Check-out Day, Luana Lounge and valuables

hopemax

Note to Self:
Just booked our 2nd visit to Aulani, but I know that use of the lounge and lockers has changed since our first visit. Before we had a locker for our phones, wallets, DH's tablet and my DSLR while we were swimming. But now there's a time limit and limited access? We will want access to these when we aren't swimming, and don't want to leave them poolside, so what do people do now? Is it possible to leave with front desk and then retrieve them 2 hours later?

I also just realized...last time we swam in the morning and showered, changed in our room right before check-out. Then had lunch, took some pictures, etc. Then we changed back into swimwear in the lounge had our swim, and then needed to change back. If the new access limits access to the lounge to one time only, then we can only change into or change out of our clothes not both...then what...use the regular bathroom for the other? Is this really Aulani's expectation of guests now?

Last edited:
I don't know much about the lounges, but the lack of changing room was my big (only) complaint about Aulani. I changed my kids in the AMA AMA bathrooms multiple times when they were going to Auntys after the pool or beach. Our room was way up in the front of the resort so far from all these places. Also... The bathrooms by the infinity pool were really tiny. My only guess is because they are public beaches, they don't want to encourage people to linger if they aren't resort guests.

Google KYSS bags. I never bought one, but I considered it. We basically just carried out room keys around. DH had a water proof lanyard thing for his phone that worked well.

Did you ever get more info on this? Not sure if you already had your trip. We also have a later flight out on departure day so I'd like to know more about how the lounge works....

I am also interested in this issue. We have a late check out coming up at what will be a busy time of year. I can only find an old thread right after the rules changed for the lounge. Can you go in and out of the lounge more than one time now?

We were there in late January and used the lounge on our last day. The lockers (in the change rooms) had a sign saying they were for 30-min storage while you were showering only. I didn't use them and I don't know if that was being enforced or not. However, we came and went from the lounge multiple times throughout the day, so exiting/entering definitely wasn't an issue.

We were there in late January and used the lounge on our last day. The lockers (in the change rooms) had a sign saying they were for 30-min storage while you were showering only. I didn't use them and I don't know if that was being enforced or not. However, we came and went from the lounge multiple times throughout the day, so exiting/entering definitely wasn't an issue.
I'm using the lounge today and we were told you can only get access one time. Haven't gone in yet, so I don't know about a locker time limit.

Only one time seems ridiculous -- is it still crazy busy? We will be there spring break peak time and need to use the lounge before our late flight. The lack of consistency is frustrating.

I thought people left their luggage with bell services?

I'm assuming you can - they don't come and get your luggage, and many of the other families had their luggage in the room too.

It's a fabulous room - and gives you one last chance to get some pool time in and get a nice shower in before he long plane ride

Thank you . . we just changed our flight home from 10 am to 8 pm, essentially giving us one more day in paradise at no extra expense. I am so excited to get there I can hardly wait!

I thought people left their luggage with bell services?

Yes, you can leave your baggage with bell service. When you leave your room, they will take it down for you. We just kept a small bag with the things we needed for the day as our flight didn't leave until 10 pm. We enjoyed most of the day at the resort.

I'm assuming you can - they don't come and get your luggage,
Sure they do. Just give them a call when you've got everything packed in your room and they will come up to get it. They will store it until you are ready to leave the resort.

The point I was trying to make is its not an automatic thing that happens - nor was it offered so just make sure you ask for the service to be arranged if you're choosing that option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter