Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

Chicago Hotel room is booked!

screen-shot-2017-11-03-at-8-01-12-pm-png.281426

We ended up going with the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel. Ranked as #18 in Chicago, was middle of the road in terms of cost, and was in the center of our desired locations (Race, Aquarium, Mag Mile, and Children's Museum).

http://www.chicagoathletichotel.com

Beautiful rooftop restaurant:

redeye-chicago-athletic-association-hotel-bars-and-restaurants-20150624

tzoo.hd.83755.4920.363436.ChicagoAthleticAssociation.jpg

CAA0715-drawing-room.jpg

Very hipster looking...

44517226.jpg

I am officially booked at Hilton Chicago. We used points. I have to pay pet deposit and parking, but at least not the room. Good to use that benefit from work travel. We are there Oct 5 to the 8, since we will have to drive. We will split the drive into two days both ways. Now just need my hip to completely heal up.

Got around to signing up for the lottery finally. So you guys are already getting hotels? Finding one is going to make my head hurt - also known as overthinking it. o_O

I haven't gotten a hotel yet, although I considered it. I think the only ones who got a hotel so far are the people who got confirmation of a guaranteed entry.

But, I'm still looking at them and stalking where I might want to stay. :D

I had some days of vacation left unscheduled for the year (we are a use it or lose it establishment) so I took off 12/12. Figure several scenarios can happen.
A) Switch between staring at my email and checking this thread to see if anyone got emails.
B) Crying from happiness and going for a run and realizing I have to do that for 20+ more miles and then crying from terror.
C) Crying from huge disappointment and then frantically checking every fundraising opportunity and creating a mad scientist level budget for the year to offset costs.
D) Drinking (coffee, booze, chocolate, whatevs)

So yeah...I did that. Is it December yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!