Chef Mickey - How do we get there and how much time will it take?

BillyLitt

Disney Vacations 12/2007, 12/2009, 11/2010.....11/
I know its at Contemporary, but I'm not sure how to get there. We are staying offsite. I hope to make breakfast reservations.

Do we get on any monorail and ask to stop at Contemporary or is there a specific one to get one?

How long will it take to get from the parking lot to Chef Mickey?

Thanks!

From the Transportation and Ticket Center parking lot, you will take a tram (or walk if you wish or are parked up front) to the monorail areas. You will get on the resorts monorail, which will stop 1st at the Poly, then the Grand Floridian, then the MK, then the Contemporary. When you get off, take the escalator down one level to Chef Mickeys. I would allow at least 1/2 hour from the time you park to do all of this.

If you are not going to the MK on the day that you are eating at CM, you should be able to park in the Contemporary's parking lot -- I think you can do this for a few hours, but you will be ticketed if you try to stay longer.

Since you are staying offsite, I assume you have a car????

If so, then you can park in the CR parking lot and just walk into the resort--no monorail necessary! I believe you will receive a 3 hr parking pass which prohibits guests from parking at CR and leaving their car for the whole day while they tour MK.

If you will be at, say, MK and you are heading over to CM later for Breakfast, you can take the resort monorail to MK or even just walk directly from MK to CR. Not much time, really.

As far as how long breakfast takes, it really depends on you. On some trips it seems to take forever for all of the characters to make the circuit. Other times, it seems pretty quick. I'd say minimum 1 hour once you are seated.

Kerri

If you are driving and have confirmed reservations, you can part at Contemporary no problem. If you are planning either MK or EPCOT that day, park in the TTC lot so you don't have to move your car again. From parking in TTC, have at least 30 minutes to get to CM.

Once you are there, how much you can eat will determaine how long you are there. We are usually there for about 1 1/2hours. With that amount of time we always see each character at least once. We also get to participate in the festivities at least 2 or 3 times.

Don't overeat or you will have a hard time making your way through the parks for the rest of the day.

Have fun!

Thanks everyone!

Our reservations will be early, probably before 8AM. I didn't know there were resort monorails, that answered one question.

The other question was how long it took to get from the parking lot to the restaurant.

Everything is clear now. Thanks!

Since you are off site and have to drive I would pay to valet at the Contemporary. I am assuming you are planning to go to MK after? Maybe not, but if you are then you have to pay to park anyway, may as well valet at the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter