Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

So, in reading @DopeyBadger 's thread, he has the hotel info in there for Chicago. So, if you look at some of the websites directly, they show no availability, but I'm guessing that's because they are blocked out for the official race accommodation process. Sound right? So, if you really want to stay at a particular (and likely popular) hotel, is it better to just go ahead and book something now even without knowing if you are in? It looks like you can cancel without penalty easily enough. And, yes, I'm really asking this question right now. :D

If we end up getting in, I think we would make this an extended weekend trip anyway. We love Chicago regardless and it's a great excuse to make it a running vacation.

So, if you look at some of the websites directly, they show no availability, but I'm guessing that's because they are blocked out for the official race accommodation process. Sound right?

Yes, that's how it works in Chicago.

So, in reading @DopeyBadger 's thread, he has the hotel info in there for Chicago. So, if you look at some of the websites directly, they show no availability, but I'm guessing that's because they are blocked out for the official race accommodation process. Sound right? So, if you really want to stay at a particular (and likely popular) hotel, is it better to just go ahead and book something now even without knowing if you are in? It looks like you can cancel without penalty easily enough. And, yes, I'm really asking this question right now. :D

If we end up getting in, I think we would make this an extended weekend trip anyway. We love Chicago regardless and it's a great excuse to make it a running vacation.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.51.40 AM.png

Here's the chart I put together on my running journal.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.57.49 AM.png

Seems straight forward that you can cancel "non-pre-pay" up till 72 hrs prior to the race and not incur any costs. So you could get a cheaper room with "pre-paid" if you wait till you know you're in (but then non-refundable) or just go ahead and book now/cancel later with no issue on a slightly more expensive room. Not all hotels have pre-paid vs non-pre-paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter