Cass, Rob & Kira - Universal & 10-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy 2017

I am trying to remember my days. Did Rob and Kira come to the gold/platinum thing with you? I know at one time on this day he messaged me about Claire swimming or playing putt putt and I am trying to figure the time line because I didn't take enough pictures. LOL.

I am trying to remember my days. Did Rob and Kira come to the gold/platinum thing with you? I know at one time on this day he messaged me about Claire swimming or playing putt putt and I am trying to figure the time line because I didn't take enough pictures. LOL.

Yes, they both came with me to that. I think he messaged you the next day because Kira didn't go to the pool that day until the sun was setting but he did take her the next day during the day. :thumbsup2

Three updates, I'm behind :earseek:

I'm sorry that the food wasn't the best on this cruise. We enjoyed pretty much every meal on the Fantasy in January - perhaps since it was a longer food did they 'struggle' with the quality, if you know what I mean?

The pools closing at 10 is just ridiculous! :sad2: The irked me to no end as well. Next time on the Fantasy our goal is to ride the AD at night as we didn't get enough time to try it at night this past trip. Glad you were able to get a nice and relaxing family night at the pool :love:

Ahhhh, that spicy chicken sandwich is just about the only reason I get off the ship at Castaway Cay. I'm not sure if they even serve those at Serenity Bay, but Cookies Too has them and I love them. I do, however, like them nice and spicy!

Nice to see that you and Kira finally got some much needed pool time. And then to be able to watch my favorite Disney movie, Ratatouille, priceless!

Day 7, Part 1

Our second day at sea already, wow!

Slept in, had some snuggles and then onward to Cabanas :teeth:

423.jpg

Rob's...

424.jpg

Rob's...

425.jpg

Rob's...

426.jpg

Oh and Rob's again :p

428.jpg

I got mine, which looked exactly the same as it did yesterday except I couldn't find the ham and I didn't take a pic but then Rob went up to find me some ham and he brought me this.

Obviously he thought I needed to eat more :lmao:

427.jpg

Back to the room where our stateroom host kindly organized Kira's ever growing stuffy collection :rolleyes1

In case you are wondering, that blanket on the bottom of this pic was Lilo's blanket (our last dog) whom Kira was very attached to and after Lilo died, she stole it from my room and slept with it, smelling it every night. :sad1:

Lilo was the first dog that Kira lost that was heartbreaking to her. We lost Stitch when Kira was only 6 and we still had Lilo so it wasn't as tough as when we lost Lilo two years later. I've since washed it, obviously but she still sleeps with it every night and brings it with her wherever she goes.

429.jpg

I attended a presentation about the making of Cars 3 with Brook and her family, which was really great and ended up being the first of three presentations he gave on our cruise.

He said he had never done any kind of presentation like this and was a little nervous but he did a great job and it was really interesting. All three presentations were cut short due to an event being held in the theatre after him but I could have listened to him for much longer.

430.jpg

Rob wasn't interested in going with me so he did some laundry...

435.jpg

Then joined Kira and I for her first (and definitely not last!) meet with Stitch :rolleyes:

434.jpg

These were the treats they had in the case at Vista Cafe, right next to where Stitch was meeting guests...

485.jpg

Then Rob and Kira delivered a few of our FE gifts.

480.jpg

And then they headed up to the pool. A place you won't find me during the day. :sad2:

481.jpg

Oh look, people soup :crazy2:

482.jpg

Kira didn't stay long as she couldn't actually swim, too many people!

She grabbed lunch from Flo's and then some dessert.

483.jpg

By then it was time to back to Cabanas for my husband :rolleyes1

431.jpg

If there's veggies on the plate, it's probably not mine :rotfl2:

484.jpg

Here's mine and it was actually quite delicious! I was even thinking of going to get seconds of it but they closed the buffet. :sad1:

433.jpg

We saw the 3:30pm show by Mary Ellen Hooper and I am so glad we did! She was HILARIOUS and I was snorting/laughing the entire time, my stomach hurt!

Most of her shtick was about being a mom and totally relatable, I loved it!!!! :worship:

436.jpg

I can't remember what we did after, maybe some shopping?

Then we went to the Ricky Kalmon hypnotist show. It was pretty good, standard hypnotist show, if you've seen one before, well they are very similar.

Now it was time to get ready for dinner as it was Pirate Night tonight pirate:

486.jpg

Another beautiful sunset tonight :love:

437.jpg

This was waiting for us when we got back from the show.

438.jpg

Dinner at Enchanted Garden tonight.

440.jpg

441.jpg

442.jpg

443.jpg

444.jpg

445.jpg

446.jpg

447.jpg

448.jpg

449.jpg

While we were waiting for our entrees, Kira spotted Maria, our assistant server from our Christmas cruise on the Wonder! :hug:

We were happy to see her and I was secretly wishing that she was our assistant server :scratchin

We chatted with her for a bit and then she had to go back to her section to finish serving her tables.

450.jpg

451.jpg

452.jpg

I have to stop this chapter here and continue tomorrow because I am at the max image count :rolleyes2

Last edited:
That first photo of Kira cracked me up, the look on her face is priceless :laughing: Also, my eldest DD has that same dress!

Oh my gosh, the comments about the blanket/Kira/your dogs nearly had me tearing up. Our dog (shepherd mix) is 15(!!!) and not doing so well so we know our girls (and both my hubby and I) will be in for some heartbreak soon :sad1:

Ha....people soup.....yuck! That pool is definitely too "peoply" on a sea day!

So cool you saw your asst server from your Christmas cruise!

Back to the room where our stateroom host kindly organized Kira's ever growing stuffy collection :rolleyes1

While the chocolate is nice and I hate cleaning bathrooms, if I could have someone keep the stuffed animal population in check I would no complain.

Did anyone try any of the new Pirate Night dishes? I'm curious.

You had a different Pixar guy on the 10-nighter. On the 11-nighter we had Bobby Podesta, supervising animator for Cars 3. He gave several different presentations and we enjoyed them all. We saw him and his family around the ship all week.

On our cruise, it was the first time Six Appeal ever performed on a cruise. They even said it was the first time, ever, that any of them had even been on a cruise ship. They were ok, but not my cup of tea.

Great Universal installments - though it's just not Disney...
I'm totally excited to join you on this cruise - love the itinerary on the navigator!!

Great: - That your checking in and coming on board this time seemed to be a breeze!
- Rob and Kiras joy really pop out of the pictures!
- Kiras haircut suits her well! And wow - one can literally see your gorgeaus girl grow.
- And of course that you were feeling well most of the time!
:goodvibes :thumbsup2 :cheer2: :goodvibes

Sorry, forgot to reply to this one!

Yeah, not Disney but still fun :goodvibes

I love Kira's hair short, it looks super cute and easier to handle. It took some persuading to get it cut that short before the trip but glad she finally caved in :thumbsup2

I was NOT happy about this at all. The ones from room service were like the old ones though (just bigger)

I didn't know your balcony was like that.

It took me a bit to get my anxiety pushed away and then start relaxing. The lunch was fun but lots was going on. It's kind of a blur to me now. I do remember Rob saying he wasn't allowed to go to the room for another 10 minutes. LOL. I didn't take any pictures really of us boarding...so I am stealing yours for my TR too. hahahaha.

We never even had room service! We rarely do actually. :scratchin But now that you said the cookies were better, maybe we should have!

I did try a bite of one on CC and it was much better!

Yeah, I really liked our balcony! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry you had a frustrating first day. You needed to be with me :laughing: No anxiety, just laughter :rotfl:

Steal away any pics you want :goodvibes

I love how fast you are at making your trip reports! You just fly!

That's because I have no life :rolleyes1 :teeth:

Three updates, I'm behind :earseek:

I'm sorry that the food wasn't the best on this cruise. We enjoyed pretty much every meal on the Fantasy in January - perhaps since it was a longer food did they 'struggle' with the quality, if you know what I mean?

The pools closing at 10 is just ridiculous! :sad2: The irked me to no end as well. Next time on the Fantasy our goal is to ride the AD at night as we didn't get enough time to try it at night this past trip. Glad you were able to get a nice and relaxing family night at the pool :love:

I don't know what it is but both times on the Fantasy and the food was not great. I think I enjoyed every thing I ate on the Wonder, it was sooo good and last year on the Magic too, so delicious! :worship:

GAH! I hate the early pool closures! SO DUMB!!!

That night, formal night and then our last night on the cruise was probably the best part of the cruise for me :cloud9:

Ahhhh, that spicy chicken sandwich is just about the only reason I get off the ship at Castaway Cay. I'm not sure if they even serve those at Serenity Bay, but Cookies Too has them and I love them. I do, however, like them nice and spicy!

Nice to see that you and Kira finally got some much needed pool time. And then to be able to watch my favorite Disney movie, Ratatouille, priceless!

I didn't realize they had them on CC. I got the same thing another night and it was so spicy I couldn't eat it, you would have loved it :p

How did I not know that Ratatouille was your fave Disney movie????? :confused:

Although, I bet you haven't seen them all! :cool:

Waaaaaallllllll-E ;)

Enjoying your trip report!

Cass...I did start my TR...link is in my signature.....and I will be going slow. LOL

Awesome! I will check it out and post a link to it :thumbsup2 :cool1:

That first photo of Kira cracked me up, the look on her face is priceless :laughing: Also, my eldest DD has that same dress!

Oh my gosh, the comments about the blanket/Kira/your dogs nearly had me tearing up. Our dog (shepherd mix) is 15(!!!) and not doing so well so we know our girls (and both my hubby and I) will be in for some heartbreak soon :sad1:

Ha....people soup.....yuck! That pool is definitely too "peoply" on a sea day!

So cool you saw your asst server from your Christmas cruise!

I think she was at the point of "Seriously, another picture?" :rotfl2:

Love that dress! Old Navy, right? So flowy :goodvibes

15? Wow!!!

It's going to be so hard :sad1: :hug: But lucky to have a shepherd for 15 years! Our shepherd Tzar (Lilo & Stitch's predecessor) only made it to 10, Stitch made it to 7 and Lilo almost made it to 10. Go hug your doggie :hug::dog2: :lovestruc

While the chocolate is nice and I hate cleaning bathrooms, if I could have someone keep the stuffed animal population in check I would no complain.

Did anyone try any of the new Pirate Night dishes? I'm curious.

No kidding! Kira's collection is getting ridiculous! And we already donated a whole garbage bag full to the Fire Department years ago! :eek:

Honestly, I don't recall what was new this time. I did try that baked brie dish, which was new to me. Not what I was expecting and quite gross! :crazy2:

You had a different Pixar guy on the 10-nighter. On the 11-nighter we had Bobby Podesta, supervising animator for Cars 3. He gave several different presentations and we enjoyed them all. We saw him and his family around the ship all week.

On our cruise, it was the first time Six Appeal ever performed on a cruise. They even said it was the first time, ever, that any of them had even been on a cruise ship. They were ok, but not my cup of tea.

Yes, Jason talked a bit about Bobby and how his presentations were going to be quite different from his as he was an editor and Bobby was an animator. It was quite funny actually! Also, it was Jason's first time on a cruise as well, so that was neat to hear about too. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that about Six Appeal but I did enjoy their family act way better than the adult one. I liked the Disney songs they sang at the Welcome Aboard show :thumbsup2

They hung around at The Tube the entire cruise, they were in there every single time I was in there so we saw them a lot. I was beginning to think they slept there :rotfl2:

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that didn't like the food on the Fantasy. We were on a Star Wars cruise last year and, aside from Palo, the food was not very good at all.

Day 7, Part 2

We continue with dessert now...

453.jpg

Kira got a Mickey Ice Cream Bar.

454.jpg

Sorry, this one is blurry :scared:

455.jpg

456.jpg

457.jpg

This is what I ordered, the cheesecake and it was the only dessert I enjoyed the entire cruise! I loved it ! :love:
458.jpg

We saw our head server from our last cruise on the Fantasy in 2013, Wira and he took this pic for us...

459.jpg

And I snapped this one because I love these...I've taken a lot of these you will probably notice :rolleyes: :lovestruc

I just can't help myself :love: :laughing:

460.jpg

Time for the Pirate Party!

Cute skull...

461.jpg

Scary skull :lmao:

462.jpg

Cheesy show...

463.jpg

Awesome fireworks :woohoo:

464.jpg

465.jpg

466.jpg

467.jpg

The pool was closed, I really hate that they don't open it up anymore after the party. I know they used to because I remember swimming in it watching Pirates on Funnel Vision.

Rob and Kira went back to the room while I headed to Cabanas.

I had checked the menus for every meal for the entire cruise on the app and they never had banana bread. I like banana bread, don't eat it often but the stuff on the ship is the BOMB! So I was sad they didn't offer it in the dining rooms.

We ended up asking Ferdie about getting some for the table every night and we did get it, starting the next night I think. But he also said that they had some at the buffet tonight so I went a searchin' :lmao:

It was quite funny entering Cabanas as we were really rocking that night and there was a mass of people entering Cabanas and we all went left and then we all went right. We were all laughing about it. I tried to get a video of it but just missed it.

Only the starboard side was open so we had to cut through and go on the other side.

There were HOARDS of people trying to get food, it was CRAZY!!!

It seriously was scary, it was like these people hadn't eaten in days!!! :scared1:

I did a quick look as I walked by and didn't see any so I got the heck out of there! o_O

I waited about 25 minutes and went back in. Honestly, it wasn't much better! I got in the massive line and checked everything out. I did find small banana bread loaves and I did get one but it wasn't very good :crazy2:

I took some pics as I waited in the ridiculous line.

I kinda wish I wasn't full from dinner because I would have liked to try some stuff as I didn't see some of it any other day at the buffet.

468.jpg

469.jpg

471.jpg

472.jpg

There's the banana bread...which was not labeled so you really had to look close to see what it was.

473.jpg

474.jpg

475.jpg

476.jpg

477.jpg

478.jpg

479.jpg

Back to the room, happy to get out of there!! I will be avoiding Pirate Night Buffet on all future cruises :scared: I'm just not good with crowds, I guess but if you can hack it, they had some great food choices!

Here's our Nav for our Aruba day.

439.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I feel like you are in my head. On our last Fantasy cruise in May the food was awful, ship felt crowded (I will never go to the buffet on embarkation day again), and everything felt closed all the time. The aquaduck, the ice cream, the pools, the kids club, the quick serve on deck, the buffet. Drove us crazy. We had fun, but I do not know for the life of me why Disney got rid of the pretzels on deck and closes the pools earlier now. Those things just do not cost much at all.

I have never gone into Pirate buffet because we take the late dinner seating and we are still full from dinner, but that picture and your description makes me happy with our decision.

Oh it was such a happy day to find this trip report! I have been reading your trip reports prior to Kira's arrival into this world! I love all your details, but most of all I love how you tell it like it is! And I also love all your wonderful pictures! So thank you for that! You and Rob have not changed a bit (only for the better) in all these years. And I love seeing how much Kira has grown. She is such an adorable young lady!

We cruised the Fantasy on the 15th of July for the 3rd time. We love the Fantasy and Disney cruises as well. We had Danijel and Veri for our servers...best servers ever! But like you, I really had to listen to Veri to understand what she was saying. The girls (my daughter (13) and niece (15) ) understood her perfectly every time though.

We also were in the parks for a couple of days and it was HOT! I love the heat (coming from North Dakota heat is always a welcome thing), but it is excessive at times! We did Universal Studios last year for the first time (staying at Hard Rock Hotel) and I was just so sure I wouldn't like it being such a Disney fan and I didn't want to "cheat" on Disney. Boy was I wrong! I cannot wait to get back there next year! Loved everything about it! Except the pools closing so early like you mentioned! What is up with that!?!

Looking forward to reading more of your trip report!

I didn't realize they had them on CC. I got the same thing another night and it was so spicy I couldn't eat it, you would have loved it :p

How did I not know that Ratatouille was your fave Disney movie????? :confused:

Although, I bet you haven't seen them all! :cool:

Waaaaaallllllll-

Yes, I've only seen those chicken sandwiches on CC. Oh so delicious!

Favorite movies are Ratatouille and The Lion King. But Ratatouille is hands down my absolute favorite.
And you just know I haven't seen them all. I do have Wall-E, watched it and didn't really like it much. Lol
Different Strokes....eh? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!