• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Seat for Limo or Taxi??

jeeperwy

Mouseketeer
We usually rent a car and bring our carseat with us, but this time I am going alone with DS10 and DS4, and will be either getting a taxi (from SNA to GC) or a limo. What is the protocol for carseats? I don't want to lug it if I don't have to, but want DS4 to be safe. What do you do?

Thanks,
Kari

I wouldnt take my 4 year old in either one with out a car seat. I believe it is your call- state law would require it. If they got pulled over the ticket would go to you, not the driver. If you are wanting to go with out a car seat I believe your only option is the Disney express bus (www.airportbus.com).

I agree with hbltimes2, I wouldn't take my 4 year old without a car seat either. But...is he big enough for a backless booster? I have found that they are pretty easy to drag along and very cheap to buy. I can fit ours in a backpack and just gate check it at the plane or even carry it on if I don't already have too much. If you fit it in a backpack type of bag, you can hang it over the stroller handles to and from the airport. It is worth having cause those taxi drivers can be crazy!! Plus we ended up using ours if we want to hop in and ride along with someone else at home so it wasn't a waste of money for just one trip.
I would do the bus without the carseat though, that is what we have done in other places because the big buses are safer than cars but not the little 16 pax shuttles-they are the most deadly!

Many limo companies will have car seats you can rent. I don't have specific info on this for Disneyland but would assume many limo companies that cater to families would offer car seats. I would call some of them directly. If not then I agree with others, bring your own to be safe. The toddler booster seats are great and your 4 year old is likely old enough and heavy enough to qualify size wise for that option. If not, most infant, under 40 lb. car seats can be worn on the back like a backpack and with porters, smart carts and your ten year old, you could probably manage to add it to your collection of luggage just fine. Good luck, car seats complicate travel and I am glad to be finally done with that (after 10+ years)! I also totally agree with fidoprincess, the 16 passenger vans are usually driven by insane people (and this is L.A. traffic to boot). I have also had some scary experiences with cabs in L.A. too so that makes me even more likely to recommend car seats.

Thanks so much for the help. I will call the limo company and ask about car seats (however, I get the willies just thinking about using someone else's seat, but don't have any problems with the rides at DL :) go figure!!!!).
I think that he would be OK with a booster by that time even though he is harnessed in my car (he's about 40 pounds now).

Thanks again!!!
Kari

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter