"Charging" to room but paying with cash?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
Is this possible? Can I use my MB to "charge", then pay my room charges in cash, say, when returning to our room at the end of the evening?

We're doing F&W and it would be nice to use the MB. We did it last time, requested a copy of our room charges when returning to the hotel every evening and it was so easy!

Absolutely. They'll only charge your credit card if you reach your limit ($500 for value, $1,000 for moderate, $1,500 for deluxe).

I do a similar thing with gift cards every year when we go. I go to the desk most evenings and pay down the room charges with the gift cards I have purchased throughout the year at the grocery store.

My sister did this with gift cards on our last trip. It worked out great. I'm pretty sure you have to pay everything off the day before checkout or something like that, or it gets charged to whatever credit card you have on file. So on your last full day you'll have to use cash, I think. Just double check with the CM when you check in.

Oh, good! This had been in the back of my mind, too; being able to charge to the room can be convenient but I don't want to come home to credit card bills after the trip. :crazy2:

Is there a reason you have to let the CM know this is what you are planning? I have never said a thing in the past and it hasn't made a difference.

On our trip last month, we paid down our charges every couple of days using GC's and we didn't say anything in advance and there is no reason a person would have to :goodvibes.

You do not have to say anything @ check in re paying cash but make sure you go to the front desk the night before check out to pay off charges because if not the cc on file will automatically be charged-this occurs between 11:00 pm-3:00am. The charges can be reversed but it takes time to do so and it takes 7-10 business days for the credit to appear on your credit card.

We did this last trip and it was so easy. I'm glad we did too, we had asked the cost of upgrading out tickets to PH's, and said no in the end. They charged us! I'm so glad we caught it before it went through to our debit card. I can only imagine the headache that would have been!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter