Character Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine!

disneydreamer1970

Loves planning surprise Disney trips!
I just made PS for a character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine for November 7th! My DH, DS (11) and DD (23 months) are going to surprise my parents and my sister and her family (DF and DD (8))!

Please tell me about your experiences here. I hope that I have made a good choice.

Thank you all for your help!!!

I really enjoyed the meal. It feautred Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale when we went last October. They were in Hollywood/50s dress and every so often did a dance around the restuarant.
I loved the food (especially the chocolate french toast and cherry coffee cake).
Hope you have fun.
Janice
WL 10/96
WL 10/01

My wife and I were there for breakfast last October. We found the character interaction to be quite good, (Chip and Dale especially were hilarious). We, however, only found the food to be mediocre. The main problem was that the food was lukewarm at best. Maybe we just hit it at a bad time.

:D DH and I took our 3 year old DD last year Dec 1 and had Breakfast. It was very good with lots of choices and Minnie looked so pretty in her formal gown. Our DD loved when they would start up the music and dance. She wanted to get right in there and Join them. I got some great pictures. Chip and Dale and Goofy were all very silly and spent lots of time the the kids.We went on a Friday around 10:30 and it was not busy at all. We had a great time. I can say that I like the sit down Character dining better than buffet. I would rather the food come to me than having to keep getting up. DD loved the Mickey waffles. You will enjoy it!!
;)

My DW and DD just loved the H&V character breakfast as did I! You will have a blast. As to the other post about the food being lukewarm, we had the 9am PS and the food was hot hot hot! And what a choice for American breakfast lovers like us! Eggs, bacon, sausage links, Mickey waffles, french toast, pancakes, fruits of all colors, lox and bagels, wow! The characters are a riot! We ate like pigs! Be sure to go past the restrooms and into the lunchtime cafe and check out the living room and bar decorated like a 50's house would have been. Even the front door is sooooo 50's! There were brass and wood ducks on the walls that my parent's had and that I still have tucked away. I should put them on eBay as 50's memorabilia as seen at the cafe at MGM! You'll love the breakfast but be sure to just plop down on a couch in that 50's living room!

We loved H & V. The food choices were really good for a buffet. The atmosphere was nice too. Hope you like it ! - Nancy

mickey08[IMG]

Hollywood & Vine is great!!!! You can't beat the character interaction--you can barely eat they come around so much!!!! We had a later breakfast seating and the food was fine. Enjoy!!!

The character interaction was awesome. We probably used a whole roll of film there.:D

I was there last month. We didn't really care too much for the food. Like most buffets, it was never hot enough. I think I just ate a muffin and a danish and took small bites of everything else. Since the characters were so awesome, we couldn't complain.:)

I had lunch there last year and found the food much better than the breakfast.

We had a character breakfast there last month and it was great. The characters were wonderful and we got to see them more than once at our table. The food was ok. The fritatta was very good, as were other items, like the Mickey waffles. A large selection to choose from. Good choice!

Geez, I guess my wife and I need to give it another try. We were there about 9am and the food wasn't warm at all. Oh well, guess it is just another argument to try a restaurant a second time if you had a bad experience the first time around. As stated though, the characters were wonderful there. Chip and Dale were giving this guy at the table next to us such a hard time. Chip accidentally knocked over one of their plates, but then blamed the dad for it, and made him go stand in the corner for a couple of minutes. So funny!! :p

--Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter