• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Center of the park

mystic_path

DIS Veteran
Apparently there is like this little floordalee or cross thing that sits on the ground at the castle, that marks where the orginal center of the park when it was first built. Apparently people just walk right over it.

I tried looking for it, but I couldnt find it. Has anyone ever found it? Am I going crazy?

If you're walking through the castle from the hub into Fantasyland, it's just as you pass through the castle once you "exit" the tunnel.

I saw this little round metal dot, but no cross or somethign that rumors suggested the park symbol had. Is that it or did I totally miss it? LOL my mom and I stood there for 5 minutes trying to find it. People were probably wondering what we were doing.

Yep, that was it. Its more like a railroad spike then a cross or decoration.

It's a round brass marker about an inch and a half across. It's right in the middle of the walkway. It's a survey marker that marks the center of the original Disneyland.

I'm such a Disney geek....I make it a point to step on it every single time I walk through.... :lmao:

Unfortunately it is just a rumor that it marked the exact center of Disneyland. It's just a plain old survey marker for engineers (or is that imagineers). There are more all over the park. And in Toontown they even have Mickey on them.

If you like looking for those kind of things, check out the time capsule spot. It's next to the Hub on the path into the castle, There's a big plaque over the spot.

Here's a couple of pics of the surveyor marker you're talking about:

11450006aGuess.jpg

11450006FsLCenter.jpg

Thanks Guys!!! Thats the thing I saw. EXCELLENT! At least I can sleep at night now!!!

As for the time capsul, I didnt see it. Hmmmm im gonna have to check it out when I go in June.

The time capsule is about 2 feet from the hub path directly in line from the Friends Statue to the castle main gate. It's under a Bronze Plaque about 3 feet by 2 feet in size. There is a dedication on the plaque. I'll try for a picture next time were there. You might also want to check out the 2nd floor windows in Frontierland. One of them is for the Crockett Coonskin Cap Company - F.Parker & B.Ebsen Proprietors, of course referring to Fess Parker & Buddy Ebsen from the Disney movie.

WOW!!! Im gonna totally check that one out in frontierland when I go. Im taking my dad, and its his first time ever going to Disneyland, and he thinks he is a cowboy. I know he would love frontierland, and he would know exactly what that time capsul is about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter