Car vs Bus

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
We are a party of 8 staying at OKW in early February. On previous trips, there were only 4 or 5 of us, and so we always rented a car. This time around, we either have to rent a 12-seater van or 2 cars. Or use the internal bus system.

So typically...what kind of time differences might we be looking at from OKW, to say, MK - bus vs driving? Same for the other parks. I know dining at resorts will be a bit of a pain if we only use the bus but other options could kick in for those instances, like Uber, etc.

I have 2 people in this group who HATE taking a bus - can I confidently build a case for using the buses? Personally, I find the whole car thing to MK a total pain in the butt and would actually look forward to a bus ride instead!

So what are the buses like to/from OKW?

I would take the bus compared to paying for 2 vehicles and driving 2 vehicles everywhere. @FCDub is right as it would take you about 20 - 30 minutes longer to arrive at the parks than if you have your own cars. The bus to and from OKW run every 20 minutes.

It could take you 20-30 minutes longer by bus. If, say, you board at Peninsular Road after having justmissed the MK bus. Or it could take you the same or less time by bus, if you board at Hospitality House just before the bus departs.

Buses drop and pick up adjacent to the park(s). Driving requires parking at the TTC, making your way to the Seven Seas transport options, and traveling across or around the lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter