Change for AP rates?

spoon full of sugar

Mouseketeer
I just read a thread (and now can't find it) where it says they are changing the way you book AP rates for rooms. You have to book 120 days out, can only reserve 1 room per AP, and your one night deposit is non-refundable! :earseek: This may be the end of Disney for us.We only live 2-3 hours away depending on traffic (tourists :rolleyes: ). I liked to pop down for a few days whenever I got a good AP rate. This really started me becoming Disney obssessed. I liked Disney before, but the chance to check out the different resorts was what really hooked me. With the spontaneity gone the excitment is lost for me. :sad2: DH doesn't care one way or the other,so if Disney does this they are diffenately going to lose my money,maybe I'll finally take DS to Europe with all the Disney money I'll save. :rolleyes1 What do the rest of you think? How will this affect you? Anybody? :listen:

we do small trips throughout the year also and usually not planned 120 days in advance. It affects us also. Im just hoping maybe they will still offer fla resident rates.. :confused3

I just saw something about this on Mousesavers and was surprised - but not really :teacher: The discounts I have gotten on Deluxe resort rooms combined with admission to all 4 parks have made my AP pay for itself probably 3 times over since MARCH. It just couldn't be much of a money-maker for Disney...
Disney will always get my money - but I hope I'll still get some favorable rates :cheer2:

This just means I won't go as often. I live in Michigan and go at least twice a year for 10 days each (this year I went three times). Without the AP room discount, I will just go once a year at most, and use AAA. I have never had to cancel a reservation, but you never know, so the non-refundablilty aspect does not appeal to me either. I also hardly ever book more than two months in advance.

I would have to think (or hope anyways) if they are making it a non-refundable deposit (which they never have done before even for rack rate) they must still be offering some sort of decent discount?!?! If not I would just go back to renting a vacation home off site....and the time frame sucks, 120 days in advance?? I would love to know what the logic is here...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter