Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

The Force was not strong with the Cubs tonight. :darth::chewy: I was feeling the KB walk-off from '15 against Cleveland there in the 8th...but no repeat.:(Lester pitched that one too. Oh well. I am ok with Joe's bunt call , I think Cleveland was expecting Javy to hit based on his triple last night off of Miller so the bunt was unexpected,,,just needed it to go 3 feet to the right esp w/Rizzo running. I also think Joe thought Addie was a decent back up plan and that was ONE awkward 3rd strike swing.. Speaking of Addie, just another 2 feet and we are up 3-0. Rajai the Cub killer. As the famous Grandpa Rossy would say~
"Turn the page, boys" (and I guess maybe they Like 4th place? These guys have never really been there before)
I sure wish they could shift tomorrows day off to July sometime.

Hopefully the Giants still suck this weekend.
Good. They're playing in Chicago this weekend. Won't have to sit up to watch the game finish until 2AM.

Addie joins in on the baby boom...#3 is on the way (3rd momma too, lol)
Congrat's on the expanding family Addie!
Dd-dwtuU8AEP74P.jpg
Dd-dwtsUwAA6hD9.jpg

Addie joins in on the baby boom...#3 is on the way (3rd momma too, lol)
Congrat's on the expanding family Addie!
I thought he only had one child and that with his ex-wife. I've read his divorce was in Pensacola and that's where she's from. I wonder if he picked her up on his way out of the courthouse. I know. Meow.

Has he been playing dodge ball with the two ex's instead of working on his game on the field?

But, on the bright side (for me at least), I can see the 3rd game with the Cubbies. I think I'm going to plan to take a day off from work and go REALLY early. Hey @Kewz1 , wanna come join us in Atlanta on the 30th? It will definitely be hotlanta in Aug, but would love to be able to cheer on our Cubbies together! I'm considering asking my brother and sister-in-law to come up as well. Maybe if I buy the tickets they will come. (Instead of the line from field of dreams.)

Ooh! That could be fun! And yes very hot too. I’m on the way home from my youngest’s grad trip so let me look over the calendar and chat with the hubs (he’s definitely interested though!).

We kept up with the Cubs while gone - a few times I’m glad I had a vacation to distract me! Come on, Cubbies!

Ooh! That could be fun! And yes very hot too. I’m on the way home from my youngest’s grad trip so let me look over the calendar and chat with the hubs (he’s definitely interested though!).

We kept up with the Cubs while gone - a few times I’m glad I had a vacation to distract me! Come on, Cubbies!
Let me know if y'all decide to. I can get a better deal on the tickets than you can, so if okay....
Tell me how much you want to spend and I'll get the best seats possible. Me, my wife, you and your hubby if that sounds kewl to kewz1 ;) (maybe your son if you want)
Personally, I'd like to try behind the Cubs dugout, but I don't want to commit y'all to that if you don't want to spend that much.

The My W flag would like to fly lineup

No JHey again...appears the mode of defensive replacement is starting. Knowing what I do on concussions and TBI after my DD was hit by a car, backward regression from his concussion is not rare or surprising, especially with the blow to the face he took on ATL. MOST fan's will be thrilled with this, but the guy sacrifices his body every time he goes out there and his arm, I mean, I hope it all works out

DeDFewBV0AEhuOx.jpg:large

Last edited:
Pssst. I don't think it's dodge ball he's been playing :ssst:.

Interesting thing, this new girlfriend was first reported on about 3 weeks ago.

she was st the Bricks & Ivy ball with him...thing is tho, they already know it's a boy so that mean's at least 10-12 weeks along . Addie is FOR SURE going to have to make bank for all these child support bills. He DOES seem to post pic's pretty often of his 2 children so I think he tries to see them as much as a baseball travel schedule allows, but what a challenge. At least all 3 Mom's are from FL , and all seems to be from Pensacola-ish area so that part is maybe convenient? Not to judge or assume but this off field image is not one Theo or Tom seem too favorable of. The heavy effort to trade Addie during the off season didn't pan out( as his talent IS worth more than what was being offered)but this kind of stuff doesn't help when trying to get top deal and want to show a responsible athlete/team mate. Some teams don't care...guess we will see.

Chicago-Cubs-W-flag-has-long-history.jpg&maxw=600&q=100&cb=20180525062833&cci_ts=20151021144142

Nicely done , Boy's! Kyle "cool as a cucumber" Hendricks kept the game in reach brilliantly and the Preacher come's through AGAIN! Zo is SO clutch!
ETA: I just re-watched Morrow get that last out...SO FILTHY IT'S UNFAIR!!!! It was like he said, ____ it...give me 60 seconds to end this, lol.

Last edited:
Wow! Did you ever see a fouler foul ball than that one that was called fair? Then he scored on the next hit. Really bad call by the third base ump.

AAJ would have caught that ball in Center Field that Happ missed.

Wow! Did you ever see a fouler foul ball than that one that was called fair? Then he scored on the next hit. Really bad call by the third base ump.

AAJ would have caught that ball in Center Field that Happ missed.
I was at the game and it looked like it was fair. I’ll need to dig up a replay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!