Charles

Charles is great. Now if we could fix the way he says “mac and cheese,” he’d be perfect ;-)

Personally I have to go a different way when it comes to Charles. His (what I consider to be) odd facial expressions and the stupid tie/vest thing annoys me, as does his manner of speaking. Personally, I'm more of a Steve fan because he just gives his opinions in the everyman manner whereas Charles comes across like he's trying too hard to sound super-intelligent or something. And then there's the fact that I find that I generally disagree with his thoughts on parks/attractions/food more than I agree.

Personally I have to go a different way when it comes to Charles. His (what I consider to be) odd facial expressions and the stupid tie/vest thing annoys me, as does his manner of speaking. Personally, I'm more of a Steve fan because he just gives his opinions in the everyman manner whereas Charles comes across like he's trying too hard to sound super-intelligent or something. And then there's the fact that I find that I generally disagree with his thoughts on parks/attractions/food more than I agree.

I believe feedback is a good thing but....

This is just nastiness from a faceless poster.

But...that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
No, it isn't "just nastiness", it's (as you said too) "just my opinion". I will apologize, however, if I missed the disclaimer on this thread that said "only comment if you too wish to bow down and kiss the feet of Charles".

No, it isn't "just nastiness", it's (as you said too) "just my opinion". I will apologize, however, if I missed the disclaimer on this thread that said "only comment if you too wish to bow down and kiss the feet of Charles".

You don't need to apologize for missing the disclaimer. It isn't there.

It's easy to poke at someone brave enough to put himself out there from a place of complete anonymity.

As long as were expressing opinions....here's mine.

You shown who you really are and in my opinion (no need for quotes), that tells us all what we need to know about you.

Sorry but saying things like 'odd facial expressions' and 'stupid tie/vest' are meant to be hurtful. As a matter-of-fact if someone used those words on these boards and directed them towards you they would be considered a personal attack and treated so under the DISboards guidelines.

I personally wouldn't wear what Charles wears for the shows but I'm guessing he wouldn't dress like me either.

There are ways we can give our opinions here without making hurtful comments.

And I can turn that last statement around and point it back at you. Apparently only people who agree with everyone else are allowed to express their thoughts here, otherwise you're attacked for daring to have a contrary opinion to the masses. That tells us what we need to know about you as well.

Sorry but saying things like 'odd facial expressions' and 'stupid tie/vest' are meant to be hurtful. As a matter-of-fact if someone used those words on these boards and directed them towards you they would be considered a personal attack and treated so under the DISboards guidelines.

I personally wouldn't wear what Charles wears for the shows but I'm guessing he wouldn't dress like me either.

There are ways we can give our opinions here without making hurtful comments.

Duly noted, and agreed with.

And I can turn that last statement around and point it back at you. Apparently only people who agree with everyone else are allowed to express their thoughts here, otherwise you're attacked for daring to have a contrary opinion to the masses. That tells us what we need to know about you as well.

You seem to be missing the point.

You are welcome to have an opinion. Read the boards. There is a lot of criticism. Some we take to heart, some we ignore. Feedback is welcomed.

That being said, words like odd and stupid are judgmental, nasty and hurtful.

I don't actually care what you think of Charles ...or me for that matter.

But an attack is an attack and as John so eloquently pointed out, if someone posted the same thing about you, they'd be disciplined for attacking another poster.

It wasn't that you voiced an opinion...it was that you were mean spirited about it.

in my opinion...thats where an apology would be warranted.

Okay John, hear me out...what about a black t-shirt that LOOKED like a bow tie/vest combination....like one of those tuxedo t-shirts?

I don't think it is the contrarian opinion - others have said on here that Charles isn't their favorite, etc. ... and if you had said something like "I don't really connect with Charles as he sometimes comes across to me as trying to hard - I prefer Steve who speaks more like and "every man" to me and it seems like we have similar opinions on things" or something like that it would be a non issue ... it was the specifics about "odd facial expressions and "stupid vest/tie" that is more of a personal attack on him

I think the mods here have been very open about welcoming different opinions, but there is a difference b/w having a contrarian opinion and making fun of someone (perhaps you didn't' intend it that way - things can get misinterpreted on the internet - but that is how they came off)

Have said before, and I truly believe

Sometimes it ain't WHAT you say, but HOW you say it.

Well said, and I guess I'm so used to being that blunt (not necessarily in a mean-spirited way) with friends and family that I need to keep in mind I can't do that everywhere.

I'd also add that sometimes it isn't even "how you say it" but "how it was received" ... like you said, you are just used to being more blunt with your family/friends and they probably understand and expect it, but we don't have that benefit and can only take it as the words on the screen

Well said, and I guess I'm so used to being that blunt (not necessarily in a mean-spirited way) with friends and family that I need to keep in mind I can't do that everywhere.
@Brandon B Hey - I've got to give you props for now being self aware. Takes a lot, especially "in public". Now - go forth into your future with self aware peace and good wishes from me! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!