• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Birthday Party

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
Having waited for the official DLRP brochure to arrive and after careful scanning I find it's considerably cheaper for us to book our planned trip in March '06 with Thomson. However, they don't advertise the B.Day party tea in their brochure and whilst the local travel agent has tried to find out if I could book it through them, so far she hasn't come up with any info.

Does anyone know if I go ahead and book the hol through Thomson - would I be able to book the party myself direct with DLRP ?

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm pretty sure booking the birthday party is just like booking a table at a restaurant, Buffalo Bill's or a character lunch/tea. You just need to phone up in advance and reserve; you don't need to do it through your travel agent. :) I think they accept bookings up to two months in advance. Otherwise, you might find that you can book it when you get to your hotel.

We did the Character Birthday Party in June. We booked the whole holiday with DLP as none of the other operators offered the birthday party, just the character tea. I did phone Bridge and Cresta but they knew nothing about the birthday party. One of them did say to book it when we got there but I didn't want to risk it as the whole point of the holiday was for DS's birthday.

Jill,

You could email to DLRP via their website. I've emailed them a couple of times recently re things I couldn't find out on here and I've received prompt and helpful replies both times.

Joanne

Thanks everyone,
Finally booked with First Choice and again they knew nothing about the availability of a Birthday Party. So I've got fingers crossed I can reserve it in the same way as you can reserve restaurants before you go - I think you're right Bonnie I have to wait until January to do it. It's rather annoying though, that you can book the Tea Parties, Breakfasts, B. Bill, and even SeaLife tickets, but not this, I wonder why they don't advertise it :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter