Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'

Lance J

Earning My Ears
After hearing the reviews of Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' on the Dis, I had to give it a try. I have to say it was a pleasant surprise, the food was wonderful for the most part. The Deviled Eggs appetizer was a little bland, and the bacon was not very crispy, my doughnut dissert was good but not great. Now for the wonderful, I had the signature fried chicken dish, outstanding some of the best fried chicken I have had and the portions were huge. The Kid had the children's burger and it was also huge and appealing. The price is on the lower end of moderate dinning for Disney, $100 for two adults and one child, 1 appetizer, 1 alcoholic beverage (cucumber martini) two dishes, one child's meal, and two disserts. Next time I think we will try one entre, one child's, and two appetizers. We left so mush food on the plate, portions are huge.

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' is currently our favorite.

PS, they give military discounts (same discount as PASS holder but discount entire meal), Annual Pass (discount meal excluding alcohol) , and they take the CHASE rewards card!

Nice review but I have had the sort of opposite of you. I tell people to go just for the deviled eggs. Love them but I actually like the fried chicken at 50's Primetime a lot more. But I am glad you enjoyed it and I did not know about the military discount. I must carry my ID on our next trip when I go get those deviled eggs.

I have not asked for military discount in the past, the server when she brought the check she listed a bunch of discount options and that was one of them. I have not eaten at 50's Prime Time Café, thank you for the tip, when at Disney Holly Wood Studios I have only eaten at the Brown Derby and fast serve.

We greatly enjoyed it when we went in February, and will be going back on our trip this month. We loved the hummingbird cake and the Shine cake for desert. I honestly can't remember which was my favorite. I also kind of liked the moonshine flights, just something a bit different.

We enjoyed it as well, everything was very yummy but so heavy. I've been doing WW and not used to eating like that - the only two times I really felt it was at Homecoming and at a dessert party. I guess I shouldn't have gotten the cheese and bacon on my mashed potatoes. :P

My husband got the apple pie moonshine cocktail and I can't stop thinking about it, it was so good. I'm going to try to see if I can find a recipe somewhere.

I have been to Chef Art’s twice now , the service has been top notch both times :) After falling in love the the creamy deviled eggs I was surprised to see that they switched from bacon to an onion topping , gotta say I liked the bacon sooo much better but than everything tastes better with bacon . The fried chicken and mashed taters were very tasty as well and I look forward to a long relationship with this restaurant !!

We are trying to decide between Chef Art Smith's and Morimoto Asia. I am not sure I will want deviled eggs, bit the Chef Art's menu looks great.

I hear so many great things about Homecomin, but then their sunday brunch flopped... I have adr for brunch in Dec.. I hope it turns around by then!!!

After hearing the reviews of Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' on the Dis, I had to give it a try. I have to say it was a pleasant surprise, the food was wonderful for the most part. The Deviled Eggs appetizer was a little bland, and the bacon was not very crispy, my doughnut dissert was good but not great. Now for the wonderful, I had the signature fried chicken dish, outstanding some of the best fried chicken I have had and the portions were huge. The Kid had the children's burger and it was also huge and appealing. The price is on the lower end of moderate dinning for Disney, $100 for two adults and one child, 1 appetizer, 1 alcoholic beverage (cucumber martini) two dishes, one child's meal, and two disserts. Next time I think we will try one entre, one child's, and two appetizers. We left so mush food on the plate, portions are huge.

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' is currently our favorite.

PS, they give military discounts (same discount as PASS holder but discount entire meal), Annual Pass (discount meal excluding alcohol) , and they take the CHASE rewards card!

I totally agree about the deviled eggs. They were big and had a lot of filling, but the filling was bland. I tend to do pretty flavorful ones when I make it though. I like to add stone ground mustard, horseradish, curry, or smoked Spanish paprika (sweet or spicy). My son's chicken tenders were amazing. I don't usually like fried chicken because of the skin and bones. Those tenders are the best of both worlds, and it came with 2 large sides.

So glad you liked it - we are eating there for a late lunch/early dinner and I am looking forward to the fried chicken dinner.

Silly question....is the chicken really crispy? I hate soggy fried chicken lol!!

My son and daughter in law ate there last week and said the chicken was not crispy enough.
While they enjoyed the meal, they were a little disappointed in the chicken.

I have reservations there for brunch in Feb. I am hoping for a better piece!

I have eaten here five times since opening and have found it to be the most consistent restaurant in Disney Springs. We prefer eating there for lunch, though we haven't had a bad dinner. I haven't tried the brunch. The Church-Lady Deviled Eggs are a must. I haven't noticed any decline in quality. As someone who doesn't eat chicken, I was initially worried about eating at a place known mostly for their fried chicken. But their other options, including the BBQ Pork Plate and Fried Catfish are excellent. I'd take their barbecue pork over Polite Pig's any day.

I am also impressed by the design, it is airy and open, which reduces the crowdedness that could otherwise be overwhelming since it's always packed. As a lifelong Florida resident, I enjoy eating at a restaurant that celebrates its Floridian roots.

Went in November with my bf to the bar and the bartender made me a Bootlegger! Not on the menu anymore, but he didn't mind making them for me, said he missed making them and was trying to get them back on the menu. And we shared the chicken and dumpling soup, and it was DELICIOUS. Tasted just like a chicken pot pie! We had a great time!

We ate here last night and it was a favorite of our whole trip.

My husband got a whiskey flight with a beer chaser and candied pecans - he greatly enjoyed it - a little pricey at $28. I got iced tea.

We both got the fried chicken which was flavorful and juicy with a crisp coating.

Yummy mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.

A cheddar drop biscuit.

I had the donuts for dessert which I did nit enjoy. My DH had a chocolate pecupie which he loved.

Have been twice and it has been outstanding both times. I consider myself a fried chicken connoisseur and it’s some of the best I’ve ever had. Also, pro tip: if you order the fried chicken meal that comes with mashed potatoes, ask for your potatoes to be made “cheesy.” Cheesy garlic mashed potatoes that when I had them last time, I had no less than five people come up and ask what they were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter