Central Italy-- Here we come!

socalfamily

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone.

Thanks for all your advice and wisdom about traveling with ABD. After much thoughtful consideration, the family has voted to hold off on Africa until our youngest meets the recommended age. We just made our deposits for Central Italy in July. We are so excited that we can hardly wait! :cool1:

Any suggestions about what we should do to prepare?

Thanks!

Congrats on booking your trip SoCalfamily. That sounds like a wonderful trip. That one is high on my list along with so many other trips. C'mon lottery...I need to win so that I can take more of these trips in the future.:lmao:

Congratulations! We've done four AbD trips (and Knights and Lights coming in June of 2010!), and that one is my favorite so far! I even liked it more than Viva Italia, a trip I thought could never be topped.

Someday, the trip report will be done -- I do have all my notes and the report is half written, but things have been really busy these past few months. I have some great restaurant recommendations at least! There are a couple of my videos on Youtube.com, but I'd hate to ruin any surprises!

I would actually repeat that one if I could fit another trip in next year. I liked it that much!

Dotti

Oh boy! We are glad to hear you loved this adventure so much. Not sure how we will be able to wait the next 7 mos.....

We would definitely appreciate the restaurant tips.

Thanks!

Oh boy! We are glad to hear you loved this adventure so much. Not sure how we will be able to wait the next 7 mos.....

We would definitely appreciate the restaurant tips.

Thanks!

One of my favorite restaurants is in Lucca. It is La Buca di S'ant Antonio. and they do have a website. We have dined there several times and DD had her rehearsal dinner there. The food and service is very good. And, the atmosphere is wonderful. .I believe they are only open for dinner.(sorry I don't know your schedule)

Florence is my favorite place in the world. There is soooo much to see and do. Take advantage of the beautiful gloves sold in Florence. The prices are reasonable. There is a FANTASTIC outlet mall about 45 minutes outside Florence and they have shuttle buses. Gucci, Armani, Diesel, Bottega Veneta, Yves Saint Laurent plus many others are in one sweet spot.:goodvibes

Of course, don't miss the Gates of Paradise or the Duomo. The Pitti Palace was also a nice trip. I would stay a couple extra days in Florence if you can.

Oh, and definitely climb to the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It was only reopened a few years ago and the view is beautiful.

We enjoyed Italy for Dummies for our first trip. There's a lot of practical information and tips.

Have an wonderful trip. I'm so excited for ya'll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter