checking out late

Whosemom

DIS Veteran
:jester: just to balance the checking in discussions :p

Say I'm trying to wring every last drop of fun out of my stay. is it ok to pack up, drag the camper out to the parking lot and leave it there while we go off for more fun?

(who am I kidding, by day 7 we'll one happy TIRED family :crazy: )

yes you can park the camper in the front parking lot, if you desire the actual campsite and it is available you can request a late checkout for an additional charge i'm sure.

hang onto your parking pass and you can park at the theme parks for free.

You better believe it's OK. If you really want to stretch out your stay, get to FW early (7:00 am) and if your site is not ready, park in the lot and start your stay from there.

If you are going to have UPH's, they are good until midnight of the day you check out. Just park in the big lot (at the 2nd entrance - the one with the Pioneer Hall parking sign) and go have fun until you drop!!

We have done it several times. You are even welcome to go back in FW and swim or whatever. I would rather leave the camper in the parking lot at FW and us Disney Transportation when going to any of the parks except AK. AK has a special parking lot for campers that is not far from the front gate. At all the rest of the parks you have to park at the very end of a row and that can be a very long walk.

Regarding late CHECKOUT:

In June of '02 we were given until 1:00 to clear off the site just by asking (no extra charge). This year (checked out 8/2) we were told "No late checkouts" period when we called the front desk. We had concerns about getting the campsite cleared by 11:00, so they graciously granted until 11:15! LOL We were told we could pay for an additional DAY if we needed more time.

Actually, it was after noon before we got everything packed away, but we did officially "check out" by 11:00. Front desk asked if site was cleared when we settled up, and no biggie when we honestly said no. Our card still opened the gate and we had no troubles returning to finish up. We did get a couple of looks from the cast member assigned to clean our site, but it didn't seem like a big deal. We'll try to get around quicker next time, but we just had too much stuff to pack up this trip (tent camping)!

We had "technical" difficulties with our HiLo (wouldn't lower) and I called the front desk at about 10:30 when it was apparent that we wouldn't be out of there in a half our. They told me no problem, just call them when we were finished so they could update their system. We called them at about 11:50. They were quite courteous. :)

I think for the most part they will be pretty accomodating if you have a problem like always quiet did and you notify them. Like any of the hotels, they have to establish a time for people to vacate so the staff can come in and clean up, and as you well know, Disney does a pretty good job cleaning up a site to prepare it for the next camper. With 1 pm check in times, they can't afford to have campers leaving their rigs on a site so they can have one more day in the parks.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter