guys get to the parks?

Thank you! We had a great time, and I think she was happy ;).

Boma was excellent, as always; with the exception of small sticky fingers in the buffet, and one obnoxious gentleman, who insisted on touching all the fresh plates before choosing one (is it me, or is that really disgusting?). Ah well, food was great though, and she had fun.

How was your weekend? Did you guys get to the parks?

So glad you had great time!

We love Boma too but buffets in general skeeve me out. People touching the food and also people almost running you over to the buffet. I mean what in the world?? :scratchin It isn't like the food is gonna disappear lol. And guess what if it does it is magically replaced with newer fresher food. haha. So yes people touching the food is gross. Thankfully Disney is pretty good about watching that kind of stuff and if you ever see anyone touching food you can tell the chefs and they will replace it. That is a great way to spread germs. :scared:

Had pretty quiet weekend. Worked on a project for my husband while he was manning the bingo hall lol. So we didn't make it to the parks. From the pictures of friends who are there now it is a good thing. It looked packed to the gills with people. We are going next Sunday to Food and Wine. That was day we were suppose to head up to TN but come to find out hubby has to look for a new job. So hopefully that week will have some interviews lined up for him. He was laid off a year ago after 10 years at the same place. Just thankful that this time we got an unofficial heads up and at least he still has his job. silver linings and all ya know?

So glad you had great time!

We love Boma too but buffets in general skeeve me out. People touching the food and also people almost running you over to the buffet. I mean what in the world?? :scratchin It isn't like the food is gonna disappear lol. And guess what if it does it is magically replaced with newer fresher food. haha. So yes people touching the food is gross. Thankfully Disney is pretty good about watching that kind of stuff and if you ever see anyone touching food you can tell the chefs and they will replace it. That is a great way to spread germs. :scared:

Had pretty quiet weekend. Worked on a project for my husband while he was manning the bingo hall lol. So we didn't make it to the parks. From the pictures of friends who are there now it is a good thing. It looked packed to the gills with people. We are going next Sunday to Food and Wine. That was day we were suppose to head up to TN but come to find out hubby has to look for a new job. So hopefully that week will have some interviews lined up for him. He was laid off a year ago after 10 years at the same place. Just thankful that this time we got an unofficial heads up and at least he still has his job. silver linings and all ya know?

Sounds like you had a good weekend as well, glad to hear it. Though sorry to hear about your hubby's impending job loss. Nice though, that he's received some advance warning. Things work out for good people, and I'm sure he'll find something as good, if not better, in no time. Good thoughts are with you.

The parks do seem to be very crowded as of late. Not sure if it's an early snowbird season, or if more people are just feeling the Disney itch. Personally, I like it when the tourist seasons are over, and the parks slow down somewhat. Looks like we may be cooked till after the holidays this year though. Would be fun to get to food and wine festival once more before it's over.

Hope your Monday's going well.

Sounds like you had a good weekend as well, glad to hear it. Though sorry to hear about your hubby's impending job loss. Nice though, that he's received some advance warning. Things work out for good people, and I'm sure he'll find something as good, if not better, in no time. Good thoughts are with you.

The parks do seem to be very crowded as of late. Not sure if it's an early snowbird season, or if more people are just feeling the Disney itch. Personally, I like it when the tourist seasons are over, and the parks slow down somewhat. Looks like we may be cooked till after the holidays this year though. Would be fun to get to food and wine festival once more before it's over.

Hope your Monday's going well.

Thanks! I know it will all work out. We are in situation that we can just leave town or state if need to. House paid for and remodeled with nothing really tying us here. I have been wanting to leave for years lol. But getting hubby on board has been struggle.

This has been a long weekend for many with today being Columbus Day. So that probably was why it was so crowded this weekend. First part of September is pretty quiet as is Jan when everyone goes back to school. February was a good time for lower crowds too.

If you feel like heading to Food and Wine Sunday maybe we could meet up. We probably won't hit it till around 11 as we like to sleep in haha.

Today is going pretty good. Dogs have been out several times today enjoying the breeze and sun. Hope you too are having great day!

Thanks! I know it will all work out. We are in situation that we can just leave town or state if need to. House paid for and remodeled with nothing really tying us here. I have been wanting to leave for years lol. But getting hubby on board has been struggle.

This has been a long weekend for many with today being Columbus Day. So that probably was why it was so crowded this weekend. First part of September is pretty quiet as is Jan when everyone goes back to school. February was a good time for lower crowds too.

If you feel like heading to Food and Wine Sunday maybe we could meet up. We probably won't hit it till around 11 as we like to sleep in haha.

Today is going pretty good. Dogs have been out several times today enjoying the breeze and sun. Hope you too are having great day!

Lol, leave the land of the mouse?? How will you get your Disney fix?

Sunday sounds great - would be nice to meet you both. I'll talk with DW tonight, and maybe we can shoot for 11:30-12:00. Will stop in and let you know tomorrow, and will confirm on Saturday (owning your own business means plans can suddenly change lol). Really looking forward to it though!

Lol, leave the land of the mouse?? How will you get your Disney fix?

Sunday sounds great - would be nice to meet you both. I'll talk with DW tonight, and maybe we can shoot for 11:30-12:00. Will stop in and let you know tomorrow, and will confirm on Saturday (owning your own business means plans can suddenly change lol). Really looking forward to it though!

haha we wouldn't be too far from the Mouse. TN is furthest North I would want to move. Right now looking like Tampa area maybe Clearwater. He has couple lines on jobs here in town. I was loosing sleep over it but now I am resigned to fact that it will all work out. No reason to stress over it.

Totally understand about your plans changing suddenly. If you can't make it out Sunday it isn't like there won't be other times we can get together. We are pretty laid back with plans and all. Have a great night! Looking forward to watch Sundays episode of The Walking Dead lol

haha we wouldn't be too far from the Mouse. TN is furthest North I would want to move. Right now looking like Tampa area maybe Clearwater. He has couple lines on jobs here in town. I was loosing sleep over it but now I am resigned to fact that it will all work out. No reason to stress over it.

Totally understand about your plans changing suddenly. If you can't make it out Sunday it isn't like there won't be other times we can get together. We are pretty laid back with plans and all. Have a great night! Looking forward to watch Sundays episode of The Walking Dead lol

Glad to hear, even better that things are looking up for you here. What line of work is he in? Hope it works out great for you guys soon.

Sounds great, we're very laid back as well - we just like laughs, good conversation, and down to earth people, oh, and a cocktail or two (it IS the food and wine fest after all. lol). Do you guys do Universal as well? I can imagine it's likely a bit far for you.

Glad to hear, even better that things are looking up for you here. What line of work is he in? Hope it works out great for you guys soon.

Sounds great, we're very laid back as well - we just like laughs, good conversation, and down to earth people, oh, and a cocktail or two (it IS the food and wine fest after all. lol). Do you guys do Universal as well? I can imagine it's likely a bit far for you.

My mantra is the futures so bright gotta wear shades :lmao: He is BI developer in IT industry. Tons of jobs seems so I know something will work out. Probably not right time to move. Just the thought of packing and moving with 3 dogs makes me tired haha.

You all sound a lot like us. There is always something to laugh at haha. I feel we are pretty boring people haha. Yes I agree a cocktail or two esp anytime at Epcot is a good thing.

We used to have passes to all the theme parks but now just Disney. Disney holds huge nostalgia for me. Universal, to me, just don't have the same pull. Wanted to go to the Halloween Horror nights this year but at 300 for the 2 of us just thought that was crazy. And people think Disney is expensive haha

My mantra is the futures so bright gotta wear shades :lmao: He is BI developer in IT industry. Tons of jobs seems so I know something will work out. Probably not right time to move. Just the thought of packing and moving with 3 dogs makes me tired haha.

You all sound a lot like us. There is always something to laugh at haha. I feel we are pretty boring people haha. Yes I agree a cocktail or two esp anytime at Epcot is a good thing.

We used to have passes to all the theme parks but now just Disney. Disney holds huge nostalgia for me. Universal, to me, just don't have the same pull. Wanted to go to the Halloween Horror nights this year but at 300 for the 2 of us just thought that was crazy. And people think Disney is expensive haha

Nice, he shouldn't have any issue finding another great job. We moved down from Canada to hear with 2 cats and 2 dogs (one of which stood in her crate the entire trip). I understand what you mean about having to move 3 dogs.

We do sound a lot alike - we enjoy just sitting and people watching sometimes. We make up conversation for them. Sad I know. lol

I hear you - we've wanted to go for HHN for a few years now, but either time or money gets in the way. It looks cool, but they certainly charge for it, don't they??

Nice, he shouldn't have any issue finding another great job. We moved down from Canada to hear with 2 cats and 2 dogs (one of which stood in her crate the entire trip). I understand what you mean about having to move 3 dogs.

We do sound a lot alike - we enjoy just sitting and people watching sometimes. We make up conversation for them. Sad I know. lol

I hear you - we've wanted to go for HHN for a few years now, but either time or money gets in the way. It looks cool, but they certainly charge for it, don't they??

Wow all the way from Canada? That is a long trip. To me Canada seems like a far away exotic place I hope to visit someday lol.

We do the same thing! hahaahaha That is too funny!

HHN is so much fun esp doing it with other people. One of the houses was Aliens vs Predators and that is 2 of my favorite franchise movies lol.

Wow all the way from Canada? That is a long trip. To me Canada seems like a far away exotic place I hope to visit someday lol.

We do the same thing! hahaahaha That is too funny!

HHN is so much fun esp doing it with other people. One of the houses was Aliens vs Predators and that is 2 of my favorite franchise movies lol.

Wow, you guys are horror buffs too? I LOVE horror movies and all things Halloween. We've started our annual horror movie October, leading to Halloween (my favorite "holiday"). We used to have Halloween parties every year back home (costumes, watch horror movies, etc), but haven't found anyone down here yet who would appreciate that kind of thing.

The exotic land of Canada? Never thought of it that way. lol. But it is nice to visit (certain places at certain times of the year - stay away in winter).

Wow, you guys are horror buffs too? I LOVE horror movies and all things Halloween. We've started our annual horror movie October, leading to Halloween (my favorite "holiday"). We used to have Halloween parties every year back home (costumes, watch horror movies, etc), but haven't found anyone down here yet who would appreciate that kind of thing.

The exotic land of Canada? Never thought of it that way. lol. But it is nice to visit (certain places at certain times of the year - stay away in winter).

My husband isn't in to the horror movies as I am. I will watch anything with zombies haha. Loved all the Resident Evil movies. We don't have parties or even pass out candy. But we do love going to the theme parks, HHN and even Busch Gardens was fun.

I guess when you have lived in Florida as long as I have any land is exotic lol

My husband isn't in to the horror movies as I am. I will watch anything with zombies haha. Loved all the Resident Evil movies. We don't have parties or even pass out candy. But we do love going to the theme parks, HHN and even Busch Gardens was fun.

I guess when you have lived in Florida as long as I have any land is exotic lol

I understand, DW is more into Christmas, and period piece movies. We used to both love The Walking Dead, but it seems to have become somewhat formulaic in the last few seasons. Love me some classic zombie movies though. Are you an Evil Dead fan?

Lol, true. We can have some snow shipped in to you this winter, would that help?

I understand, DW is more into Christmas, and period piece movies. We used to both love The Walking Dead, but it seems to have become somewhat formulaic in the last few seasons. Love me some classic zombie movies though. Are you an Evil Dead fan?

Lol, true. We can have some snow shipped in to you this winter, would that help?

I like all kinds of movies even ones with subtitles lol but horror is my fav. Did you catch Strain on FX? It was based on books by guillermo del toro. Was really good. Yes Evil Dead was first movie we rented. Actually it was our first vcr rental too hahaaha. I haven't seen the remake. I don't like remakes too much.

Hahaha I would love snow shipped in. It would melt probably before it hit the ground haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter