• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing from Late Seating toMain

HeatherF

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how much success you have when boarding and changing your late seating to main? Do they tell you right away if you are able to get it changed. Does this affect how soon you can make Palo reservations? Thanks, Heather

It will depend how full the ship is.....it is usually easier to go from Main to Late....I would ask at the time you check in at the terminal to see if they can get you changed.....for your Palo reservation, you'll need to go to Rockin' Bar D, deck 3 forward, as soon as you board to book your ressie as they book up very quickly.....Andy

I would also recommend going to see if you can have the changed right away. What they are probably going to tell you to do is to go to your dinner time tonight and talk to the head waiter (can't think of the "fancy" name) and he'll be able to change it then. Good luck!

We went during Spring Break, booked 60 days out and were stuck with late seating. When we boarded(around 1 pm or so), we waited until I think 2:30 until the navigator said we could request dinner changes. I went down and got on the list, I was way down on it. We got a call about an hour later telling us we had early seating. If you do get switched, make sure to tell your room steward as that is when they want to make up your room for that night.

Last January 12, on the 4day Wonder, we had been assigned late seating. I went down to the club(don't remember which one) that the Navigator said, and switched. Very east. That said, this is not the best way. Call either you travel agent or DCL, not sure which, and get on the list for early dining. I have done that for my Feb 14 2004 Western.

Ursula

You can try to change it before you get on board, too. Call (or have your travel agent call) and ask to be waitlisted for main dining. Then call occasionally to check for openings (the waitlist is not checked as soon as someone cancels). The best time is during the week just prior to the 60-day mark, when full payment is due. This is when most of the cancellations occur. You can often call and find an opening and have it taken care of before you even get to the port. The call-and-check method has worked for me a couple times, both for changing dining seating and stateroom category.

Does anyone remember the times for early and late seatings? Do I need to be prepared to request which I want at booking? Thank-you!:)

Early seating is at 6pm and Late is at 8:30pm.....Andy

Thank-you xABearx. It has been a LONG time since I have been on a cruise, so things may have changed. (hopefully) If we take early seating then is breakfast really early also? I do not really want to be up at 6:30 for breakfast but DH LOVES a big breakfast in the dinning room. I am just tring to figure out what would be better for all of us for the whole day. Do I need to tell them at booking which I prefer?

The only day you have a scheduled breakfast is the last morning of the cruise, and you can still eat at the buffet on that day, if you like. On the last day, you'll be scheduled to eat breakfast in the restaurant you had dinner in the night before at 6:30am for early seating and 7:45 for late. Again, the buffet is open, so you can go at your own pace.

On regular cruise days, breakfast is served at the buffet from about 7:30-10:30. There's also a buffet breakfast in Parrot Cay most mornings from about 8-10. Sitdown breakfast is usually in Lumière's/Triton's from 7:30-9:30.

We were on the 4 day a year ago and had early seating. We're on the 4 day next month and got late seating. We're glad. There's so much to do that we actually had to rush to get to early seating. Our kids were 4 and 7 then.

Thanks again. I am glad there are other choices, a buffet if fine with us. Do I choose a seating at booking? Late may work better for us all around as long as DD gets some sort of a nap during the day.:)

just got back from the 9/6 Magic. We had no problem changing our late seating to early seating (from 8:30 to 6:00) my husband went to guest services to change our seating early on Saturday (i think before 2:00)

would highly recommend an early seating if you have little ones. every night we saw people finishing dessert at 10:15-10:30 PM. my 4yo was exhausted by 9:00 each night!

good luck!

Originally posted by Disneycrazymom
Do I choose a seating at booking?

Yes, when you book, you'll be asked which dinner seating you'd like. If your first choice isn't available, they should waitlist you for it. As I said above, being more proactive about checking for cancellations increases your chances of changing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter