Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

I may consider this one. I'll definitely be exploring options for a fall marathon.

What's funny is, out of my two running partners and myself, only one of us got in and she's the one that wanted to run it the least. We totally peer pressured in to entering! Now she's totally bumming she won't have anyone to run it with. o_O
That's why I don't do lottery races with friends - you can't link lottery entries. Maybe she could defer, then you could try again next year.

@DopeyBadger You can add me to the accepted list. I have decided to join you all for my first marathon in Chicago. I will be running as a member of Team Solemates for the charity Girls on the Run. If anyone would like information about the charity or about my fundraising please just let me know. And if anyone has fundraised in the past and wants to shoot me any tips, pointers, helpful advise I'm all ears too. This is new for me.

I will be part of a mentor/mentee program and will have opportunities to participate in 5ks with girls from the Chicago-land area and that is very exciting for me as well. I wanted to make sure if I was going to do this that I'd pick something I could be active in.

I am excited, scared, nervous, and happy, and nervous. See you all in October :)

@DopeyBadger You can add me to the accepted list. I have decided to join you all for my first marathon in Chicago. I will be running as a member of Team Solemates for the charity Girls on the Run. If anyone would like information about the charity or about my fundraising please just let me know. And if anyone has fundraised in the past and wants to shoot me any tips, pointers, helpful advise I'm all ears too. This is new for me.

I will be part of a mentor/mentee program and will have opportunities to participate in 5ks with girls from the Chicago-land area and that is very exciting for me as well. I wanted to make sure if I was going to do this that I'd pick something I could be active in.

I am excited, scared, nervous, and happy, and nervous. See you all in October :)
Congrats!!!

WOOHOO!!! I'm so happy for you.

Will you be putting some of your fundraising info on your journal?

Send me a link to your fundraising page or how I can donate. :)

Thanks guys. Yes I will send fundraising info to you @croach and I think that's a great idea @ZellyB
I'm not used to asking for help and so this is making me a little verklempt.
At least it's distracting from the idea of 26.2!!

Super excited to be checking this one off my bucket list! See you in Chicago!

:welcome:

Me too! I'm super stoked to be running Chicago and hoping for some magic on race day!

I'm so happy for you! Girls on the Run sounds like a great choice! Please let me know how I can help your fundraiser.

Girls on the Run is a great organization! They have a big presence here in NC and a good friend (who is also a runner) just interviewed for one of their executive positions. We sent my oldest daughter to it when she was in middle school and needed help with her self esteem. I'll be happy to contribute a little to your fundraising so let me know what I need to do.

Girls on the Run is a great organization! They have a big presence here in NC and a good friend (who is also a runner) just interviewed for one of their executive positions. We sent my oldest daughter to it when she was in middle school and needed help with her self esteem. I'll be happy to contribute a little to your fundraising so let me know what I need to do.

That's amazing to hear. I know I could have used the self-esteem help at that age (and frankly I needed it badly at my current age which is why running has been a godsend for me.) I'll send you a PM :)

Unearthing this thread to let everyone know that the official 5k for this race weekend has finally gotten updated 2018 details. Website is chicago5k.com
Saturday Oct 6 2018

I have not personally done this race but pics from last year looked promising. If anyone is travelling with family it may be fun for them to get a medal too :)

Does anyone have the ability to update their Proof of Time for estimated finish on their Chicago registration? Mine seems to be set to the race time I used to gain auto qualifier status, but my HM time is a much better M race equivalent. Just wondering whether that function isn't available for anyone at the moment. Based on my emails with @cburnett11 from 2016, it was around June/July that POT for corralling was due.

Thanks @roxymama for the PM! It would appear I have more functionality on my registration at the moment since it allows me to edit registration. Just can't change the POT at this moment. No rush as it will probably be a bit of time before it is due.

For anyone flying to this race....I was watching the airfare for months and it has been crazy high for the major airlines.

Southwest released its October schedule last week and the prices were very reasonable. Hope this helps someone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!