Category 11 for the 3 day....

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hey all....I have a 3 day cruise booked in September on the Wonder.....booked a category 11 since I am taking my 23 year old daughter, 80 year old mother in law and my wife.....I am paying for the whole trip and booked a category 11 for 2 reasons....first and foremost money.....and secondly is you hardly spend any time in the cabin except to sleep.....my daughter is a big girl....6 foot....and my MIL has had a double knee replacement...so.....will it be difficult or uncomfortable sleeping in the inside cabin...never have had 4 in a standard inside cabin......thanks for any info you can share....still time to make some changes or hope for a small upgrade...we have cruised 4 times....the last 4 years in a row.....
Thanks again....
Tom

I don't have the definitive answer to your question, but I'm thinking....4 people in a cat 11....won't that mean a pull down berth from the ceiling??

I doubt 80 yr old grandma with the bum knees will make it up there. It may be a bit cramped for a 6 foot 23 yr old. That leaves either your wife or you up there. Hmmm.

Again, not a cruise expert, but just my hunch on how things will be set up. Hoping someone can give you the low down. :)

Ohiominnie.....we are with you on the 5/8 Western cruise....looking forward to that one...but have 2 cruises before that one......
Tom

Not a pull down in cat 11. There is a convertible sofabed. I will have one of these with four in a room in 2 weeks. I will be happy to let you know how it feels. Tchrist05, I agree with you. We stayed low budget on the room because we feel like we will do no more than sleep there. We would rather splurge elsewhere!

DizzyLaura:tongue:

DH is 6' 1' / 220 and slept on the pull down one night. He said he slept like a baby. The beds are comfortable, and you will be tired enought from all the activity that you could even sleep in the bathtub.

DizzyLaura...
The sofa actually converts to a twin size bed, it is not a traditional sofabed that would pull out from unde the cushions to create a full or queen size bed.

If you have a category 11 stateroom to sleep 4, you will have this sofa plus another twin sized berth that will pull down from above the sofa creating almost a bunkbed feel.

I am staying in a cat 11 in November with my parents and my 4 year old nephew. I am 5'2" so I don't think we will have a problem.....but it sounds like you might. I am making my nephew sleep in the berth from the ceiling, not sure who you would put up there????

For a 3 day cruise, a cat. 11 should be fine. Just will need to come up with a schedule on who gets to use the bathroom when though!

I would check into booking two rooms. Since all four people are adults, it wouldn't be that much more for two rooms.(It may not be any more depending on how much they charge for the 3rd and 4th adults in rooms.

Oops...didn't know that my TA misinformed me. I stand corrected. Well, my DD has been asking me for a bunk bed. I suppose that this is the perfect opportunity for her to try this out.

Dizzy Laura:tongue:

I suspect it all has to do with your attitude! Are these people you're describing happy-go-lucky types who are just pleased to be going on a cruise, or are they persnickety folks who will turn sour if things aren't ideal?

I agree with Mrs. Pete! Attitude is everything! We have always had a Cat. 11 and have been on a 3, 4 and 7 day. My twins are younger though, but the day they need their own room will be when we stop cruising. It is pricey to get two rooms, and we only slept, dressed and cleaned up in our rooms.

If you have the right attitude, it will be a trip of a lifetime! And if you have never been on the ship and are only going for 3 days, all you will be so busy and so tired that you won't care about the beds!

Have a great time!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter