Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

Yay! I've delayed you so I can keep catching up!

But I'm making up ground!

This sounds wayyyyy complicated.
And probably isn't.

No it isn't at all.

As described? I'm lost.

A couple posts back I described the process of eating a whole artichoke. Most of the time when they are served in restaurants some manufacturer or employee has processed the vegetable down to the heart. Likewise you can find the hearts in stores in the freezer section or pickled. There isn't too much thought about how to eat one of those. It takes a little more skill to tackle a whole artichoke, but it's not tough.

But if you'd be so kind as to show me (should we dine together again... which I hope will happen next year. :)) then I'm game to try it.

If you do visit when we had discussed previously, they would be in season and I would be happy to prepare them for you!

I'd prefer cash.

Sorry. We're broke.

Uh, huh. Shall I refer you to all the emails that you sent me?

Oh those weren't planning, those were mostly to give you a feeling for Southern California, distances, traffic, background, you guys came with your list of "must do's", and we ticked everything off the list.

Oh. Well, then... timing is everything!

It always is.

I just might. :)

Steal away!

Not at the moment of impact.

Huh! I didn't realize that.

I never tell a lie.

I embellish the truth until it's unrecognizable.

Well, yeah that....

So no longer a beaver?

You'll see in the next update.

I would expect nothing less... pretty much anywhere

You must travel in better circles than some places I (used to) frequent. Spilled drinks usually meant one was "cut off".

September!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Less than 60 days now! :banana: :banana:

Several TRs to go still.
Including my own.

Well you better get crackin' especially if you want us to grant you that traveling you have planned. :laughing:

Still can't get over how you just "pop over to Disney".
I can pop over to the 7-11 and that's about it.

Well, it's easy and it's not. Last night was a late night and I was feeling it when I woke up this morning. But that won't stop us from going over there again and getting lunch, maybe some pins or something if we feel like it!

So you're saying I should wear that to Dapper Day? (If I make it? Still unsure of dates.)

Actually all you would need is a straw boater hat, and you'd look perfect. Did I say we have several for sale on eBay (or should), we have half a dozen floating around the house somewhere!

Nah. Don't worry about it Alison.
I'll just write "I had a drink." and be good.

Too late. This is what it was.

DSCN0540.jpg

Hmmm.... Well, there were a few things.
But that was definitely one of them.

I look forward to the TR and hearing about your highlights. :goodvibes

Message?

Ah! Just checked... reply forthcoming. :)

Glad we worked that out!

:laughing: What did he say?

Yes.

Teen angst.

:scared:

Really! Because it's too late?

Well, I suppose we could try it. But a tenant is turning in their keys tomorrow, so we have that place to get ready. We still have yet to finish up the old place. In three weeks we leave for Denver. And when we get back we have two and a half weeks until our next scheduled long day at the park. Last night, after Fantasmic! we stayed for the fireworks even though we weren't in front of the Castle and guess what happened halfway through? :sad2: With that sort of track record, I would be reluctant to go back out there with the objective of seeing the fireworks only to stay that late and have them stop halfway through again.

You may not have heard about this one. We'll see.

I don't think that I did....again reasons to look forward to your TR....

I know. I was just teasing you to see what you'd say.

Did I not taste a tiny bit of it anyway?

Come to think of it, I guess you did take a teesny tiny bite and then your face shriveled up in a pucker and you shook your head. I'm guessing you didn't care for it. Geez, now I want some Poke too! Replying to this thread today is just making me hungry. Already I have modified my dinner for this evening. Now I'm going to end up going out and getting some Poke too!

I have no idea what you mean.
I'm not going on another trip for... five more days.

Well and now it's four days, better get writing!

Not what I meant by heavy, but... yeah, that too.

I meant even with more meat, his looked lighter than yours. If that makes any sense.

Probably the greens. Ours must have sat under the warmer thus wilting the greens some while his was made fresh.

April 8

On Saturday morning I woke up and took a bath. When I got out of the tub, Jill had texted me that she was out getting some breakfast. So I dressed and met up with her. Fran was happy to just stay in bed. I don’t have a lot of recollections of this day (you’ll see why in this update), but I know that Jill and I rode Hyperspace Mountain because I have photographic evidence.

x17DL0408FW01.jpg

We may have rode Star Tours or Soarin’ but since there aren’t pictures I don’t remember. I know we didn’t ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, because that still had another month and a half until it opened. We did split an order of the corn fritters and also a Jalapeno Margarita (hold the Jalapenos) from one of the kiosks before we went back to the room. I think we brought Fran something to eat before we went down to Napa Rose for our wine tasting at 1PM. I slightly freaked Jill out by walking up to a gal (whom I have seen at numerous special and D23 events) and striking up a conversation. Jill thought I was just walking up to random strangers and talking to them (something I would never do!) It turned out that the three of us ended up sitting together. Once we were seated they started to bring out the prepoured glasses of wine.

x17DL0408FW02.jpg

x17DL0408FW03.jpg

This is what our wine set up was supposed to be made up of, at least the original five wines.

x17DL0408FW04.jpg

Then they brought us out a plate of cheese and charcuterie.

x17DL0408FW05.jpg

This is was was supposedly on our plates.

x17DL0408FW06.jpg

x17DL0408FW07.jpg

We had a nice discussion about the different wines as we drank them and tasted them with the various food options.

x17DL0408FW08.jpg

I think we stole the glasses from the empty seat next to us as well!

x17DL0408FW09.jpg

And then after we had tried the original five wines, they kept pouring more! Like three glasses or so more!

x17DL0408FW10.jpg

We were most definitely happy when we left there!

x17DL0408FW11.jpg

I think we went back to the room and played around on our various electronic devices for a little, while Fran got dressed. Then we headed out for our final Celebrity Chef Demo, Cat Cora.

x17DL0408FW12.jpg

x17DL0408FW13.jpg

When we sat down and took a look at the menus, I was somewhat afraid that what she would be serving was healthy.

x17DL0408FW14.jpg

x17DL0408FW15.jpg

x17DL0408FW16.jpg

She got to work on making the first dish.

x17DL0408FW17.jpg

I started to take notes. If you have been following along with these presentations and have any idea what my handwriting looks like, you can tell I’m struggling here! I eventually gave up. We had the recipes anyways.

x17DL0408FW18.jpg

Turns out that we didn’t have the shrimp recipe. But here she is mixing it up.

x17DL0408FW19.jpg

And plating it.

x17DL0408FW20.jpg

And here is our plate.

x17DL0408FW21.jpg

Unfortunately they served this with beer and Fran is the only one of the three of us who likes beer. I like some kinds and I tried to drink it, but I wasn’t that thrilled with whatever beer it was. The next thing that she made was the crab cake with the Mango coulis. It was OK, but as I feared, it was too healthy and none of us felt really satisfied with the food.

x17DL0408FW22.jpg

Jill and I were pretty much “done” after the demo. With the wine tasting we did this afternoon we were ready to call it a night, Fran is always ready to go back to the room for a nap. Once back in the room, I took another bath and drifted off to sleep when I was back in bed.

April 9

This morning we woke up fairly early since we all passed out quickly the night before. We got some breakfast and checked out of the room fairly quickly. I think we were in the park by about 10AM. Fran wanted to go home while Jill and I stayed, but we convinced her to come inside the park with us. We rode Pirates of the Caribbean with less than a 20 minute wait. When we got off the ride, she said that someone had responded to one of her Craigslist ads and wanted to pick up some stuff at our old house, so she said goodbye to us and we went off to ride something else.

Then we went and rode TSMM. I had received some tips earlier in the week and Jill and I worked together and for the first time we were no longer Beavers!

x17DL0409.jpg

Eventually we got hungry and checked out the kiosks. The lines were crazy long for every one of them, so we snuck into a little hideaway and made our own Food & Wine Festival. I had my normal Vodka Gibson while I think Jill had a Hemmingway Daquiri.

x17DL0409FW01.jpg

We got the Korean Beef tacos...these are so good! I have to remember that again!

x17DL0409FW02.jpg

We also split an order of these little babies from the kids menu. Yummy!

x17DL0409FW03.jpg

Jill had been eyeing the ice cream filled macarons ever since her first visit here. I believe that they are Pistachio, Raspberry and Cookies and Cream. We split them all down the middle, but my favorite is definitely the Raspberry!

x17DL0409FW04.jpg

After we were full and finished with our drinks, I went shopping. Some of the ladies may remember that Disney themed dresses were released around this time. I think they were at the Co-op at Disney Springs and they were at Vault 28 in DTD. I tried on several of them, but settled on one. You’ll have wait for the next update to see which one I picked. Those of you who are on FB, it’s probably as distant memory since this was so long ago!

Earlier in the day when we said goodbye to Fran we agreed that she would pick us up right around 5:30-6:00PM so that we could take Jill to the airport and she wouldn’t have to call an Uber or Lyft. She was on her second batch of folks at the old house picking up stuff we had listed on Craigslist by this time and it took them two trips to get all four bookcases. They were just carrying out the last of the bookcases as Jill and I sat down in the Hearthstone lounge for one last beverage before the weekend was over. We ate the free snacks and sipped our beverages until Fran told us that she was about 10 minutes away and we went out to Bell Services, retrieved our bags, and loaded up the car.

Another fun weekend in the books! Unfortunately we won’t be staying out there again for another six months, (although I did stay about a month ago) but we’ll have fun and shenanigans with lots of the same gang as Jill, Fran and I all have rooms booked. And Jenny lives here now! The new hashtag is #WereMultiMillionaires We’ll see how that works out for them! :thumbsup2

I offered as soon as we ended up with that plan. It was only once the drama ensued that you were able to make it happen.

::yes::

Yeah, I mentioned it a comment to Liesa that at a Winemaker dinner almost 10 years ago there was a chef who mentioned that "since Disney won't let me serve raw oysters I'm serving you the oyster of the chicken." He also didn't last very long.

No. One does not dis, Disney and remained employed with them overly long.

I think we figured it out.

It was the only thing on the menu that didn't have rum or coconut in it and you didn't like it.

Ah! Well... there ya go!
So what did I order after that? Probably a coke.

Sharing with daughters or strangers?

Yes

I have some hard boiled eggs that need to be used up. I think Fran is getting Deviled Eggs for an appetizer tonight.

I should do that.... maybe tomorrow.

It was Point Reyes Blue Cheese Dressing. Now I want a wedge salad for dinner.

I had one yesterday... except the only dressing I had was Italian.
Should've made a trip to the store.

Actually she would not have able to go there. In fact I think she was there. That picture was taken at a place called AP corner. Only AP holders could enter, they gave you a button (new one each week) and had that photo op, only for AP holders.

So I was right. She wasn't there.

:rolleyes1

That's why I love the DVC one bedrooms!

They all have those big jetted tubs?
Maybe I should buy in! :laughing:

Well you're lucky we're out of the drought. Otherwise you'd have pesky little notices requesting that you limit shower times and towel usage.

"Notice? What notice? I didn't see any notice. :rolleyes:"

However, I have noticed that I see far less of my friends with kids that are no longer infants, but not yet teens.

Yep.

You haven't tried well aged reds...they have a rather unique taste, almost like grape juice, yet better.

Hmmm.... I'd hate to have you waste a bottle on me. But if you are indulging and don't mind giving up half a glass or so...

Well, we don't get to traditional steakhouses often, but when we ate at Del Frisco's last year they had the same thing recently added to their menu. Does the Keg have something like that?

Nope. Not that I know of.
And it wouldn't matter.

I'd still have either the French onion soup or (most likely) the escargot.

Very tasty. Now I want steak as well...Dinner tonight may be changing to deviled eggs, wedge salad, steak and Mac and cheese.

Say that again and I'm coming over!

A loophole with Photobucket?

Email forthcoming.

Well, just wondering where you had vanished to...you were back and then you were gone again.

Vacays. Work. House stuff. Busy!

I need that rim shot smiley. Buh, dum pum.

rimshot_zpsxgbdywf5.gif

But I'm making up ground!

A couple posts back I described the process of eating a whole artichoke. Most of the time when they are served in restaurants some manufacturer or employee has processed the vegetable down to the heart. Likewise you can find the hearts in stores in the freezer section or pickled. There isn't too much thought about how to eat one of those. It takes a little more skill to tackle a whole artichoke, but it's not tough.

Just can't see it in my mind.
So I'll let you teach me how to eat. Will you make airplane or choo choo sounds too?

If you do visit when we had discussed previously, they would be in season and I would be happy to prepare them for you!

Still looking at that! One trip at a time, though! :laughing:

Sorry. We're broke.

Dang, then why am I here?

Oh.
Right.
The witter banter, the wonderful photos and your wonderful presence.

Oh those weren't planning, those were mostly to give you a feeling for Southern California, distances, traffic, background, you guys came with your list of "must do's", and we ticked everything off the list.

Those may not be "planning" but they were work.

You must travel in better circles than some places I (used to) frequent. Spilled drinks usually meant one was "cut off".

:lmao:

Well you better get crackin' especially if you want us to grant you that traveling you have planned. :laughing:

Okay!!

Well, it's easy and it's not. Last night was a late night and I was feeling it when I woke up this morning. But that won't stop us from going over there again and getting lunch, maybe some pins or something if we feel like it!

Envious! :)

Actually all you would need is a straw boater hat, and you'd look perfect.

You think so?

Did I say we have several for sale on eBay (or should), we have half a dozen floating around the house somewhere!

Hmmmm.... maybe if you reply to my email, you can include a link.
I've never bought anything off eBay.
I think this time, I can trust the seller! :)

Too late. This is what it was.

That's it! Thanks! :goodvibes

I look forward to the TR and hearing about your highlights. :goodvibes

Soon! I hope!

Well, I suppose we could try it. But a tenant is turning in their keys tomorrow, so we have that place to get ready. We still have yet to finish up the old place. In three weeks we leave for Denver. And when we get back we have two and a half weeks until our next scheduled long day at the park. Last night, after Fantasmic! we stayed for the fireworks even though we weren't in front of the Castle and guess what happened halfway through? :sad2: With that sort of track record, I would be reluctant to go back out there with the objective of seeing the fireworks only to stay that late and have them stop halfway through again.

You're batting 1000 there, Alison.

I don't think that I did....again reasons to look forward to your TR....

I meant, you may not have heard about this celebrity.
Then again, you are into music, so... know your current pop artists?

Come to think of it, I guess you did take a teesny tiny bite and then your face shriveled up in a pucker and you shook your head. I'm guessing you didn't care for it.

You'd guess correctly.

Geez, now I want some Poke too! Replying to this thread today is just making me hungry. Already I have modified my dinner for this evening. Now I'm going to end up going out and getting some Poke too!

:laughing:

Well and now it's four days, better get writing!

I know!!

And I would... except ohMari moved my TR to the Completed TR page.
I asked her to move it back... we'll see.
I don't want to start the DL TR with a Vegas trip.
Might have to let that one go.
Which ticks me off since I just finished editing all the photos and uploading them to Photobucket.

Probably the greens. Ours must have sat under the warmer thus wilting the greens some while his was made fresh.

Could be.

On Saturday morning I woke up and took a bath.

With that tub? I should hope so!

I know that Jill and I rode Hyperspace Mountain because I have photographic evidence.

:laughing: You guys look like you're having a blast!
(Can't be said about all passengers.)

We may have rode Star Tours or Soarin’ but since there aren’t pictures I don’t remember. I know we didn’t ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, because that still had another month and a half until it opened. We did split an order of the corn fritters and also a Jalapeno Margarita (hold the Jalapenos) from one of the kiosks before we went back to the room. I think we brought Fran something to eat before we went down to Napa Rose for our wine tasting at 1PM.

There's an awful lot of conjecture going on there!

I slightly freaked Jill out by walking up to a gal (whom I have seen at numerous special and D23 events) and striking up a conversation. Jill thought I was just walking up to random strangers and talking to them

(something I would never do!)

Nor I.

Then they brought us out a plate of cheese and charcuterie.

Looks tasty!

:lmao: No shame!

And then after we had tried the original five wines, they kept pouring more! Like three glasses or so more!

:faint:

We were most definitely happy when we left there!

I bet!

Then we headed out for our final Celebrity Chef Demo, Cat Cora

Nice! How was she? (If you remember)

I was somewhat afraid that what she would be serving was healthy.

Noooooo!

If you have been following along with these presentations and have any idea what my handwriting looks like, you can tell I’m struggling here!

And here is our plate.

Yum! I love shrimp.

Unfortunately they served this with beer and Fran is the only one of the three of us who likes beer.

I don't either.

The next thing that she made was the crab cake with the Mango coulis.

Guess what! I finally had a crab cake! My very first one!

We rode Pirates of the Caribbean with less than a 20 minute wait.

Not bad!

When we got off the ride, she said that someone had responded to one of her Craigslist ads and wanted to pick up some stuff at our old house, so she said goodbye to us and we went off to ride something else.

Bye Fran!

Then we went and rode TSMM. I had received some tips earlier in the week and Jill and I worked together and for the first time we were no longer Beavers!

Good for you! :laughing:

The lines were crazy long for every one of them, so we snuck into a little hideaway and made our own Food & Wine Festival. I had my normal Vodka Gibson while I think Jill had a Hemmingway Daquiri.

Looks familiar. ;)

We got the Korean Beef tacos...these are so good! I have to remember that again!

Whoa. They do look good! Love the presentation "plate" too.

We also split an order of these little babies from the kids menu. Yummy!

So glad you were able to eat some this time!

Jill had been eyeing the ice cream filled macarons ever since her first visit here. I believe that they are Pistachio, Raspberry and Cookies and Cream. We split them all down the middle, but my favorite is definitely the Raspberry!

I had too.... but had eaten enough and no one else seemed inclined, so...

The new hashtag is #WereMultiMillionaires We’ll see how that works out for them! :thumbsup2

No. One does not dis, Disney and remained employed with them overly long.

Truth.

Ah! Well... there ya go!
So what did I order after that? Probably a coke.

No I think it was a glass of Riesling.

Or worse, stranger's daughters.

I should do that.... maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to do it this afternoon.

I had one yesterday... except the only dressing I had was Italian.
Should've made a trip to the store.

I'm on my way to the store (after I finish this reply) to get chunks of Blue Cheese. I already have the dressing.

So I was right. She wasn't there.

:rolleyes1

Actually I think she might have been and was awkwardly lurking outside the area where she couldn't go in since she didn't have an AP.

They all have those big jetted tubs?
Maybe I should buy in! :laughing:

Just about all the one bedroom and larger units have them. Except the Beach Club where they are now soaker tubs.

Hmmm.... I'd hate to have you waste a bottle on me. But if you are indulging and don't mind giving up half a glass or so...

Oh, I wouldn't mind finishing off what you don't. :rolleyes1 I do have a wine stopper that I use when I open the moderate bottles of red on "non special nights". Half on one night, the other half the next.

Nope. Not that I know of.
And it wouldn't matter.

I'd still have either the French onion soup or (most likely) the escargot.

That's why Fran and I split a lot of things. More varied tastes and you don't have to eat so much.

Say that again and I'm coming over!

I doubt you'd make it to Vancouver before dinner was finished! :laughing: Dinner tonight will be deviled eggs, wedge salad, steak and Mac and cheese.

Dang, then why am I here?

Oh.
Right.
The witter banter, the wonderful photos and your wonderful presence.

:goodvibes

Those may not be "planning" but they were work.

Oh no, I like droning on about mindless things related to where I live.

You think so?

::yes:: Maybe a Bow tie instead of a traditional one.

Hmmmm.... maybe if you reply to my email, you can include a link.
I've never bought anything off eBay.
I think this time, I can trust the seller! :)

I'm not sure if we actually have any listed, but I know where several of them are, I just found another one yesterday looking for empty boxes.

You're batting 1000 there, Alison.

:sad2:

I meant, you may not have heard about this celebrity.
Then again, you are into music, so... know your current pop artists?

Uh, do the Eagles, Santana, or Rolling Stones count as current Pop Artists? :confused3 I could name some because I've heard about their scandals on the news, but I don't know what they look like.

I know!!

And I would... except ohMari moved my TR to the Completed TR page.
I asked her to move it back... we'll see.
I don't want to start the DL TR with a Vegas trip.
Might have to let that one go.
Which ticks me off since I just finished editing all the photos and uploading them to Photobucket.

She didn't end the TR, I noticed that you and others could still post. On the Dining Report TR board they physically lock up your thread so no one more can post. Then again you could do it on the "Southern California and the West" TR board and have Vegas as a "Prologue". I assume we are going to hear about Arizone and Kay and the Capyberas. Hey! That sounds like a great name for a rock band!

No I think it was a glass of Riesling.

How do you remember that?!?!?!?

Or worse, stranger's daughters.

Or worse. Daughter's boyfriend.

Actually I think she might have been and was awkwardly lurking outside the area where she couldn't go in since she didn't have an AP.

:laughing: That just sounds like a funny scene.

Just about all the one bedroom and larger units have them. Except the Beach Club where they are now soaker tubs.

Sold!

Oh, I wouldn't mind finishing off what you don't.

:rolleyes2

I do have a wine stopper that I use when I open the moderate bottles of red on "non special nights". Half on one night, the other half the next.

Have you ever used it?

That's why Fran and I split a lot of things. More varied tastes and you don't have to eat so much.

Good plan.

I doubt you'd make it to Vancouver before dinner was finished! :laughing: Dinner tonight will be deviled eggs, wedge salad, steak and Mac and cheese.

Want!!!

You need to move closer.

::yes:: Maybe a Bow tie instead of a traditional one.

Good point. That would make more sense.

Uh, do the Eagles, Santana, or Rolling Stones count as current Pop Artists?

:rolleyes:

She didn't end the TR, I noticed that you and others could still post. On the Dining Report TR board they physically lock up your thread so no one more can post. Then again you could do it on the "Southern California and the West" TR board and have Vegas as a "Prologue". I assume we are going to hear about Arizone and Kay and the Capyberas. Hey! That sounds like a great name for a rock band!

"And now! Kay! And the Capyberas!!!!" <wild cheering>

As for the prologue.... hmmmmm....... dunno.
Not a bad suggestion....
Not sure if I want to open a TR with "Okay just a quick note on our trip to Vegas, since I didn't take any notes..."

I don’t have a lot of recollections of this day (you’ll see why in this update), but I know that Jill and I rode Hyperspace Mountain because I have photographic evidence.

Excellent choice. Especially since I guess that will be going away soon.

I slightly freaked Jill out by walking up to a gal (whom I have seen at numerous special and D23 events) and striking up a conversation. Jill thought I was just walking up to random strangers and talking to them (something I would never do!)

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Wow! No wonder you can't remember much! :rotfl2:

Nice! You'll have to share the tips, because I suck at that game!

Sweet room, by the way.

Great update, what a fun time! sorry the food at the demo was not the best.

I'm thinking we'll need two orders of those macarons popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Hi Alison,

Been catching up on the banter here a bit and have read the latest update. Hope to be back tomorrow to comment after my short shift at work. Would now, but have to get ready to head out the door for my PM shift today. Just wanted to say howdy in the meantime. :) Hope all is well with you and Fran!

OMG, the wine tasting was amazing! You forgot to mention it was the very FIRST one every offered at Napa Rose. We should totally do it again some of these days!

I had a fantastic weekend with you guys...can't wait to see you here in a couple of weeks!

Jill in CO

With that tub? I should hope so!

And good thing the drought is over!

:laughing: You guys look like you're having a blast!
(Can't be said about all passengers.)

I don't know how you could NOT have a good time!

There's an awful lot of conjecture going on there!

Well....you saw how much wine we drank...also no notes!

Looks tasty!

Sure was!

:lmao: No shame!

Nice! How was she? (If you remember)

She was rather reserved and very sweet, she has a cute southern drawl that comes out only every so often.

:sad2:

Yum! I love shrimp.

I do remember eating that all up!

I don't either.

Some beers are OK, but rarely would I actually order it myself.

Guess what! I finally had a crab cake! My very first one!

Well? How did you like it?

Good for you! :laughing:

I haven't been able to replicate it since. I need someone like Jill to ride it with me so we can work as a team.

Looks familiar. ;)

Whoa. They do look good! Love the presentation "plate" too.

Another thing I need to go back for!

So glad you were able to eat some this time!

:laughing: Don't worry, I've had my fair share of them over the years!

I had too.... but had eaten enough and no one else seemed inclined, so...

I would have found room for them!

How do you remember that?!?!?!?

Well I do remember after you didn't like the Margarita you went with wine cause it's a safe bet. I'm guessing that you had Riesling since it's what you like, and I doubt they had a moscato or Ice Wine.

Or worse. Daughter's boyfriend.

So how did that go?

:laughing: That just sounds like a funny scene.

Slightly awkward....

Have you ever used it?

All the time! Whenever I open a bottle of red, I pour half the bottle to have with dinner. I save the other half until another night when I'm serving something that goes with red wine.

Want!!!

You need to move closer.

No you need to move closer. I'm not going any farther away from Disneyland!

Good point. That would make more sense.

Its a bit more Dapper!

"And now! Kay! And the Capyberas!!!!" <wild cheering>

:rotfl2:

As for the prologue.... hmmmmm....... dunno.
Not a bad suggestion....
Not sure if I want to open a TR with "Okay just a quick note on our trip to Vegas, since I didn't take any notes..."

And now it's a non issue.

Excellent choice. Especially since I guess that will be going away soon.

And now it's all gone. :sad2:

Wow! No wonder you can't remember much! :rotfl2:

Nice! You'll have to share the tips, because I suck at that game!

Sweet room, by the way.

I'll have to start taking notes the next time I ride it. I rode it with my parents a month and a half later and I was trying to tell them all the tricks and I had forgotten a lot of them already!

Great update, what a fun time! sorry the food at the demo was not the best.

I'm thinking we'll need two orders of those macarons popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

It was OK, I just might have liked something a little less dainty. Yes we probably will, we just need to make sure not to order too much other food beforehand.

Hi Alison,

Been catching up on the banter here a bit and have read the latest update. Hope to be back tomorrow to comment after my short shift at work. Would now, but have to get ready to head out the door for my PM shift today. Just wanted to say howdy in the meantime. :) Hope all is well with you and Fran!

Well it looks like you got bogged down in other stuff. :lmao: Stuff happens! I'm hoping to get another update done this weekend. I'm almost 1/3 of the way through.

OMG, the wine tasting was amazing! You forgot to mention it was the very FIRST one every offered at Napa Rose. We should totally do it again some of these days!

It was! We should try and figure out when they're offering it and have you come out again. Fran can always drive us there and pick us up!

I had a fantastic weekend with you guys...can't wait to see you here in a couple of weeks!

I'm looking so forward to it. So. trying. not. to. microplan. :rotfl2:

I don't know how you could NOT have a good time!

There are always those who refuse to enjoy life.

I'm not one of them.

Well....you saw how much wine we drank...also no notes!

True.

She was rather reserved and very sweet, she has a cute southern drawl that comes out only every so often.

Awwww...

I do remember eating that all up!

I would too!

Well? How did you like it?

Loved it!

I haven't been able to replicate it since. I need someone like Jill to ride it with me so we can work as a team.

Well, get her over there!

:laughing: Don't worry, I've had my fair share of them over the years!

:laughing: Okay, good! I feel a little less guilty now.

Well I do remember after you didn't like the Margarita you went with wine cause it's a safe bet. I'm guessing that you had Riesling since it's what you like, and I doubt they had a moscato or Ice Wine.

Colour me impressed.

So how did that go?

Hasn't happened yet.
End of the month.

All the time! Whenever I open a bottle of red, I pour half the bottle to have with dinner. I save the other half until another night when I'm serving something that goes with red wine.

Gotcha.

No you need to move closer. I'm not going any farther away from Disneyland!

Good point!

And now it's a non issue.

Yep!

Plan away! I'm up for anything!

I just feel like if I actually try and plan it (like researching restaurants and such like I often do) then I will not benefit from your expertise, and we will lose out on spur of the moment types of things. Here is the plan so far.

Wed - your fried chicken place
Thurs - Arvada, Car Museum, Del Frisco's
Fri - Estes Park (this is where I started to go crazy reading Yelp reviews and stuff and had to say, "Stawp!")
Sat - Colorado Springs, Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods
Sun - ???? Whatever Fran comes up with. She wanted me to ask you about turquoise shops, but then she found one in your town online.
Mon - we go home. :sad2:

There are always those who refuse to enjoy life.

I'm not one of them.

I am not either. Fran pretends to be, but when she finally gets out of her shell, she gets really happy.

Well, get her over there!

September....we have to go see her first.

Hasn't happened yet.
End of the month.

Oh, I thought it was the trip you just got back from. You have another trip?????

You've seen me after 3, or was it 4? This many would be cause for immediate pass out.

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

YAY for successful teamwork! I've not gotten past "Beaver" yet. Still working at it!

Eventually we got hungry and checked out the kiosks. The lines were crazy long for every one of them, so we snuck into a little hideaway and made our own Food & Wine Festival. I had my normal Vodka Gibson while I think Jill had a Hemmingway Daquiri.

Hmmm, I think I've seen that place before. ;)

Vault 28 in DTD

A place I could spend a lot of money very quickly!

Well it looks like you got bogged down in other stuff. :lmao: Stuff happens! I'm hoping to get another update done this weekend. I'm almost 1/3 of the way through.

Yeah, my week got away from me. I worked M-Th, went to Ground School, I spend ALL day Friday with Rebekah doing passport stuff and making appts, and today was pretty busy catching up around the house. So, finally here I am. I have a few days off before I do 2 night shifts in a row. So hopefully, I can catch up better over the next couple of days.

The Africa thing is moving forward at warp speed too, and already donations are pouring in. It's very exciting!

I am not either. Fran pretends to be, but when she finally gets out of her shell, she gets really happy.

Yes... I noticed that.
Did I tell you how much I enjoyed chatting with her at lunch?

Oh, I thought it was the trip you just got back from. You have another trip?????

This year? At least two.

:lmao:

I've never traveled this much in one year in my life!

I just feel like if I actually try and plan it (like researching restaurants and such like I often do) then I will not benefit from your expertise, and we will lose out on spur of the moment types of things. Here is the plan so far.

Wed - your fried chicken place
Thurs - Arvada, Car Museum, Del Frisco's
Fri - Estes Park (this is where I started to go crazy reading Yelp reviews and stuff and had to say, "Stawp!")
Sat - Colorado Springs, Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods
Sun - ???? Whatever Fran comes up with. She wanted me to ask you about turquoise shops, but then she found one in your town online.
Mon - we go home. :sad2:

Sounds like a good plan! We'll play everything else by ear depending on how you guys feel.

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!