cast member question????

korzmom

<font color=deeppink>Special DIS Cast Member<br><f
was just wondering if anyone knows if the singers in the shows actually are singing or are they lipsincing? it seems that they are singing except for the little mermaid show, sounds exactly like the movie voice... by the way does anyone know if the guy playing quasimoto in the hunchback show is the same guy who used to play doug? he has a great voice and a personality that goes with it. and one more qustion, is the get happy show just temporary? whats really going there? thanks for all your help.

I don't know for certain, but I'm quite sure that they are actually singing (except for the 'non-human" characters, like Sebastian from LM and Terk from Tarzan). My younger DD was really into listening to the Little Mermaid tape for a while and when you've heard it 10 times a day, there are subtle differences you can hear between the tape and the live version.
Also, I'm pretty sure that the first Gaston from the B & B show was the Gaston who was in the first touring group of the Broadway B & B show that we saw when it came to Minneapolis.
All the live performers are great and I highly recommend all of the live shows.

The cast in the shows do sing. They may do some pre recording for some shows, but I have auditioned to be a Disney performer and after seeing how selective they are at there auditions you know it's gotta all be the real deal!!They work very hard to find the perfect people to play each role.

I think there's some really skillful mixing of live and pre-recorded music. Being a musician, I usually pay close attention and some of the voices are definitely live, and very talented at that.

Sadly, though, Disney is using more and more pre-recorded music and less live musicians, so the same could also be true for the singers.

It's worth noting, though, that many of the WDW performers have gone on to Broadway and other professional careers.

hey, thanks all for the info, whether it is live or prerecorded , i thouroughly enjoy it. a note to BELLE.... what act did you audition for? and how do you get to do that? my dd would love to be a cast member (not any singing parts) just one of the cast members that get to work rides....shes does the whole schpeel of the driver in the great movie ride...its really funny!!! my other dd would love to become an animator, shes really pretty talented with her artwork. I would love to live there!

About auditioning and becoming a CM in general. Well, disney has a national audition tour each year, usually in the spring. They audition for actors, singers, dancers, musical theater performers and in some places acrobatics.When I auditioned it was considered a general open call, however they did tell us they were casting specific roles for various shows in WDW, Disney cruiseline and Tokyo Disney. They also told us they were looking for specific heights and eye colors!! They also hold monthly open calls in Florida. For more info you can visit disney.com and link to there careers section where they post info on all kinds of job opportunities. They also provide job/audition hotline numbers and addresses where you can get more info.

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter