"chickened out" & booked AAA rate

mykidsmom

Mouseketeer
Well I was determined to wait for a discount (7for4, 7for5, annual pass - ANYTHING). We are planning a 5 night trip in October at the Beach Club Villas (we'll need a 2 bedroom). When I started planning a month or so ago there were plenty. But as of tonight the only 2 br available was for 3 nights!! So I decided to go ahead and book with the AAA rate before even that got away. And now I've got to call everyday and try to add 2 more nights.

Questions: do you think between now and October I'll be able to book the other 2 nights?

What's going on in October that these would be booked up so far in advance? (We're going 9/30 - 10/5) Food & Wine is later I believe

Do you have to show your AAA card? CM did not even ask for my number and it expires soon (I will be renewing though)

Food & Wine is later I believe :sad2: Nope food & Wine starts Oct.1st.

International Food and Wine Festival
October 1 - November 14, 2004
Sample delectable dishes and wonderful wines from around the world.

Beach Club Villas are a part of the Disney Vacation Club. Only a certain percentage of the total units is available for nonmember to book on a cash basis.

October is a popular month especially due to the Golf Tournament, Halloween Party and beginning of Food and Wine.

In inquired about Beach Club villas a month ago for next January. They were all already booked.

Keep calling back. There is a time when any left over DVC inventory goes into the cash inventory, I believe it is 60 days in advance but I am not positive. Maybe if you really need the room you should check into renting points if a room is available. This option should save you money also!

Just called this morning and was able to add one more night! I did read where they only have 78 2 bedrooms. I didn't realize that! I guess I'm lucky to get what I did and lucky to at least get a AAA rate. (As for renting points, my husband is the chicken there!)

Golf tournament? Do you know when this is?

What rate do you have for the BCV? Is it regular season at $705? Value season is $545 and runs until 9/29. Maybe by going to WDW 1 day earlier you could save alot of money. Your room rate on day one is the rate for your whole stay.

OR renting points you would need 216 points and there is no tax on them you could possible rent them for $10 a point which would be $2160 vs reg season of $3525. No need to wait for AP discounts if you go that route.

I own DVC but rented twice before buying my own. I was very comfortable with the person I rented from. Lots of emails and a phone call too.
Maybe read some of the post over on teh DVC board along with rent/ trade board. Sept/Oct is not that far away.

Either way I hope you have a great time at WDW.

Lori

CM should have asked for you AAA # Sometimes they forget. It's never a problem to ask if they need it or volunteer the number.

Originally posted by mykidsmom
Well I was determined to wait for a discount (7for4, 7for5, annual pass - ANYTHING). We are planning a 5 night trip in October at the Beach Club Villas (we'll need a 2 bedroom). When I started planning a month or so ago there were plenty. But as of tonight the only 2 br available was for 3 nights!! So I decided to go ahead and book with the AAA rate before even that got away. And now I've got to call everyday and try to add 2 more nights.

Questions: do you think between now and October I'll be able to book the other 2 nights?

What's going on in October that these would be booked up so far in advance? (We're going 9/30 - 10/5) Food & Wine is later I believe

Do you have to show your AAA card? CM did not even ask for my number and it expires soon (I will be renewing though)

wine and food is going on and so are the MNNSHP nights, lots of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter