Cass, Rob & Kira - Universal & 10-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy 2017

Wow, very cool that Canada Day was acknowledged on the ship - love your shirts! That poutine however....I have NEVER seen it made with such huge fries :crazy2:
Oh, I've seen poutine with large fries, but it wasn't exactly regular poutine! It was part of a group iniation/scavenger hunt, and we had to find a place with poutine at 5:30am, in downtown Montreal, in January on the coldest day of the year! We ended up finding a breakfast place, which had hash browns (the type that are big square fried chunks, not grated), they pulled out frozen cheese curds from the back, and they had gravy already for breakfast! It actually turned out pretty good, with the hot gravy melting the cheese enough!

Wow, what a great port!! We can't cruise due to dh's motion sickness (he has tried every remedy known to man and nothing works for him), but thankfully we do lots of all inclusives, so we can still visit the different islands. Looks lovely!

I feel like I get a bit of the cruise 'feel' through your fabulous writing and pics! I haven't done a cruise since I was a teen, but maybe I can go with friends sometime in the future. LOVING your report!!! :)

Sorry everyone, no updates for a bit, my computer is back in the dumb shop again :headache::sad2:

Sucky computer. Hope all is well with the computer soon. Kira's smile reminds me of this. :ccat: Such a cutie.

Kate

Thanks to your TR I was able to impress my DH when Aruba came up last night...shared a fact or two and he was amazed I was correct (oh, men...).

See, Disboards are educational :) Hope the computer gremlins are exorcised soon!

Just back from a wonderful one week beach camping in beautiful Prince Edward Island... thought, oh I gotta go look for new updates from Cass and sure enough, there they were! You are so good at this. I agree with you and others, that poutine looked really sad and for a minute, I thought I wonder how it tasted... then I read your description! lol! Yeah, they totally missed the memo on brown gravy!

WOW on those pics of Curacao! Just beautiful!! Did you and Rob bring a lock to add to the heart? Sweet idea. :lovestruc

Great updates! I spy some more ports I need to visit!

Jill in CO

Day 9, Part 2

As per our tradition, we let Kira find herself a little trinket in one of the shops.

She found some key chains with Curacao written on them and chose them as her little giftie.

Headed back to the ship now...

606.jpg

607.jpg

As we got in the secured area, I remembered to check for free Wi-Fi, which I found and then found a spot in the shade to upload some pics to FB.

I told Rob and Kira that they could head back to the ship without me so they wouldn't have to wait but they decided to wait it out :p

608.jpg

Back on the ship and straight to the ice cream machines...hmmm, I could get used to this new tradition :scratchin :rotfl2:

609.jpg

See that cup? That was mine. I don't like cones so I just grab a cup from the drink station and a spoon from Flo's. Sometimes they had the spoons either at or behind the counter to the left of the pic above, which made it easier for me.

I've also read that some ships are now stocking the cups and spoons right there at the ice cream machines :thumbsup2

Rob took Kira to play Midship Detective Agency and then for a visit to the pool for awhile while I cooled down in the room.

613.jpg

614.jpg

That's her in the middle, actually swimming :goodvibes

This is how crowded the pool is in most ports, not empty but definitely doable :thumbsup2

612.jpg

I met up with them so we could go have some lunch at Cabanas...well, so Rob could have lunch at Cabanas :rolleyes:

Rob's...

621.jpg

He got some cookies for Kira.

616.jpg

Kira grabbed a hot dog from Flo's and met us there.

623.jpg

I actually tried some stuff at Cabanas but it was brisket, which I didn't realize and I'm not a big fan.

622.jpg

So, I ended up at Flo's myself. Since the spicy chicken sandie was still available and I had enjoyed it so much the last time, I got that.

624.jpg

And I nearly burnt my freaking mouth off...too spicy!!! :furious: :charac2:

I think Kira ate some of my fries, I felt bad for wasting the food but it was just too spicy! :worried:

I headed back to the room and on the way, I picked this up to eat in the room while watching a movie.

626.jpg

Ahhhh...MUCH better :cloud9:

I finally found the place on the TV to see the map! It is rather buried in a menu, not easy to find!

617.jpg

I took this pic because it shows where my glorious Wonder is and also where we live, Calgary :flower:

618.jpg

There's the Magic and the Dream! I was a little jealous of the Magic :laughing:

619.jpg

And a closer look at our journey...

620.jpg

Rob got back from lunch and we snuggled, maybe even napped I think!

It was now time to sail away from Curacao and we watched from our balcony.

I gotta say (if I haven't said it before, I really don't know because my brain is old now :p so if I'm repeating this, just ignore me) that we totally lucked out for all ports with our stateroom location. :worship:

625.jpg

Great view of the bridge happenings :cool1:

633.jpg

627.jpg

628.jpg

629.jpg

The sail away from Curacao was just gorgeous!!! And it seemed like it never ended! :love:

There was part of the island that looked like a ship to me, it was awesome!

630.jpg

I wanted to linger even longer but I needed to jump in the shower. Jen was going to play Disney trivia and I wanted to join her.

I was a few minutes late but I found Jen, Claire and Brook playing together so I joined them.

It was fun and we had a nice little visit afterwards and then Jen went up to :smokin: and while we passed deck 4 doors, this caught mine and Brook's attention!

:eek:

Yowzers!!! :lovestruc

631.jpg

632.jpg

634.jpg

635.jpg

636.jpg

I was sad that I didn't have my camcorder and was hoping that Rob was taking some video footage for me...he wasn't. :cool:

He was taking these... :laughing:

637.jpg

638.jpg

639.jpg

640.jpg

Look familiar? :goodvibes

Then he took one of me. :cool:

652.jpg

I took a couple more before getting dressed for dinner!

650.jpg

651.jpg

Last edited:
It took me a few days to find the map on TV too. Once I found it I thought...well duh..of course it is there. hahaha.
I am so made I missed the sunset and I am pretty sure I was up top at that time too. I guess I got talking to someone and never turned around to look.

Day 9, Part 3

We got dressed for dinner and Kira said she wanted to drop by the kids club to check something out....YAY! Finally :cool1:

There was an adult only show in The Tube that we wanted to see so we headed down there.

We got to The Tube and it was packed! :crowded:

We tried to get to the lower part, close to the stage as my friends texted me to say they had some seats down there but we couldn't get by all the people.

We also tried to just stand at the back to even listen to it but no matter where we stood, we were right in front of people and we were getting dirty looks. :snooty:

On the way out, as we were passing Mike, the cruise director, I said very loudly to Rob "Whoever designed this place ought to be shot!"

:mic:

Seriously, terrible design and it made me never want to return. And actually, I don't think I ever did. I was just so done with that place! :duck:

We decided to scoop up Kira at the Club and then head back to our room just to chill before dinner.

There was some sort of dancing lessons going on in the Atrium with Donald. :donald:

645.jpg

It wasn't long before it was time for dinner at Animator's Palate.

We stopped to take a pic near the elevators...

646.jpg

And once again a very nice lady kindly offered to take a family pic. :lovestruc

647.jpg

648.jpg

This was the rotational AP menu...

649.jpg

653.jpg

And here's the banana bread that we got each night thereafter...

654.jpg

It was good and I was very thankful that they went above and beyond for us to actually make it for us every night but it didn't even compare to the stuff on the Magic.

Kira's dinner tonight.

I swear that kid is going to turn into a hot dog one day. My dad said the same thing about me but with a bologna sandwich! Thankfully, I never did turn into one so I am not too worried about Kira at this point. :scratchin :rotfl2:

At least she ate some vegetables :goodvibes

655.jpg

My appy, which is the big star of the evening on every cruise.

I must admit, I didn't like the purseittes the first three times I tried them but the last two have been quite enjoyable.

Acquired taste maybe? :rotfl:

656.jpg

657.jpg

I tried every night night to get a pic of my two loves. :love:

658.jpg

659.jpg

660.jpg

This is Ferdie, our server.

661.jpg

My entree.

662.jpg

Rob's...

663.jpg

664.jpg

665.jpg

666.jpg

667.jpg

Back to the room to find this.

668.jpg

Tomorrow's Navs...

669.jpg

We decided to go watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in the BV Theatre at 10:30pm. We had seen it a few weeks earlier at home when it first came out but we really enjoyed it and it wasn't playing many times on the ship, or least during times that were good for us and we wanted to see it again.

Patty's hubby, Fred and their kids, Zach and Caleb were going too so we joined them. I gotta say that it was nice to get to know Patty and her family a little on this trip. I had met Patty before but it was a work thing and we honestly didn't get to chat a lot on that trip. They were all so nice and very friendly. :grouphug:

I should also mention that they sat at a table next to us at dinner every night and on the evenings we didn't go to dinner, they took our place at the table, so that gave them a chance to chat and visit with Jen, J and family. :thumbsup2

I wasn't sure if Kira would make it for the whole movie as it was quite late for her but she made it. She was getting very tired near the end and we cuddled up together but we made it.

Tomorrow is another day at sea :cool1:

Last edited:
I was a bout 50/50 with the food. Some things were great and some just ok or not great. I do think that with many things they are not consistent. Claire got steaks every night in Oct and they were good. She said they were all just ok or less this time around. Her best one was at brunch the one day. The plus to me is I am not cooking!!!
And of course good dinner company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!