Changing ressy question?

Cinderella

DIS Veteran
Hi, I want to make a ressy at VWL, my home resort, as I have not stayed there yet. We are thinking of going in May and staying in a one bedroom but, would really like to go earlier.

The problem is, we would really like to go earlier instead but, not sure if we will be able to afford it (we are self employed - so it's hard to plan ahead!).

I want to book the May trip before November and the seven month window but, if we change our minds and decide to go earlier - how will this work out. Will we be able to cancel the May trip and use the points at an earlier date? Thanks.

Nice to hear from you Cinderella! Yes, you can always change your plans. If you want to go earlier, you just see if it's available for when you want to go and, if you need the points and aren't planning to keep the May trip, you cancel it. As long as you are 31 days out from the May trip you can cancel without worrying about the holding account.

I want to book the May trip before November and the seven month window

The seven month window for May is October, not November. I made my OKW reservations for early May at the beginning of this month (I own at BWV). Early/mid May usually isn't that busy, so you should not have a problem booking now. As Pam said, you can always cancel before 30 days with no penalty.

Hi Pam, Thanks - have been away for a while. Thanks Debbie, just when I thought I had this DVC thing sussed, I realise I have counted wrong! Never mind, I will try for beginning of May and hopefully something will come up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter