Celiac - Disney Wedding Gluten Free

CeliacDisney7

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I am new here but I wanted to ask if anyone has had a Disney wedding as a celiac bride? Or better still, a whole Gluten Free menu? And did Disney do your cake? And how was everything? Good/bad/ so so. Any advice is hugely appreciated! (and where was it? WDW or the Original DL)

Thank you!

We had our wedding at Disneyland in 2014. They do the menu tasting there about two months out from the wedding day. At the time, my wife was trying to figure out if she might have celiacs, so we opted for a gluten free entree and a gluten free tier of cake as well (that was also vegan to accommodate some friends with dairy and egg allergies). We're also both vegetarian, so our entree was a vegetable stack with mushrooms, and potatoes and carrots on the side. It was super tasty. The rolls they offered my wife are actually prepackaged GF rolls (I forget which brand) that they don't actually make. The salad and dessert was GF as well. We also selected a couple of passed appetizers that would be GF and made sure the plated meal for meat eaters was GF as well for the entree since we had some friends and family coming with celiacs.

Overall, our celiacs friends raved about the food. They did a great job making sure everyone had safe food to eat that was also delicious. I tried our GF cake tier, and it was pretty good (but it used a lot of xanthan gum which I am high sensitive to). The cake had a lot of flavor and the texture was pretty darn good for being GF, vegan, and nut free.

Disney is AMAZING with GF food. DRs thought I had celiac for awhile and I ate multiple times at Disney GF. You won't be disappointed in what they can create for you!

Thank you @LadyD !! That is really helpful information. I am so excited that they might actually offer a full GF menu! And I am surprised they were able to do a cake GF, vegan and nit free. I have tried baking some items like that and it's tough. I feel you about the xanthun gum, sometimes I think it bothers me too. I don't eat a lot of pre-packaged GF baked goods because they tend to cause an upset tummy.

Thank you @lurkyloo! I will listen to these. I found one earlier that talked all about the floral decor (pricing, how to come prepared to the meeting, etc). I am still in the process of trying to decide to take the leap and choose Disneyland as my venue. I've got to pick in the the next two weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter