Checking in early...

Fantasia Girl

Fort Wilderness is my second home :)
We plan to arrive at FW before the official check-in of 1:00, this will be a first for us, we are usually setting up in the dark;) Do they usually have sites ready for check-in before 1:00? If not, what do you do?

you can check in early, if your site is ready you are good to go, if not you can still check in and park in the front parking lot and check back later for your site number.

Cool, hopefully our site will be ready. I will just feel so much more at *home* when the camper is all hooked up!;)

We leave our driveway at 5:00 AM and get to the Reception Outpost by 7:35 AM to check in. Many times the site has been ready so we set up and are ready to start the days events by 9:00 AM. When the site is not ready we just park in the big parking lot and start our day from there. No matter where we are after check in the Magic is already flowing at full force.
Back to FW in 10 days with our 2yo and 4yo grandsons.

OKW-DVC Member

When we checked in on Sunday 7/13, it was only 11 am, and our site wasn't ready. I went to the Outpost to check the charging privileges on our cards, and while I was there, a wonderful woman at the desk (sorry I can't remember her name) looked in the book and found a site in the same loop that was ready, and gave us that one!! And it was better than the one we would have had if we waited - so don't hesitate to go to the Outpost and ask!!!

Have a great trip :D Wish we were going back soon.....

It depends a lot on the time of year and the day of the week that you are checking in. If it is a peak time of year on a Sat. or Sunday you will have to have a handful of pixie dust to get your site early. Mondays are the best days to check in with no wait. The campground really clears out on most Sundays. However, as others have said you can still check in and get all the paperwork done and get you resort keys. You are free to park in the outpost parking lot and use the bus system to go any place you like. You may also go in to FW and start using the resort. You may call the front desk from any of the comfort stations on the white phone and they will give you your site number when it is ready. We always check in early so we can get started with the fun and avoid the long lines at check in time.

Thanks for the great replies! We are checking in on a Monday, so hopefully the campground is pretty empty:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter