cheapest way to buy annual pass (DVC)

Thanks everyone for the encouraging posts. :goodvibes
Curious if anyone else has upgraded recently, like within the last couple of months? :confused3

I upgraded 5 tickets this past week to dvc AP's, all on different days, at either MK or the International Gateway. Overall, no problems whatsoever. I started with a test of one ticket (mine) at MK just to confirm what the price would be...it ended up being $31.95 for the 6 day NE (purchased from UT before the price increase). Later in the week the one child's ticket cost $17. and change to upgrade.

One time at the IG the CM wanted to charge me $108. to upgrade an adult ticket. I said the ticket needed to be bridged up. She was the only one working the IG at the time and she seemed to have a bit of trouble with the process, but after I gave her my ticket upgraded from the previous day she figured it out. Not really a problem and if she hadn't been able to do it I would have gone forth and done it another day. The CM was completely polite about the whole process (as was I) and we both were left with a smile.

One CM asked me where I purchased the ticket, but had no problem with the upgrading.

Every single CM stated that the ticket would be backdated to date of first use of the MYW ticket, but a couple of times the expiration date was pushed forward to the day I did the upgrade; only one CM commented on this and from what I gathered it had to do with the order of operations during the upgrade.

Good luck with your upgrades and enjoy the savings!!!!

I upgraded 5 tickets this past week to dvc AP's, all on different days, at either MK or the International Gateway. Overall, no problems whatsoever. I started with a test of one ticket (mine) at MK just to confirm what the price would be...it ended up being $31.95 for the 6 day NE (purchased from UT before the price increase). Later in the week the one child's ticket cost $17. and change to upgrade.

One time at the IG the CM wanted to charge me $108. to upgrade an adult ticket. I said the ticket needed to be bridged up. She was the only one working the IG at the time and she seemed to have a bit of trouble with the process, but after I gave her my ticket upgraded from the previous day she figured it out. Not really a problem and if she hadn't been able to do it I would have gone forth and done it another day. The CM was completely polite about the whole process (as was I) and we both were left with a smile.

One CM asked me where I purchased the ticket, but had no problem with the upgrading.

Every single CM stated that the ticket would be backdated to date of first use of the MYW ticket, but a couple of times the expiration date was pushed forward to the day I did the upgrade; only one CM commented on this and from what I gathered it had to do with the order of operations during the upgrade.

Good luck with your upgrades and enjoy the savings!!!!

Thanks dis-happy! :thumbsup2
This is also what we have - UT 6 day NE that I bought before price increase. I had also figured out it would be around $31.95 to upgrade.

So..... based on what I see and using the very helpful excel sheet....

The 8 day hopper + water parks purchased for $354.95 from UT, then upgraded to a DVC AP will get me a savings of $28.45 for each ticket...right?

Thanks a ton for the chart, it is very helpful.

Be careful though, my list has the old, pre-increase prices from UT, haven't got around yet to update the list. If you bought the tickets while UT still had the old price, you are fine.

The current UT price with Mousesavers discount for a 8 day Hopper with Waterpark Fun and More option is $391.95.

I'll update the list as soon as I can.

So..... based on what I see and using the very helpful excel sheet....

The 8 day hopper + water parks purchased for $354.95 from UT, then upgraded to a DVC AP will get me a savings of $28.45 for each ticket...right?

Thanks a ton for the chart, it is very helpful.

Just to make sure you know, if you upgrade a ticket that has water parks on it you will only be allowed to upgrade to a premium DVC AP.

Just to make sure you know, if you upgrade a ticket that has water parks on it you will only be allowed to upgrade to a premium DVC AP.

Actually, that's not correct, only if the ticket has been used for anything else than theme park admission (Waterparks, Disney Quest etc) it has to be updated to a PAP.

Even if it is a ticket with Waterpark Fun and More option but has only been used for theme park admission the upgrade to the regular AP is possible.

Quoting from the ticket FAQ sticky:

"When upgrading to Annual Pass, if the Guest's original ticket included Water Park Fun & More Option, and any part of that option was used, then the Guest may only upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass. If none of the WPF&M options were used then upgrading may be done to a regular AP."

THanks for the update, as I was continuing to review the spreadsheet, I noticed the pricing was off a bit.

This is such a great tool, I think I will go ahead and make one for myself as well.

if you get yours updated, and you dont mind sharing, post the link again so I can verify what I am doing is on the right track!

Thanks again.

Actually, that's not correct, only if the ticket has been used for anything else than theme park admission (Waterparks, Disney Quest etc) it has to be updated to a PAP.

Even if it is a ticket with Waterpark Fun and More option but has only been used for theme park admission the upgrade to the regular AP is possible.

Quoting from the ticket FAQ sticky:

"When upgrading to Annual Pass, if the Guest's original ticket included Water Park Fun & More Option, and any part of that option was used, then the Guest may only upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass. If none of the WPF&M options were used then upgrading may be done to a regular AP."
My bad, thanks!

Somebody told me about the Disney homeschool program which will entitle you to (deep) discounted park hopper. Not sure if the discount will apply to AP, or whether a park hopper purchased in conjunction with the Disney homeschool program will allow you to upgrade to AP.

Somebody told me about the Disney homeschool program which will entitle you to (deep) discounted park hopper. Not sure if the discount will apply to AP, or whether a park hopper purchased in conjunction with the Disney homeschool program will allow you to upgrade to AP.

Those YES tickets cannot be upgraded at all, so plan accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter