Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

That loss is solely on the relief pitchers. I'm still flabbergasted. Hoping for some redemption tomorrow!

Come on back, Doc! It's not like that loss could have gotten much worse!
as horrific as the bullpen was, and yes, they put the game out of reach, and it was JUST the Oriole's game 1 where we gave up 8~ I still have to factor in the RISP. Honestly...you just can't give the opponent a break like that, 3 different innings. Especially STL . I just read Polanco out with a hammy...that guy sure does get hurt a lot. Says he's day to day...take your time Polanco. LOL...giggling because a game we went to last year, (6/17 Willy's debut!) we were in the bleachers and a guy 2 rows over was about 10 beers in. Polanco was playing center, we were up 5-0 and this guy was just heckling the crud out of him...kept calling "Hey Pistachio!", Pinnochio, potato lol...everything but Polanco~ and he had the total Chicago accent..Hay Pissst"ASH"eeeO, omg we were dying. So now, running joke at our house.

HOLY COW...ATL beating the Dodgers 12-1 in the 6th and AZ hit b2b homers off of Scherzer! Up 5-4. Bucco's trouncing CO 13-5 tho :scared: C-R-A-Z-Y day of baseball

Last edited:
That loss is solely on the relief pitchers. I'm still flabbergasted. Hoping for some redemption tomorrow!

Come on back, Doc! It's not like that loss could have gotten much worse!
I'll be coming back.
As I said, I'm not at all superstitious, but I figured as long as we kept winning, I'd stay away (although I confess partly because I was just so busy also)
Won't be able to watch again today, because we're heading up into the mountains this afternoon/evening and my phone doesn't get signal up there.

So I just saw the Schwarb's missed catch in the 8th...while the bp was already imploding..missung that really hurt.

KB IS BACK!

Let's Go Lester...even things up!
DFWvfxxXoAAgOol.jpg

Pinning my hopes on Addie and Anthony's bats, w/Willy and Zobie coming up clutch
Molina back for Card's...and when I watched highlight's I saw Dex collided Pham...Dex back to his Cub days covering lot's of territory.

UPDATE:
Montgomery moving back to bullpen. Felix Pena coming to join bullpen. Both pitchers available today if necessary. La Stella optioned down.

rotation update for Crosstown series: Hendricks will pitch Monday, Lackey Tues, Arrieta Wed & Lester Thursday.

Last edited:

CSN replaying the game at 8 tonight :woohoo:(I think Central time, check your listings)

and on a sad note, Lester pitched that incredible game bearing the loss of his Uncle yesterday~had an Angel on his shoulder :littleangel:

Last edited:
Revenge of the 8th Inning!!!!
omg...did you see Zobie's Darth Vader choke hold again? And then Rizzo looked like he did similar. Good thing Pham was sleeping in the 8th...he totally did not see Rizzo's hit, Fowler had to play it. Great throw by Dex but Yadi couldn't handle it to get KB

omg...did you see Zobie's Darth Vader choke hold again? And then Rizzo looked like he did similar. Good thing Pham was sleeping in the 8th...he totally did not see Rizzo's hit, Fowler had to play it. Great throw by Dex but Yadi couldn't handle it to get KB

I missed it today but did see it in another game.

Edited to add: just saw the video! Love it!

Q'S Wrigley debut as a Cub...I am hoping what he witnessed from the crown yesterday is a motivator. He hasn't had many at bats but I read his last one was an RBI :thumbsup2.He is facing
images

Brewers and Bucco's both currently losing~ This could be a very good day.

Oh and Happ is 2/3 against Wacha...and those *2* are home runs !:woohoo:JHey's #'s not so good, but boy did he smoke that triple yesterday so GO JHEY!
Lets-Go_Rizzo-2.jpg

DFcX7O1XsAAOkuH.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of trade rumors about the Cubs. Olney reports they are still interested in a backup catcher like Avila as well as SP's like Darvish and Gray. They're also interested in adding to their bullpen and are considering guys like Zach Britton or Pat Neshek.

51P-JDqruBL._SL1000_.jpg

9801ddc5e97b674cd328e7cc8cb9ea2f--cubs-baseball-baseball-stuff.jpg

Cubs are tied for first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brewers lost. Pirate's lost.

Jhey defense...saves us AGAIN! Willy's defense..ditto..but SCHWARBERS DEFENSE?!?!?!?!?!:worship::worship::worship: That throw from left to Addie to Willy to get Carpenter at home? HUGE! Carpenter trying to be all KB , thinking he could score from 1st. Then, all 3 of these same guys with the offense? :worship::worship::worship: Kyle's bomb, boy does he love the Bud Board. Willy's...the kid who caught it was almost as sweet as the homer itself. That kid isn't sleeping tonight, lol. THRILLED with Hector and CJ, especially since CJ got it together after Boz trip to the mound and erased ALL 8th doubts! Cardinal's had Q's number from the first pitch, but WE NEVER QUIT!

Kyle back tomorrow against the Sox!

and I don't know how Joe Buck is gong to get through life while Kershaw is on the DL..I really don't.

51P-JDqruBL._SL1000_.jpg

9801ddc5e97b674cd328e7cc8cb9ea2f--cubs-baseball-baseball-stuff.jpg

Cubs are tied for first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brewers lost. Pirate's lost.

Jhey defense...saves us AGAIN! Willy's defense..ditto..but SCHWARBERS DEFENSE?!?!?!?!?!:worship::worship::worship: That throw from left to Addie to Willy to get Carpenter at home? HUGE! Carpenter trying to be all KB , thinking he could score from 1st. Then, all 3 of these same guys with the offense? :worship::worship::worship: Kyle's bomb, boy does he love the Bud Board. Willy's...the kid who caught it was almost as sweet as the homer itself. That kid isn't sleeping tonight, lol. THRILLED with Hector and CJ, especially since CJ got it together after Boz trip to the mound and erased ALL 8th doubts! Cardinal's had Q's number from the first pitch, but WE NEVER QUIT!

Kyle back tomorrow against the Sox!

and I don't know how Joe Buck is gong to get through life while Kershaw is on the DL..I really don't.

I only got to see a couple of innings. Saw Contreras' 2 run (just barely) HR. Good catch by that young kid. Have to hope these are in the highlights.

That was just a good game! I've been watching my nephews (3&4) so they are now Cubs fans. Pretty cute to hear them boo the "Dirty Birds." :teacher::smooth::laughing:

Anyway, I was so happy for CJ after the 8th! His joy was evident!!

And can I just say how glad I am Willson Contreras is on OUR team??? Love that guy!

That was just a good game! I've been watching my nephews (3&4) so they are now Cubs fans. Pretty cute to hear them boo the "Dirty Birds." :teacher::smooth::laughing:

Anyway, I was so happy for CJ after the 8th! His joy was evident!!

And can I just say how glad I am Willson Contreras is on OUR team??? Love that guy!
they poured water on Willson in the dugout to help cool him off some after his homer and I was like, "Don't put Willy's hair out!" lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!