Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

just to put into perspective how good Cubs pitching was tonight....one hit, no walks, one HBP and 11K's. Well done, Cub's...well done.

Hey Robin...'memba when I mentioned Monty / Lester ironically had stellar games when Bosio was gone before? He is out again..(unfortunately took a line drive off his foot during BP..expected to be in MKE)...if Lester has a great game, it's going to be hard to ignore lol

Gives Davies an extra days rest
wonder if the Pirate's give ANY _'s ~ and actually prefer to NOT be swept by a 28 yr old's first major league appearance. Prob go 4 and bp the rest. Brault going for the Buc's...pitched 6 shutout innings against the Brewers his last outing against them. A repeat performance would be most appreciated, by us AND the Rockies.

Need to take care of our own business in Tampa...

Brewer rotation for the Cubs:

Davies, Woodruff, Suter, Anderson

Several posts ago someone showed a chart of clinch scenarios - unlike one I've ever seen. It showed what the other teams would have to do if the Cubs won every game remaining, lost only 1, lost only 2 etc. (Of course those scenarios mean they clinch). It showed how SEEMINGLY unlikely it was for the Brew to catch the Cubs - in that even if the Cubs split the rest of the games, the Brew would have to be near perfect.

I say "seemingly" because it can change VERY quickly.

Also I heard Len say a probability of team making the playoffs - and the Cubs are well over 90%. But I don't trust that, because I assume it's based on the current win percent. And again, that can change VERY quickly.

Because - what happens if the Cubs only win one of four from the Brewers? Depends on tonight of course, but we could go into next week anywhere from 1.5 game up to being a half game back.

So these scenarios and percentages have a huge variation in them. And in order to have a positive mindset, the Cubs really need to split at worst against them. As defending champs - on the road - I'd say that's more pressure than the Brewers have.

But I do feel they are up to the task. Go Cubs!

meant to post last night but anyone notice anything different about Javy last night? The ElMago braid extensions are no longer . I was worried at first, thought oh no, the winning streak...but then that tag at 3rd ~ all good.

Last edited:
Several posts ago someone showed a chart of clinch scenarios - unlike one I've ever seen. It showed what the other teams would have to do if the Cubs won every game remaining, lost only 1, lost only 2 etc. (Of course those scenarios mean they clinch). It showed how SEEMINGLY unlikely it was for the Brew to catch the Cubs - in that even if the Cubs split the rest of the games, the Brew would have to be near perfect.

Also I heard Len say a probability of team making the playoffs - and the Cubs are well over 90%. But I don't trust that, because I assume it's based on the current win percent. And again, that can change VERY quickly.

Because - what happens if the Cubs only win one of four from the Brewers? Depends on tonight of course, but we could go into next week anywhere from 1.5 game up to being a half game back.

So these scenarios and percentages have a huge variation in them. And in order to have a positive mindset, the Cubs really need to split at worst against them. As defending champs - on the road - I'd say that's more pressure than the Brewers have.

Then that would mean the Brewers win 6 out of 7 games against the Cubs in the home stretch. The Brewers would deserve it at that point.

I posted the chart, and yes...you have to account for variables. Even tho all 3 won last night (Cubs, Brewers, Card's) Cubs gained the slightest of edge simply by the calendar moving one game . The road team always has it tougher, which is why the Brewers getting the Marlin series AT HOME is such BS...the Rockies fan's are really hot about it , as you can imagine. The Cubs absolutely could drop behind, but a split w/Milawaukee is realistic. Cubs play well at Miller Park but this time it will be play-off atmosphere. Sat changed from a night to day game is the one that concerns me the most. Davies is Thursday but he's not invincible.(got hit off of by the Marlin's..so he got an extra days rest) Cubs do have to get runs on the board early, and the day Lackey pitches he will have to keep his cool. Then there's the Cardinal's..even tho we have a decent lead on them, they can do damage to MKE chances. Absolutely no guarantees in baseball. Injuries, Umps, weather...all come into play~ chart was to give general perspective/outcome scenario's. Cub's have to take care of their own business...so far, so good!

images

Good point regarding if they take 6 of 7 from the Cubs in the stretch, they earned it.

And yet...the Brew still has to get past the 3 against the Cards at the end.

EXCELLENT scheduling by MLB, I would say!

Good point regarding if they take 6 of 7 from the Cubs in the stretch, they earned it.

The way the Brewers have been this year, I could see them sweeping us and then getting swept by the Cards.

images
LETS GO JON! PLACT!
images

The defensive Wall of Wonder is BACK! The Lester back up has been deployed.

DKL5N9vUQAAvI4Z.jpg

DKMKgqpWsAUjNbS.jpg

Hoping Zobie has a better games against Snell than his last, but his familiarity w/the Trop and that ball eating roof important. Tommy might still be nursing an injury. Gonna be a hard fought game, Lester has to keep Longoria from sending it out. I'm not above the IW, lol.

images

Just keep taking care of our own business...game by game.

Last edited:

It certainly is exciting the way the schedule is planned so we play division rivals down the stretch.

I'm mulling over going to tomorrow's Cubs game at Miller Park but I'm on the fence. It'll be a complete zoo and I'll either have to go alone or with *gulp* a Brewers fan.

It certainly is exciting the way the schedule is planned so we play division rivals down the stretch.

I'm mulling over going to tomorrow's Cubs game at Miller Park but I'm on the fence. It'll be a complete zoo and I'll either have to go alone or with *gulp* a Brewers fan.
same Brewer friend who was so obnoxious at Wrigley? Pass. I am just as stressed over tonight's game as I am the Brewer series. Jon doesn't have great numbers against TB. Time to change that.

PR flooding devastating. Entire island w/out power expecting it to take 3-4 months to get it back. Our players have to be worried sick about family and friends

PR flooding devastating. Entire island w/out power expecting it to take 3-4 months to get it back. Our players have to be worried sick about family and friends
It has to be terrible for them not knowing if their family is safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter