Canon Rebel T6

jesemeca

Mouseketeer
Hi! I just purchased a Canon Rebel T6 bundle. It came with two lenses,
EF-S 18mm to 55mm IS lens and EF 75mm to 300mm III.

Anyone have experience with this camera? Or these lenses? Any tips or advice?

This is my first DSLR. I'm excited to learn, but also nervous.

Thanks.

I have a Canon T3. But the the 18-55 is a kit lens. That and the 75-300 are both great starter lenses. Without really knowing what you're going to be shooting, it's hard to give a run down.

Advice I would give would be to get UV filters for the lenses.

If you could provide some more details, we'll better be able to help!

Have fun shooting!

I have a Canon T3. But the the 18-55 is a kit lens. That and the 75-300 are both great starter lenses. Without really knowing what you're going to be shooting, it's hard to give a run down.

Advice I would give would be to get UV filters for the lenses.

If you could provide some more details, we'll better be able to help!

Have fun shooting!

I mostly use my camera for Disney trips and taking pictures of my niece and nephew. As far as Disney pictures, I'm interested in learning how to get better dark ride and firework photos.

1. There's threads in the photography board about fireworks photos. Just take a little time and go back through.
2. Dark ride photos are tricky. The lower the f stop, the better, but even then there's more to it.

For Disney pictures in general, I've found that the 18-55 kit lens is a good start. I keep it on most of the time. The only time I use my telephoto lens (I have a 55-250) is when I want to take pictures across the lagoon in Epcot. Other than that, the 18-55 is what I use.

Just keep in mind, the darker things are, the more prone to camera shake you'll be.

As far as my tips for fireworks, you'll need a decent tripod (or trashcan, wall, whatever you can use that your camera won't move), a shutter release and you have to put the camera in Manual and set it to Bulb.

I did some research before I went and tried it the first time, and I just started learning by trial and error. With the 4th of July coming up, that's a good time to go out and practice. Sure, you're not going to know the fireworks pattern, but it's still practice for learning how to anticipate bursts and such. That said, if you're going to shoot HEA, Illuminations or Star Wars fireworks, you'll want to know what shots you want to get and know where they are in the show.

I mostly use my camera for Disney trips and taking pictures of my niece and nephew. As far as Disney pictures, I'm interested in learning how to get better dark ride and firework photos.

Those lenses aren't really capable of dark ride photos.
For great fireworks shots, those lenses are fine. You just need a tripod and to learn to manually set your camera. (I'd suggest f16, ISO 100, and whatever shutter speed gives you the exposure you're seeking). Manually focused to infinity or just short of infinity.

I'd suggest taking a local photography class.

1. There's threads in the photography board about fireworks photos. Just take a little time and go back through.
2. Dark ride photos are tricky. The lower the f stop, the better, but even then there's more to it.

For Disney pictures in general, I've found that the 18-55 kit lens is a good start. I keep it on most of the time. The only time I use my telephoto lens (I have a 55-250) is when I want to take pictures across the lagoon in Epcot. Other than that, the 18-55 is what I use.

Just keep in mind, the darker things are, the more prone to camera shake you'll be.

As far as my tips for fireworks, you'll need a decent tripod (or trashcan, wall, whatever you can use that your camera won't move), a shutter release and you have to put the camera in Manual and set it to Bulb.

I did some research before I went and tried it the first time, and I just started learning by trial and error. With the 4th of July coming up, that's a good time to go out and practice. Sure, you're not going to know the fireworks pattern, but it's still practice for learning how to anticipate bursts and such. That said, if you're going to shoot HEA, Illuminations or Star Wars fireworks, you'll want to know what shots you want to get and know where they are in the show.

Thanks. I usually take my firework picture handheld at about 1 second exposure. I'm very good at being still.

Those lenses aren't really capable of dark ride photos.
For great fireworks shots, those lenses are fine. You just need a tripod and to learn to manually set your camera. (I'd suggest f16, ISO 100, and whatever shutter speed gives you the exposure you're seeking). Manually focused to infinity or just short of infinity.

I'd suggest taking a local photography class.

Thanks

My current camera, Canon SX30, takes decent dark ride pictures. So I just assumed this camera would be better.

The package I bought includes a free online class. Hopefully that will help me some.

Thanks

My current camera, Canon SX30, takes decent dark ride pictures. So I just assumed this camera would be better.

The package I bought includes a free online class. Hopefully that will help me some.

Guess it depends on the definition of a "decent dark ride pic"

I've never seen any dark ride pic (true dark ride, like Peter Pan) taken with any kit lens or any regular p&s that looked half decent.
In fact, I can get better dark ride pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter