Chick-fil-A

We have them everywhere here (San Antonio) but when we lived in Hawaii we desperately missed them and looked up the closest one to Disneyland during one of our trips. There is a super nice one in Tustin, very easy to find and right next to a Target which they also didn't have (at the time- one just opened last month) in Hawaii.

The one in Tustin also delivers if your order is large enough!

Love love love their food. Their sandwiches and nuggets are not the only things that are great. So are the coleslaw, carrot with pineapple and raisins, and their chicken breakfast burrito.

The in-n-out thread got me thinking of Chick-fil-A. I have only been once and it was in Florida, we did not eat, just went thru drive thru and got the BEST milkshake I think I have ever had.
So I looked on the chick-fil-a website and it list quite a few for CA, including one in Long Beach, which is the airport we are flying into.

So my questions--
how is their food?
Was it a fluke (ie I was really hot, or was on vacation or had not had a milkshake in a year, etc etc) that my milkshake was fabulous, or are they really that good?
Is there one convienent between Long Beach airport and Hojo or between Hojo and Legoland?
Is it worth a stop for food, for milkshake or for nothing?

Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays...at least the two over by my home.

There is a super nice one in Tustin, very easy to find and right next to a Target which they also didn't have (at the time- one just opened last month) in Hawaii.

The one in Tustin also delivers if your order is large enough!

That's my "neighborhood" Chick-Fil-A" :lovestruc I love it! I also love that it's next to that super nice new Target. :thumbsup2 I didn't know they deliver...thanks for that tip!!!

There's another one in Irvine, at the Marketplace. That is the CLOSEST one to DLR. It's basically right off the I-5 freeway, off of Jamboree Road, less than a mile from the freeway! It's about 10 min from DLR. I go to that one when I'm on that side of town doing errands.

And their chicken nuggets are not that bad for you.
Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets..yes, the small box...have 400 calories and 1250 mg. of sodium.

McDonald's chicken nuggets...Happy Meal...have 280 calories and 400 mg of sodium.

Not that any junk food is good for kids, but, as a mother, I'd rather choose the lesser of the two evils.

Your information is MISLEADING.

The information you posted refers to the LARGEST BOX of chicken nuggets (12 piece) available at Chick Fil A. You can look it up on their website. This is NOT equivalent to what is provided in the kid's meal. If you consider 12 pieces of chicken nuggets to be "the small box", well, then, I don't know what to tell you. But, here are the FACTS, straight from the Chick Fil A nutritional webpage:

The 12 PIECE box of Chick Fil A Nuggets has 400 cal, 19g fat, and 1250 mg sodium.

The 8 PIECE box of Chick Fil A Nuggets has 260 cal, 13g fat, and 840mg sodium.

The 6 PIECE box of Chick Fil A Nuggets (FROM THE KID'S MEAL) has 200 cal, 10g fat, 630mg sodium

The 4 PIECE box of Chick Fil A Nuggest (FROM THE KID'S MEAL) has 130 cal, 6g fat, 420mg sodium.

For comparison, the 6 PIECE HAPPY MEAL CHICKEN NUGGETS have 280 cal, 17g fat, 600mg sodium.

Dare I say, the McDonald's Happy Meal (6 pc) is WORSE nutritionally than the Chick Fil A 6 Piece Nugget kid's meal?

When you are comparing "apples to apples", please try to do it properly. Don't compare a 12 piece box of nuggets to what you get in a "happy meal". That's like comparing a Whopper to a cheeseburger from a happy meal...and arguing that they're "the same thing".

Your information is MISLEADING.

I was going to make the same point about comparing the Happy Meal size nuggets to the regular menu size nuggets at Chick fil A... but you've covered it so well. ;)

And you can't even begin to compare the taste, at least IMO

I know I've seen Chick fil A nuggets on one of those "eat this not that" lists, and they were the good choice.

I love Chick Fil A, so it's probably a good thing that the closest one is a bit of a drive. (10-15 min, that's a long way in fast food world) If it were on the next corner, I'd be there all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter