Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

giphy.gif
CUB'S 1/2 GAME IN FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from the Cub's snapchat...
DFttkPzXcAA4lNY.jpg

and yesterday's:
DFtu3nkXcAApQHx.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Jake in complete command tonight, good to see with Victor catching. Jon Jay , WHAT a catch in the first!:worship::worship::worship: Rizzo had the hot bat tonight, 4 RBI's and Scwarb's/ Jay with RBI's as well, and Russell Ins Agency show's up again! JHey a few walks, and wow he ALMOST had that homer. I thought he had it at first.Glad KB finally connected on one. Happ struggling, he's due..hoping it happens about 90 miles N. of here. Nice to see Monty, and even better he was able to close it out. Let's keep this rolling and take the series tomorrow before heading to Milwaukee Friday. (
they face Scherzer tomorrow )

Last edited:
Woo hoo. Go cubs go!

Managed to see a few innings. Jake looked good. Good movement and placement. Was happy to see Schwarbs with an RBI single...don't have to hit a HR every time. W00t! Good solid RBI hits for many of the guys. I know HRs are s*xy, but no defense against good solid hits. Good base running on the up the middle deflection (Zoby or KB? or was that Rizzo). Not so good Zoby running on Rizzo getting caught in run down...that was close to a double play :scared:

Last edited:
My song choice starting in the 5th was "This is the game that never ends..." Always glad for a W regardless of how long it took to get though!

Hoping they close out the series with another W tonight!

S
My song choice starting in the 5th was "This is the game that never ends..." Always glad for a W regardless of how long it took to get though!

Hoping they close out the series with another W tonight!
AMEN!!!!!

Woo hoo. Go cubs go!

Managed to see a few innings. Jake looked good. Good movement and placement. Was happy to see Schwarbs with an RBI single...don't have to hit a HR every time. W00t! Good solid RBI hits for many of the guys. I know HRs are s*xy, but no defense against good solid hits. Good base running on the up the middle deflection (Zoby or KB? or was that Rizzo). Not so good Zoby running on Rizzo getting caught in run down...that was close to a double play :scared:
Actually, that's WHY Rizzo kept the run down going, so Zobie could get to second. Riz knew he was out so at least get Zobie to 2nd replacing himself. That's something Addie needs to work on, as when it happens to him he gets tagged right away, needs to learn the stall so the batter can get to the next base. The Sox almost threw the ball away on that run down too..would have been awesome. JHey masters the stall and I have seen him try and yell it to Addie, lol... Also Zobie being tagged at home, while he didn't have to run, it DID prevent a double play there keeping the inning alive. It just feels nice to go to bed infirst and actually wake up still in first, lol. I can see tonight's game but not tomorrow's :sad:..but will have Pat &Ron to get me thru that, lol.

I enjoyed this W in particular as it was double nice. Beating the Sox and earning 1st place from the same game, extra~nice

I heard the boy who was clocked at the end of the game by that foul is ok....I sure hope so, that was hard to watch.

Last edited:

I loved watching Rossy and Sut doing the game! :goodvibes (And Jason too. ;))
We saw Sut in town(across the street) over the 4th weekend. I had my Cubs WS Champs Tee on and DH was wearing Champs hat. I saw him said Hey Sut!
and gave a very excited thumbs up lol. He waved & said What a team , huh?..it was great.

Actually, that's WHY Rizzo kept the run down going, so Zobie could get to second. Riz knew he was out so at least get Zobie to 2nd replacing himself. That's something Addie needs to work on, as when it happens to him he gets tagged right away, needs to learn the stall so the batter can get to the next base. The Sox almost threw the ball away on that run down too..would have been awesome. JHey masters the stall and I have seen him try and yell it to Addie, lol... Also Zobie being tagged at home, while he didn't have to run, it DID prevent a double play there keeping the inning alive. It just feels nice to go to bed infirst and actually wake up still in first, lol. I can see tonight's game but not tomorrow's :sad:..but will have Pat &Ron to get me thru that, lol.

I enjoyed this W in particular as it was double nice. Beating the Sox and earning 1st place from the same game, extra~nice

I heard the boy who was clocked at the end of the game by that foul is ok....I sure hope so, that was hard to watch.

I know WHY Rizzo did what he did...I was just stating Zoby almost got rang up too. I wasn't criticizing Rizzo...he did the right thing. I was stating Zoby's advance was risky. My concern was if Rizzo COULD have gotten back to 2nd and not be out in the rundown, then one or the other would be out. If he managed to get back to 2nd and Zoby had stayed put,we would have had runners on 1st AND 2nd. On the other hand, if Rizzo were to escape and get to 3rd, even better. If Rizzo is out AND Zoby gets thrown out, much worse.

The funny thing about Zoby's at home deal...I think he actually expected them to throw to first and he'd score. When the play came to home, he looked surprised and/or caught of guard. :rotfl:

I know WHY Rizzo did what he did...I was just stating Zoby almost got rang up too. I wasn't criticizing Rizzo...he did the right thing. I was stating Zoby's advance was risky. My concern was if Rizzo COULD have gotten back to 2nd and not be out in the rundown, then one or the other would be out. If he managed to get back to 2nd and Zoby had stayed put,we would have had runners on 1st AND 2nd. On the other hand, if Rizzo were to escape and get to 3rd, even better. If Rizzo is out AND Zoby gets thrown out, much worse.

The funny thing about Zoby's at home deal...I think he actually expected them to throw to first and he'd score. When the play came to home, he looked surprised and/or caught of guard. :rotfl:
Zobie waited tho, until he knew Riz had no chance. Runs pretty dang good for 36, I think :thumbsup2 Just heard Brewers are down 9-0. They face the Card's after us and right now both Dex and Wainright on the DL for them. Another break for the Brew Crew. We just need to take care of our business and really hope that Kyle gets back to himself on the mound, soon. FO has one more outing to see him before the deadline. A catcher is , I think, happening, but I bet they would rather not have to deplete for another starter. It CAN be done after the deadline but :headache: what a PITA.

Let's take the series tonight! Here's the lineup~

(
I may be the only person on earth OK w/Happ keeping Javy company tonight)

images
images
images

DFw6X-RXUAAYWSy.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-27_17-59-16.jpeg
    upload_2017-7-27_17-59-16.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1
Happy they are facing the Brewers with another series win. :cheer2:

Let's keep this up! W W W W W W W W!!
Yep. Brewers pitching has been hot (well, not today for them..yikes, 4 homers in a row hit off them!), Suter will be a challenge, for sure, but need to keep scoring early and get to their bullpen. Also their new trade/closer from the Sox was activated today. Hoping the fact that we just saw him is a benefit. Brewers were 2-8 on their road trip, I hope the black cloud followed them home, lol.

Yep. Brewers pitching has been hot (well, not today for them..yikes, 4 homers in a row hit off them!), Suter will be a challenge, for sure, but need to keep scoring early and get to their bullpen. Also their new trade/closer from the Sox was activated today. Hoping the fact that we just saw him is a benefit. Brewers were 2-8 on their road trip, I hope the black cloud followed them home, lol.

They've given up 43 runs over the past 6 games. Of course, I'm sure that means they will shut the Cubs out tomorrow. That seems to be the pattern with the Cubbies.

Guess we will see after Kyle's outing what Theo is going to do...but watching Koji gift a bomb on his first pitch can't be ignored. Dodger's going hard after any/all the top pitcher's on the trade block. On a side note, I know GRF is a tox box for homers, so I hope the Cub's got it out of their system and get back to the small ball contagious hitting. Still a lot of K's happening. On the up side STL lost today too:thumbsup2
Q needs to introduce himself to the Brewers tomorrow, and leave a lasting impression.

Wow, Schwarbs was on a tear last night from what I saw in the recap. Saw his first homer in the 4th and had to call it quits not too longer after that, but the recap said he got a triple and another homer! You go boy!!! His average is still much lower, but he's working towards making up for the first half of the season. Let's go Cubbies. We're greedy...we want more wins. :jumping1:

So the Brewers Paolo Espino being scratched in AAA today~ and we hit well off of him so kind of a head-scratcher to me, but OK. Get their starter out early. Maybe their pitching system is that out of sorts? Appears Wrigley North is sold out for the series, gonna be a sea of Cubbie Blue & stands are going to be raucous for sure. While the W'Ville bars booze 'em up before a game, the bar prices are basically about the same as in the park, *sometimes* curtailing the level of intoxication. Outside Miller Park the shuttles transport fans back/forth from the more budget friendly bars...resulting in more fans hammered and reaching that stage faster. Last time we were there Brewer fans were throwing crap at us, wouldn't step back in the aisle when needing to walk past, mouth's that never shut up, like, I mean, the WHOLE game. Stick a brat in it. Another time when we were there years ago and my kids were little my DS said he never wanted to go back there again the people around us were so disgustingly rude, yelling at little kids, telling mine how ugly they look in Cubs gear, going to grow up brain damaged, us parents ruining their lives etc. Yeah, my kids saw me and DH get in the face of Brewer's fans and call for Andy Frain.(who did nothing, which then resulted in my family suddenly having to get up 5 times an inning and step on your feet each time and stand up in front of the loud mouth behind me and put my hands on the back of my head , arms out) Difference is I remember it and so do my kids, but those fans were so inebriated they prob barely found their way home. It's a shame as it is physically a nice park . Oh, and no wind blowing in to rob a homer. Fun rivalries are good...I hope this weekend doesn't get out of hand.
Personally, since I was at the 7/6 game, I would love a little payback this weekend. Just no cookies to Thames or Shaw please.
GO CUBS! LETS MAKE THE BREW-CREW GO BREW-HOO!!!!!!!!!!

images
CoFXJzrVIAAI7BP.jpg

So the Brewers Paolo Espino being scratched in AAA today~ and we hit well off of him so kind of a head-scratcher to me, but OK. Get their starter out early. Maybe their pitching system is that out of sorts? Appears Wrigley North is sold out for the series, gonna be a sea of Cubbie Blue & stands are going to be raucous for sure. While the W'Ville bars booze 'em up before a game, the bar prices are basically about the same as in the park, *sometimes* curtailing the level of intoxication. Outside Miller Park the shuttles transport fans back/forth from the more budget friendly bars...resulting in more fans hammered and reaching that stage faster. Last time we were there Brewer fans were throwing crap at us, wouldn't step back in the aisle when needing to walk past, mouth's that never shut up, like, I mean, the WHOLE game. Stick a brat in it. Another time when we were there years ago and my kids were little my DS said he never wanted to go back there again the people around us were so disgustingly rude, yelling at little kids, telling mine how ugly they look in Cubs gear, going to grow up brain damaged, us parents ruining their lives etc. Yeah, my kids saw me and DH get in the face of Brewer's fans and call for Andy Frain.(who did nothing, which then resulted in my family suddenly having to get up 5 times an inning and step on your feet each time and stand up in front of the loud mouth behind me and put my hands on the back of my head , arms out) Difference is I remember it and so do my kids, but those fans were so inebriated they prob barely found their way home. It's a shame as it is physically a nice park . Oh, and no wind blowing in to rob a homer. Fun rivalries are good...I hope this weekend doesn't get out of hand.
Personally, since I was at the 7/6 game, I would love a little payback this weekend. Just no cookies to Thames or Shaw please.
GO CUBS! LETS MAKE THE BREW-CREW GO BREW-HOO!!!!!!!!!!
It's sad that some folks can't distinguish between rooting FOR their team and being an obnoxious ******* to the other team.
Same thing when I went to Dolphins/Patriots game on new year's with my son & grandson. The pat fan that sat next to me was cheering when a Dolphin player got hurt. I said something and they eventually (thankfully) moved to a different area, but some of the other pats fans near me thought he was a total *** as well. Same thing with NY fans at Jets/Dolphins games, same thing with Philly fans just about anywhere I've ever been. Even though the Mets and Braves are a rivalry, I've not seen the Mets fans do that so thankful for at least some semblance of decency there. Obviously being drunk makes some folks more obnoxious, but I think it's more a factor of they're obnoxious to begin with, the alcohol just makes it more prevalent.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter